American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review

American Automobile Association (AAA) Reviews

Updated May 2, 2015
409 reviews filtered by

1. Expect to be overworked and under paid.

Current Employee - Licensed Call Center Advocate in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Licensed Call Center Advocate in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

If you are hired as a Call Center Agent and you do not have your property and casualty license, AAA will pay for your license but you must stay with the company for at least a year to avoid pay them back. The yearly bonus, which are based on the company performance, are good. Also, the AAA Membership is reduced. You will have an opportunity to bid for a different shift time based on your performance.

Cons

AAA is very inconsistent. The policies and procedures change from day to day and is based upon how much money the company makes. As an employee you have to wait 2 years before you can move into another position. Salary is very subpar based on the amount of work you have to do as a licensed call center agent. Especially since you have to clean up the NUMEROUS MISTAKES of the incompetent AAA Agents, who the company seems to praise. The phone system is HORRIBLE. The new call monitoring process is too subjective. The call center is open on Saturday to take calls from the rudest customers who work Monday-Friday. Some of the customers can be rude, nasty, and very condesending if you allow them to be.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep quality employees then YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM, especially in the call center.

2. Good company

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, good to know different kind of people

Cons

promotions, company values, , higher management, micromanagement

Advice to Management

be a bit more understanding in higher level management

3. Customer Oriented

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Close to home offered great benefits

Cons

In Glendale, Az closed membership services and went with an outside vendor

5. Good Experience, bad higher ups AAA Hoosier Motor Club

Current Employee - Travel Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Travel Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting work and almost always busy
    love the people I work with

Cons

There is never any rewards for your good doing
    they do not allow overtime
    Bad communication skills

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees for what they do for the company

6. Insurance service specialist

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

The benefits are good! Great!

Cons

Micro management is stressful and annoying

7. Customer focused, performance driven, and professional development oriented.

Current Employee - Manager in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Coppell, TX

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growth oriented focus, career development, and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

More formal procedures for career bathing.

Advice to Management

Spend more time developing frontline staff members and management staff.

8. good

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

I like working for American Automobile Assoc. because everyone is so friendly and they have a good office culture.

Cons

I don't feel that my compensation is as high as it could be. I don't have any other complaints, though.

Advice to Management

I like how structured our training is, but I feel that sometimes getting promoted is very difficult in small offices.
    That's all i have to say.

9. Really befuddling

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Wed lunches, pretty view, well-meaning co-workers, well-meaning product. Loyal customer base.

Cons

Strange backwards decisions by management, cutting out telecommuting, no jeans (except on Friday--This the Bay Area!!), trying to legislate behavior. Stop spending huge amounts to outside consultants to give innovation advice, then never following that intelligent, expensive advice.
    Cost-cutting in meaningless ways that demoralizes staff. Highly politicized. Structure and lack of methodology to suggest or implement innovative ideas that could move AAA out of the 1900's.

Advice to Management

Keep Via Magazine and branch materials for older demographic. Build outreach to younger market. Invest in people and communicate. Stop creating silly edicts. Walk the talk..."famous for doing the right thing". Make management approachable and treat employees like adults. Hire smart people in mid-level positions instead of eliminating positions and titles--they add value and are not disposable. Spend money on mass media--do great branding and let people know what AAA offers besides road service and do it in an entertaining way. Invest in your image. Look at your competitors. Do something meaningful for your employees to improve morale. Your inventory walks out the door at night--appreciate them.

10. BEST COMPANY!

Current Intern - Intern in Heathrow, FL
    Current Intern - Intern in Heathrow, FL

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Respect, tradition, incredible work environment, great pay and benefits.

Cons

Because it is a traditional company, there are a lot of policies in place that need to be followed.

A Company of Comrades.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

From day one until my last day I can honestly say I've had a positive experience. I felt like my dreams were always a group goal. I worked in the call center in Hamilton NJ. I went to AAA with a goal to eventually get into the Insurance department. I went in for a Roadside Assistance RACC position. While in the interview I asked about the insurance department and was told applying for Membership MCC and working sales would be a good route into getting to the Insurance department. So I worked in membership as an occasional and I was promoted to a permanent part time then full time and then given a raise. At the end of the year I applied for and got the Insurance position and got it just like I had been hoping for so much. While in the membership department I found everyone was friendly and genuinely caring. The building was clean and had easily understandable computer systems. For a call center the desks were more spaced out then expected. The membership department and Insurance Department had about the same size desk except in the insurance department the cabinets caused the cubicle walls to be high up so it was difficult to socialize. Not to say that was a bad thing though because sometimes you really needed that to concentrate. The insurance department was the first time that I ever felt stressed working for AAA. However, the Insurance department definitely paid me well enough to compensate for the additional stress. I loved every person I worked with and for the most part I can honestly say I was treated fairly the entire time I worked there. This is a very organized and systematic company and I was not. Having ADD I would tend to be distracted allot and my supervisors all worked with me to make sure there was always a system for me to succeed and it was not difficult to succeed there you just need to keep applying for and asking about promotions and take advice from your management when it comes to your plan to reach your goals there. I would still be working for them if I hadn't moved.

PS: they have a Lyncs program which lets you IM anyone in the company and it's pretty cool.

Cons

It may be a call center job but if you are doing RACC or MCC (Roadside Assistance or Membership) then it can also be dangerous. I had some snow storms I had to drive in for that I ended up stuck in a ditch. I still got compensated a bit extra in my paycheck for driving in hazardous conditions but I still would have rather not. Also during holidays it is hard to get approved for PTO. There are strict adherence policies for break and aux times so you are going to be sitting in one place allot. Day shift was much more fast paced and sometimes a bit overwhelming during certain times but there was more opportunity to make sales on each call. Night shift was layed back because there were less calls but you will find yourself using PTO to leave early when things get slow. They will never make you use your PTO but if there is no one sitting next to you it will get boring enough that you will want to take them up on it. The Gym is nice but small and costs like $8 or $9 a month . If your Gym badge randomly stops working it takes nearly two weeks for it to get fixed and you still get charged for that time.

Advice to Management

I would say keep doing what your doing except there is one area to improve on in each department. In Membership I would recommend weekly sales meetings and the ability for an agent out of training to shadow other agents so they can adopt and share new sales strategies. It was nice to see everyone being so competitive and helpful to each other and I can tell everyone benefit a great deal from coaching some people learn by example. I'm one of those people and I was lucky to have such a great training and the ability to shadow so many of the Champions when I first started.

For the Insurance Department managers I would also say you guys were great. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure everyone has access to all of the passcodes needed to access each of the systems. The lack of being able to perform my job in its full capacity during the time I did not have access to my systems cost me money in opportunities lost and caused me great stress while trying to learn the systems during Ramp Up.

All in all though I love and miss all of you guys in MCC and Insurance and to any of my other friends from AAA who might be reading this.

American Automobile Association (AAA) Photos