American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com
Profile Unclaimed

Excellent Team Work and Atmosphere

Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Great Pay, Schedule and benefits

Cons

Working on call for weekend rotation

Stay Away! Toxic.

Former Employee - General Service Technician in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - General Service Technician in Manassas, VA

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

You get a paycheck and hour break.

Cons

I recently graduated from Lincoln College of Technology and had earned six ASE certifications. I am a retired veteran that was in a technical field working on diesel engines for 20 years. Even with that I was hired as a general service technician and paid $12 an hour. Before I started I was told by the manager I would be starting as a C technician at $18 an hour because a guy he was hiring took too long for the HR process. That didn't happen and I was lied to. My training was very limited or non existent and if it wasn't for the fact I went to school or worked at Sears Auto Center I would have been left completely in the dark. My manager consistently made degrading comments to me on a day to day basis. One Saturday morning we had a meeting and he accidentally gave me a coworkers auto count sheet for the previous week and told me to give it back to my coworker. He then said you only wish you were that efficient. The day before I decided to quit he asked me if I was going to make it. One time I did a an inspection a an SUV with 133,000 miles on it that had nothing wrong and he told me why I didn't find anything wrong with a vehicle with that amount of mileage. Well it was in good condition and needed nothing. I was working very long hours as well. My days were mostly 9:30 to 7pm. It was a rare occurance to leave at 7pm. One day I was there til 8pm. The day before I quit I worked 12 hours. They also scheduled me to work seven days straight and I asked if they could break the days because I was tired. They told me nothing. I was left in the dark. One Sunday I worked with two other techs and I had 5 oil changes waiting on my toolbox while doing an oil change with customers waiting. The other techs didn't help. The customers at this company are very impatient but they want all the free stuff that AAA offers but it takes time to complete properly. This was a toxic place to work and I am glad I left. I also had a coworker tell me if I was pissed off because I wasted my time going to school. When I first started I was told by the assistant manager that I would be told when I could take a break. Usually I wouldn't be told until 3pm or I usually had to ask while the rest of the staff went on break hours before.

Care about your people. You definately dropped the ball with me.

Ok place to work...

Current Employee - Member Services in South Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Member Services in South Houston, TX

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent insurance, pension, reasonable goals and overall easy place to work.

Cons

Lack of structure!!! Cheap company. Lack of advanced technology. Managers overloaded with conference calls & managing more than one branch that employees are poorly managed. Managers have no backbone. As a result, some employees are habitually late, slipping out of the office for personal errands when management is absent thereby leaving other employees to pick up the slack. Employees are poorly dressed for work and dress code is not enforced.

Please stand up to your upper management regarding the decline of employee moral due the a above mentioned Cons. Please stop OPENLY socializing with certain employees outside of work. This gives the appearence of favortism. Please do surprise visits when not expected in the office so that you can see who is abusing the system.Please be more consistant in awarding alternate weekends off. Employees have lives outside of work. Very unfair to ask employees to work 6 days a week without overtime. It is not fair to force employees to take a half day during the week in order to avoid paying overtime for the half day on Saturday. A half day at still requires the same energy preparing for work as well as postponing personal businessdue to lack of full day off. So it would behoove management to at least be more be more consistant in awarding alternate weekends off.

Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Direct Sales With Call Conversion and Cross Sales and Cold Calling in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Unlimited potential, Good location with multiple positions.

Cons

Change sales plan on monthly basis.Revolving door. No mentoring or coaching..
    L8fe work balance is almost nonexistent.

People want to make money and be treated like adults and fairly. Not your experiment for marketing. Women need to make same as men. We are single income families in many cases.

A good first job

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

The people were great to work with and had decent pay

Cons

A little tight on scheduling and vaction days

Great People. Old Company

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, benefits, vacation, flexibility and a great member driven approach to customer service. Love most of the people I work with.

Cons

Poor compensation, out of date technology, slow processes and tough dealing with an old brand and association driven politics.

Invest in training for managers and leaders. Get up to the times with technology and processes.

Direct Sales Agent

Former Employee - Direct Sales Agent in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Agent in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work enviroment
    decent pay
    Flexibility in schedule
    great opportunities to move around the company

Cons

They will hire just about anyone for management if they keep applying
    Employee moral is not a concern to management
    Disconnect between work force and between the levels of management

Stop promoting from within when the individuals are not competent to manage.

Claims Service Representative

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Coppell, TX

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, and culture. If you have the right manager, your workday is primarily based on the system that you create to make your day go smoothly. Most of the manager's are open and available, "I'm here if you need me", instead of constantly looking over your shoulder. All but one. The company gives a lot of free-bee's from vendors and company engagements. It is pretty much, work at your pace, which if you do not want to get behind (in claims), better not be a slow pace, you handled a lot of different cases all at once and there is minimal time for leisure. The pay isn't bad at all, especially for someone new/out of college, looking for entry-level, or a single parent looking for stability, etc. I really think the compensation is what keeps you there. I liked the involvement of the upper management as far as making you feel apart of a team or organization and actually noticing and acknowledging the effort that you put forth.

Cons

Initially, coming from training, your told that you will be slowly introduced into the claims process, which turned out not to be the case. After training, it went from 12 cases at time to 30, to 60, to 70 cases within a month or so. Therefore, a lot of the cases were being worked by trial and error because you are not allotted sufficient time to work or build upon the minimal training that you received. Work-life balance, initially we were told no weekends, then it went from 1 weekend every 5-6 weeks, to 1 weekend every 4 weeks, which also mean added expenses to those with children having to find additional daycare.

Less meetings, it really slows things down from the small amount of time that we have. Implement better training initially, find a consistent training program. Some, go to California to train for weeks, others stay in Texas and train for one week in a very vague learning process. There is so much miscommunication on some of the formalities and processes, I suggest overall consistency throughout the management team. Something needs to be done to get that one manager on the same page with everyone else; he has good intentions but can really put a damper on morale.

Was great to work for. But now changing.

Current Employee - Road Side Tech in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Road Side Tech in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time

Pros

Job itself is easy. Do your job you are left alone most of the time. Set shifts and over time if you want it.

Cons

The company seems to be going to all about the numbers. How many battery's you sell how man calls you run. The take the members word over yours every time so if a member said you messed up something no matter what it is they are going to tale the members side.

Go back to true member satisfaction. Nit making drivers run as fast as they can and not help the member 100%.

Slowly Failing Company

Former Employee - Travel Agent
    Former Employee - Travel Agent

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Hours 8-5.....that's the only pro possible.

Cons

Branch manager lacked skills and knowledge to lead team otherwise the branch numbers might have exceeded goals regularly. No marketing efforts to seek new clientele. Poor management overall. Failing industry and failing company.

Place trained managers over trained employees

American Automobile Association (AAA) Photos