American Automobile Association (AAA) Reviews

Reset

Property adjuster

Former Employee - Property Adjuster in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Property Adjuster in Southfield, MI

Pros

Management is involved and cares about you.

Cons

Not real flexible on your schedule.

Rewarding, knowledgable, and all around great place to work

Pros

There is lots of opportunity to grow in this company. You learn new things and staff is very friendly.

Cons

I don't have any cons at working for this job.

Insurance Professional

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Montgomery, IL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Montgomery, IL

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very good vacation time, opportunies for sales agent.

Cons

Too many mangement changes, no cross developement/training for lateral movement within the company.

The top is crushing the bottom...

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent Property &Amp; Casualty in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Medical benefits, 401K match, brand recognition.

Cons

I have never worked so hard for so little money... Overtime is expected, but don't expect to get paid for it! Worst initial training program, no advanced training, unconscionably dated dysfunctional software. Bullying management that only cares about your "production," don't bother to make any suggestions. You are expected to provide an exceptional service, but they only pay for sales and as a result get what they paid for.The brochure says how much they value employees, but in everything they do it shows how much they don't trust you and how disposable you are. Field sales is called a "team" but I would not call a bunch of sharks ready to kill each other over a petty sale anything of the kind. They say members come first, but they are not willing to deliver what members want. I do not know anyone who would like to have an insurance agent who is only willing to talk to them when they can sell something and send a client to 800 number for service, because due to unrealistic goals they cannot afford to provide service. You are reduced from being an Agent, to a policy pusher, but this is what the management thinks will bring the most profit!. Ugh, did those "leaders" thought this through? Would they themselves want this kind of treatment? And they wonder why so many members use AAA for roadside assistance only! The moment other companies duplicate it, AAA will be a triple history because they do not have the best price, best technology and most importantly, they are not willing to change!

Advice to Management

You say that you are building for the next 100 years, when in reality you are destroying what you have accomplished in previous century... Running the company like a Chinese sweatshop may bring you profits short term and will cost you everything in long term. Start treating employees with the respect they deserve and involve them in the key decisions! This is what true leaders in top companies do.

Good company

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Coppell, TX

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good, room for advancement if you're willing to work hard, promote from within, flexible hours and supportive management

Cons

Upper management tends to punish everyone for actions of a select few

Advice to Management

Address issues with specific employees instead of changing policy or procedure for everyone

Supervisor

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like the direction of company. The team is dedicated to creaing customer servce excellence. You can make a career here

Cons

Some positions need to be compensated at a higher level and provided a revised bonus structure

call center rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and helpful. The facility is safe and secure and you have to have a badge to enter departments. Cafeteria food was reasonable and very good.

Cons

Training was an absolute joke. I was singled out and was made fun of, my family member being insulted having served our country, and, I felt coerced to give out personal information. A gentleman I knew worked there for several years then got a similar job at Enterprise and was absolutely flabbergasted at how much better employees were treated at EPI. I completely understand now.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the stupid training and the trainer who has no respect for women and makes you feel threatened by his former profession

AAA - Mixed bag

Current Employee - Battery Service Technician in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Battery Service Technician in Concord, NH

Pros

*My bosses actually seem to appreciate what I do, which goes a long way *If you come to work, and try your best to do your job, you may not get a good yearly review from on high, but your bosses will still let you know they appreciate what you're doing *Direct management generally available to you, want you to keep communication open *Members often actually happy to see you *Decent benefits package *Training is pretty solid *Job can be fun once you get good at it

Cons

*Pay is pretty low for risking my neck up on the highway changing tires, towing wrecked cars, and being out in every sort of horrid weather imaginable *Very basic equipment most of the time. *Pay usually based on some sort of commission - fine when there's work, terrible when there isn't *You can run into very complicated or difficult situations at times, and there will be no one to assist you, except possibly with a word of advice *Shifts tend to be very open ended - breaks are few and far between, even during normal weather, dispatch will often disregard the fact that you need to take a break, use the bathroom, and grab a bite, in direct violation of state law - you have to fight with them to get what is rightfully yours - The supervisors treat you like a meat puppet. *Not really a lot of room to move up. You're going to continue being a grunt - if you don't mind that, good. *Upper management is incredibly old school, slow to change, and doesn't listen

Advice to Management

* Raise pay rates a bit, make it easier to earn bonuses, or just move over to a reasonable hourly rate system - this job can be tough and dangerous * Schedule drivers' breaks with dispatch so there are no questions about it - if driver A comes in at such and such a time, shut them down for break at such and such a time. This is one of my biggest gripes - state law provides me with a break period.

10. Probably good, but disappointing experience

Pros

Nice atmosphere and interesting interactions with members.

Cons

I had a disappointing experience and decided to leave. I hope it was a fluke. I felt as if my direct supervisor had some problem that was unusual and hopefully has been resolved.

Advice to Management

Ask employees about their experiences, particularly if something seems to have occurred that is unexpected.

Marketing Manager

Pros

Pros for working with Automobile Club of Southern California (AAA): - decent base pay - impressive bonus plan - good benefits - collaborative colleagues - decent work environment and access to tools so you can efficiently perform your job responsibilities

Cons

- lack of professional growth - too much hierarchy and bureaucracy that does not the employees to get their job done - lack of innovation - it is a membership association but the primary concern is on selling insurance and not on the program innovation and retention of members - if you work in the corporate office, there is lack of flexible work hours and no work/life balance

RSS Feed </> Embed