American Casino & Entertainment Properties

Frank V. Riolo

Best job ever.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kind of relaxed environment. Perks - free meal buffet style. Parking lot with roof - great during summer and rainy days. I'm treated as professional and not micromanaged by my boss. As employee we get discounts for rooms and restaurants including our friend and relatives. I feel like being protected by my boss whenever there are issues.

Cons

No 401k matching but at least there is one. No salary increase for many years. Other department's project managers tends to micromanaged my time. I don't see any career advancement.

Try to learn what micromanaging is and find alternatives to encourage people to work.

Good experience overall

Former Employee - Administrative Assistante in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistante in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good and friendly team and great benefits, from free lunch to medical benefits.
    Management has an open door policy and is very open to discussing ideas and opinions on how to improve things.
    Easy to move up the ladder if you work hard and prove yourself valuable to the company.

Cons

Lots of turnover. Hard to create solid relationships and trust when employees are rotating so often. Corporate offices is getting very limited in offices spaces. Very tight office environment.

Spend more time on training employees and employees retention programs. Rewards good employees with above average industry standard salary so they stay longer.

A team driven and growth oriented organization.

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties

Pros

Management supports open communication and promotion from within the company.

Cons

The company is physically located in neighborhood of above average crime, however the neighborhood is gradually transitioning in a positive direction due to new urban development in the immediate and surrounding areas.

One of the best medium sized companies to work for in Las Vegas.

Current Employee - Reservations Supervisor in North Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Reservations Supervisor in North Las Vegas, NV

Pros

The people. Everyone is always cheerful and very personable. They always greet you with a smile and they are sincerely invested in you.

Cons

No raises in the past 2 years even when the company is doing well.

Update certain back of the house areas and move everyone into an actual building.

Good company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Little things that make a big impact on day-to-day living. Like EDR where we get buffet meals every day and the covered parking. For me these are luxury as far as living in Vegas. We get all the benefits of regular employees, 401k, nice PTOs, and employee training benefits.

Cons

Managers doesn't know how to protect their people. They don't listen to their people enough.

Manager should get people skill training because that a huge deal when being an employee.

The worst experience of my adult life

Former Employee - Bellman in Laughlin, NV
    Former Employee - Bellman in Laughlin, NV

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties part-time (more than an year)

Pros

to meet people and get laid

Cons

working every weekend an unstable schedule

provide better opportunities for your part time workers

Good company, could pay more

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties

Pros

It's a good company that will listen to your ideas and actually execute them if they make sense, especially if they help with efficiency.

Cons

They stopped giving out raises and should actually open up more positions. Workload was kind of heavy, one position in ACEP could actually be 2-3 in other companies.

Spend more money to keep the good employees that are worth it around. The turnover is kind of high and newer people never seemed to be as good as their predecessors.

Entire Company Is Ran By An Atty With No Gaming Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Can't even think of one PRO.

Cons

Worst Day Off Package in the industry. No Holiday's off, even for non gaming or non needed on holidays employees. All other casino's in Las Vegas have holidays off with pay and they pay you holiday pay (double time) for hourly employees, if you work a holiday. At other casino's in Las Vegas the Salary employees in admin areas get holidays off automatically. At other casino's payroll, HR, finance, etc close on Christmas, Thanksgiving etc, not at ACEP companies, they make you work even though the mail and all other businesses are closed and all you are doing is twiddeling your thumbs all day. Their PTO package is stupid since you have to use your PTO days just to get a holiday off so you don't actually get any vacation time. Nobody in the company can make a decision unless the Attorney in charge approves it. But the atty in charge of the entire company has no idea about gaming she has construction experience only, so nothing ever gets approved except bizarre ideas that she comes up with. I would suggest that if you are looking to get into the Hotel/Casino business you stay away from this property. You will be much happier at any other property.

Get rid of the Atty who is running the entire company, even her own boss is scared of her.

Fair working enviroment.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Laughlin, NV
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Laughlin, NV

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits package and PTO/vacation days.

Cons

Average/below average payrates. No 401k matching.

Unfreeze yearly pay raises and reinstitute 401k matching

Rewarding

Former Employee - Intern in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Intern in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties

Pros

Professional executive management that cares about employees. They reward and provide opportunities to employees.

Cons

Many jobs require working in an environment where smoking is permitted, but that is unavoidable due to the industry