American Casino & Entertainment Properties

1. Great casino to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laughlin, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laughlin, NV

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties part-time

Pros

Awesome management really caring loved it while I was there but there is no rest in casino life and my kids were always in daycare and I just couldn't afford daycare anymore.

Cons

I was hired part time but was constantly working full-time hours I loved it at first but then daycare became to much.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate how caring and understanding they were.

2. Front Desk

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Laughlin, NV
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Laughlin, NV

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meals provided during shifts, Supervisors are understanding and supportive, Good atmosphere amongst employees

Cons

Everyone hired at part-time extra board makes it hard to to keep job. Pays below a living wage for most positions outside of management. Training was not sufficient, which makes job more stressful.

Advice to Management

LMS is a MASSIVE program, some good quality time should be spent on training and professional made training manuals would be a great help. Extra-board is a terrible way to encourage a new employee to stay with the company.

3. Moral and Pay is low

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with a great group of designers and get to do some really fun projects. But not enough conceptualizing just doing a lot of cookie cutter work.

Cons

poor pay with NO raises. Lack of communication from the management. Holidays are NOT guaranteed off. They will tell you that you that everyone in the office has to have all their work done before you can have the holiday off. Management is terrible.

Advice to Management

Get raises! Better communication with team, don't dangle holidays over our heads. Allow for more conceptualizing you would get more original ideas that allow the brands to stand out instead of oh look another casino ad boring!

5. Good Place to Get in the Casino Industry Door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time

Pros

Office jobs are cushy, colleagues are mostly friendly and professional, there is a great family-style atmosphere which is rare for such a large company, especially in the casino industry. Management here is an improvement over anywhere else I've worked.

Cons

Benefits are sub-par. There is no 401(k) match. The healthcare options are pretty basic & there is no vision or dental coverage provided by ACEP. The IT department is extremely bureaucratic so, if you need new software installed, it won't happen in a timely manner. Wages here are very stagnant - my starting pay was the same amount as the previous employee's starting pay when she started here 4 years ago. Raises & promotions do not happen often.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the corporate structure at your competitors such as Stations. Be more competitive with your pay & benefits and entice your workers with promotions rather than just transferring them to different departments without a pay increase. We are in Vegas, many ACEP employees will start to look for better opportunities with MGM, Caesars, etc. after they realize this company is not rewarding them with competitive salaries and advancement opportunities.

6. Reservation Training Supervisor

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time

Pros

Working with people & amazing team

Cons

Knowing how to deal with upset guest in a good way

Advice to Management

Amazing

7. Good job to get foot in the door for casinos

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time

Pros

Fun job. Great benefits for full timers like health benefits. Flexie with schedule

Cons

The weather conditions. Sometimes there is little to no shade out side and the winters can be brutal

8. Cafe Server

Current Employee - Cafe Server in Laughlin, NV
    Current Employee - Cafe Server in Laughlin, NV

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties part-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent tips at times during summer

Cons

go home early when slow.

Advice to Management

be fair

9. Absentee Leadership and no promotion opportunities.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay scales matched the industry standard. Overtime is almost never required of salaried employees.

Cons

Executive leadership utilizes the 'no news is good news' strategy. They frequently blow off meetings without notifying you they can't make it. The only time you get their full attention is when there is a problem and there is finger pointing involved. Overall it's a gloomy place to work, because there is no employee development programs and promotions/raises are a rarity. The CEO often makes offensive racial slurs that he believes are funny.

Advice to Management

Find ways to motivate and develop existing internal resources. Communicate with the staff on a regular basis to understand opportunities, as well as vulnerabilities. Consider implementing a teamwork strategy in appropriate departments.

10. Great Starting Job

Current Employee - Ground Crew in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Ground Crew in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment, opportunity to learn many skills such as handling money, customer service, and adapting to changes in work environment depending on how many reservations are in a day. Strong team spirit, consistent pay and hours.

Cons

Large distance between management and general employees, no room for upward movement, little chance for overtime hours. Store closes depending on weather.

Advice to Management

Consider allowing for some type of incentive for number of jumpers in a day, so employees will encourage more people to jump instead of trying to bring in as little people as possible.

11. Best job ever.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Kind of relaxed environment. Perks - free meal buffet style. Parking lot with roof - great during summer and rainy days. I'm treated as professional and not micromanaged by my boss. As employee we get discounts for rooms and restaurants including our friend and relatives. I feel like being protected by my boss whenever there are issues.

Cons

No 401k matching but at least there is one. No salary increase for many years. Other department's project managers tends to micromanaged my time. I don't see any career advancement.

Advice to Management

Try to learn what micromanaging is and find alternatives to encourage people to work.

RSS Feed </> Embed