American Casino & Entertainment Properties

Frank V. Riolo

Great Starting Job

Current Employee - Ground Crew in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Ground Crew in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment, opportunity to learn many skills such as handling money, customer service, and adapting to changes in work environment depending on how many reservations are in a day. Strong team spirit, consistent pay and hours.

Cons

Large distance between management and general employees, no room for upward movement, little chance for overtime hours. Store closes depending on weather.

Consider allowing for some type of incentive for number of jumpers in a day, so employees will encourage more people to jump instead of trying to bring in as little people as possible.

Absentee Leadership and no promotion opportunities.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay scales matched the industry standard. Overtime is almost never required of salaried employees.

Cons

Executive leadership utilizes the 'no news is good news' strategy. They frequently blow off meetings without notifying you they can't make it. The only time you get their full attention is when there is a problem and there is finger pointing involved. Overall it's a gloomy place to work, because there is no employee development programs and promotions/raises are a rarity. The CEO often makes offensive racial slurs that he believes are funny.

Find ways to motivate and develop existing internal resources. Communicate with the staff on a regular basis to understand opportunities, as well as vulnerabilities. Consider implementing a teamwork strategy in appropriate departments.

Cafe Server

Current Employee - Cafe Server in Laughlin, NV
    Current Employee - Cafe Server in Laughlin, NV

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties part-time (more than an year)

Pros

decent tips at times during summer

Cons

go home early when slow.

be fair

Best job ever.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Kind of relaxed environment. Perks - free meal buffet style. Parking lot with roof - great during summer and rainy days. I'm treated as professional and not micromanaged by my boss. As employee we get discounts for rooms and restaurants including our friend and relatives. I feel like being protected by my boss whenever there are issues.

Cons

No 401k matching but at least there is one. No salary increase for many years. Other department's project managers tends to micromanaged my time. I don't see any career advancement.

Try to learn what micromanaging is and find alternatives to encourage people to work.

Good experience overall

Former Employee - Administrative Assistante in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistante in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good and friendly team and great benefits, from free lunch to medical benefits.
    Management has an open door policy and is very open to discussing ideas and opinions on how to improve things.
    Easy to move up the ladder if you work hard and prove yourself valuable to the company.

Cons

Lots of turnover. Hard to create solid relationships and trust when employees are rotating so often. Corporate offices is getting very limited in offices spaces. Very tight office environment.

Spend more time on training employees and employees retention programs. Rewards good employees with above average industry standard salary so they stay longer.

A team driven and growth oriented organization.

I have been working at American Casino & Entertainment Properties

Pros

Management supports open communication and promotion from within the company.

Cons

The company is physically located in neighborhood of above average crime, however the neighborhood is gradually transitioning in a positive direction due to new urban development in the immediate and surrounding areas.

One of the best medium sized companies to work for in Las Vegas.

Current Employee - Reservations Supervisor in North Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Reservations Supervisor in North Las Vegas, NV

Pros

The people. Everyone is always cheerful and very personable. They always greet you with a smile and they are sincerely invested in you.

Cons

No raises in the past 2 years even when the company is doing well.

Update certain back of the house areas and move everyone into an actual building.

Good company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Little things that make a big impact on day-to-day living. Like EDR where we get buffet meals every day and the covered parking. For me these are luxury as far as living in Vegas. We get all the benefits of regular employees, 401k, nice PTOs, and employee training benefits.

Cons

Managers doesn't know how to protect their people. They don't listen to their people enough.

Manager should get people skill training because that a huge deal when being an employee.

The worst experience of my adult life

Former Employee - Bellman in Laughlin, NV
    Former Employee - Bellman in Laughlin, NV

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties part-time (more than an year)

Pros

to meet people and get laid

Cons

working every weekend an unstable schedule

provide better opportunities for your part time workers

Good company, could pay more

I worked at American Casino & Entertainment Properties

Pros

It's a good company that will listen to your ideas and actually execute them if they make sense, especially if they help with efficiency.

Cons

They stopped giving out raises and should actually open up more positions. Workload was kind of heavy, one position in ACEP could actually be 2-3 in other companies.

Spend more money to keep the good employees that are worth it around. The turnover is kind of high and newer people never seemed to be as good as their predecessors.