American College of Technology

American College of Technology Reviews

3.9

CEO

Great place to work.

Pros

Very friendly coworkers and flexible schedule. Working for the college has been a great opportunity. There is always room to grow and improve and become a valued member of the staff to help deliver quality curriculum and service.

Cons

While the schedule is pretty flexible, sometimes extra work is needed. Other than that, there are not any other major cons I can think of.

Poor management

Former Employee - Director  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Director in Saint Joseph, MO

Pros

Nice people, but the president of a college should at least have a doctorate degree.

Cons

Not open to suggestions. Upper management is secretive.

Listen to your staff.

Great Growing Comany to work for

Current Employee - Admissions  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Admissions in Saint Joseph, MO

Pros

smaller employee base, good area pay, good raise/promotion rate, free school to employees, starting 401k, and insurance benefits after a year of employment.

Cons

Small growing companies experience quick changes and growing pains. Takes all employees to work through these.

There is a "Chain of Command" but it is not well followed. It is you go talk to them, instead of taking charge. Again, just a pro/con of small growing company

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great flexibility with room for growth and improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

Pros

Good hours, management easy to work with, family orientated business with great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Pay a little below industry standards, Work/life balance needs to be better.

Continue to show that your employee's are valuable. You've done a great job improving this aspect as it was lacking before.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Student Success  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Student Success in Saint Joseph, MO

Pros

I feel like my boss respects me and values my work. My opinions matter and there's lots of potential for growth in the company. I have worked a few other jobs and in all the other locations I've been at i have always felt like a small piece in a big corporate puzzle but this is a family run business and here i feel like i make a difference.

Cons

This is a very fast moving company. If you don't enjoy a fast paced environment with lots of challenges and changes then this is not the place for you.

Keep doing what you are doing. The most important thing to an employee is to feel like they are valued and respected.

Instructor Review for American College of Technology

Current Employee - Instructor  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Instructor in Saint Joseph, MO

Pros

A good place to work if you like flexibility.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, not a lot of attention to detail by management, information and communication between management and staff is not that great at times.

Listen to the people who work for you, they are the ones making things "go". Those of you "in charge" would be lost without your support staff, you have proven it time and time again by firing on a whim without proper cause and losing your temper. It is time to just let professionalism take its course and understand the people who are experts in their degree areas can run their classrooms, please, pay us more and give us due credit.

Worked for American College of Technology? Contribute to the Community!