American Customer Care

Updated December 7, 2014
Updated December 7, 2014
3.4

Mark Facey

One of the best IT departments i ever worked for!

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Bristol, CT
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Bristol, CT

I have been working at American Customer Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Management with an excellent IT staff. Everyone is willing to offer advice and assistance no matter the problem. Friendly laid back environment without the politics and games management will play in other companies. Just a great family feeling with management who is understanding and will listen to your concerns.

Cons

Too many slow stations in many of our calls centers, be prepare to spend a good deal of your time just waiting for a station to reboot.
    I personally feel that we have amazing IT staff that are not getting market value pay.
    You will be on a salary so overtime is out of the question.

Improve the morale in your office by offering your employees an incentive. A performance review with a pay rise or even a bonus in the holidays or even a holiday party would suffice. Employees should not feel like their in a cellphone contract and the only way to earn more is to leave or threaten to leave.

Decent job to learn sales skills - lucky to learn much about mortgages. Constant changes, no growth and months w/o pay.

Current Employee - Senior Transaction Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Transaction Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Customer Care part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at Amerifi (short DBA, one of many) for nearly 8 months contracted in the office daily from 2pm-9pm. At that time, before the many protocol and company changes, I had the choice of employment and chose the hourly W2 min. wage of $9 as an 'opener,' or telemarketer. One manager, formerly VP, conducts the training classes which are EXTREMELY awesome and useful - I learned from him the company's+lender's process but more so, most of the sales skills I use today. Quick and simple, but very solid, training with plethora of material like "suggested" daily schedules, training packets and the holy Script (all 6 or so revisions I've found useful).
    The environment is very positive and motivational due to the incredible floor manager. Birthdays and other important events are never forgotten and celebrated with catering, cake and decorations. The mixture of extremes in the management from motivational and helpful to not at all is both pro and con.
    This last note is only here so I feel I did my due diligence regarding one manager in specific: the main floor manager upholds 3-4 positions himself between IT/Computer-Tech to Team Manger to Floor Manager etc., but somehow finds the time to walk around offering help, advice and tips and is the ONLY superior I saw or heard motivate and affect positivity on the employees. That manager consistently showed value and care for every employee, offered his 7th helping-hand, made himself available for guidance or questions, put up quotes and such adding to the environment, took suggestions from me via emails I'd send with articles and such..., and we've actually become good friends because of that mutual respect. I hope more employees share that experience with me.

Cons

Entering the real-estate and mortgage industry at this company, I was ignorant to the unethical, immoral, and non-compliant many things being taught to me. I was expected to be actively dialing prospects with one 5-minute bathroom break each session at most otherwise be written up - after 3 write ups each quarter, which I got for everything from being 2 minutes late from break to verbally, out-loud discussing with coworkers how the leads we're calling are 6 months to 4 years old. The company I thought was different, but as veterans in the industry coined the term, it's a 'body shop' - they hire people, both 1003 independent contractors and W2 hourly workers, intending to get something profitable (one to two clients close a deal) from their work before the person quits. This job at best may be a supplemental income to a job that actually pays and values their employees, but don't expect to even make ends meet solely with this job.

Demonstrate that you value your employees as the 'Cornerstone' of the company through more interaction, verbal rewards for good work more often than the occasional $50 daily challenge, and a different, better pay-structure offering a viable living to be made focusing 100% on your company.
    I believe 80% of management lied to my face about how the company conducts business and the processing of clients' cases. The transparency of Amerifi is ZERO, meaning that when you tell clients/prospects "wouldn't you want to work with a transparent company," that same idea needs to apply to your employees. We didn't and don't still feel that the company is reliable, responsible and operates ethically, morally, honestly and truthfully. If your employees don't feel valued and backed by their company, compounded with constant restraints on possible business, how can you expect for people to invest their efforts towards sticking around and attempting to grow with you guys? I never felt Amerifi had my back, even though I've got a wife and 1 yr old son and it was known I put 150% into the job in & outside the office, and when I continued to work hard and pull my quota without being paid once for 3 months roughly...my employer should have backed me and offered an advance or something to keep me afloat.
    Those are some of the issues I've felt and many, many of the others that have come through your doors felt as well.

Terrible, abysmal, depressing

Current Employee - Agent/Cleaner
    Current Employee - Agent/Cleaner

I have been working at American Customer Care

Pros

A handful of nice people you'll meet and become friends with.

Cons

What isn't terrible. Bad management, too many supervisors, none communicate properly. Agents are cranky, pay is low, higher up management is awful. One is a psycho, the other 2 are just dumb as a rock and all are completely and ironically unaware of their low morale problems cause they're too busy micromanaging everyone's move. People feel if they breathe wrong, they'll get fired.

Hand the company over to someone who can run a successful business.

Good for experience...until you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at American Customer Care full-time

Pros

multiple locations which led opportunities if you are put in the right position.
    big-name clients

Cons

HR dept is antiquated.
    Operations closed-minded
    pay/incentives/perks decreased over time
    quality employees decline...massive exodus of workforce

Intern: Great working environment, much room for advancement

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst/Software Developer in Bristol, CT
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst/Software Developer in Bristol, CT

I worked at American Customer Care as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone treats you as an equal even as an intern and are always open to help each other with advice. Everyone is friendly and great to be around all day every day. Flexible with hours when traffic is involved, and the IT support team is helpful to everyone on the nation-wide network.

Cons

Company still uses Windows XP machines for their call centers, making the process of working on a stations much slower to work on and troubleshoot. Testing installations take hours because of slow performance.

The company just needs to find a way to afford to push out newer machines to the call centers to avoid problems for all departments of the company.

Great training, easy work, lots of support from management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at American Customer Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good support from management and room to grow. Would have enjoyed training one day for the Wine Company we contracted with.

Cons

Pay rate was the issue. Otherwise I would have stuck around and moved my way up.

great

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montoursville, PA

I worked at American Customer Care part-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice people, easy systems to use

Cons

didn't like initial manager, but they moved and everything was great

none

decent pay but somewhat invasive as goes with this type of business

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montoursville, PA

I worked at American Customer Care part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent wage compared to other entry level places around here. Not too demanding, if you tried to better yourself they would keep you. Got to move around to different projects sometimes.

Cons

Invasive calling techniques which included reading paragraphs of information or asking long questions that wasted peoples' time. We were taught to convince people to buy things even when they clearly didn't want them and got upset. The strategy for some of the products was to get their credit card on a low introductory price then keep a larger recurring price on them until they canceled it, which I was told was hard to do.

A good stepping stone, but not a good place to stay.

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at American Customer Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work experience as a call center agent, will hire you regardless of your resume and work experience, fun and friendly support staff such as IT and admin.

Cons

Very low opportunity for advancement, strong lack of supervisor and management support, poor hiring practices, very low pay compared to similar positions with other companies.

Remember where you started and treat your employees how you wanted to be treated at that point in your career, if you blame your management team for the company consistently losing money you should support them in fixing the problem instead of expecting them to "just know".

Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montoursville, PA

I worked at American Customer Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting to talk to different people everyday

Cons

dealing with irate people all day

give employees better pay for what they have to deal with