American Customer Care

Mark Facey

1. Great team, Respectable Bosses, and flexibility - IT

Former Employee - Network Administrative in Dubuque, IA
    Former Employee - Network Administrative in Dubuque, IA

I worked at American Customer Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive team, flexibility, learning new things, respectable bosses, friendly coworkers

Cons

Some older equipment, sometimes higher up bypasses change management processes, nothing major

Advice to Management

I loved my team and had tons of respect for management around me as well as my bosses. Again, this will be different than what agents see as I was part of the IT team. But I made some great lifelong connections at ACC and very much enjoyed my time there. I would have stayed much longer if life's obstacles had not gotten in the way.

2. Agent

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative 2006-2008 in Dubuque, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative 2006-2008 in Dubuque, IA

I worked at American Customer Care

Pros

Was none at the time

Cons

Loved the company and the staff some of the program's stunk Time life especially! Quill and 1800 flowers was my fav after almost 2 years until a manager was very rude and disrespectful to the point me and another manager walked out.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and value and they will be happy!

3. I'm ashamed & discussed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Customer Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The agents is the only pro - it's the people the meet.

Cons

The pay on all levels.
    The management is laughable - terribly inadequate
    HR - does nothing to help the agents with complaints
    Nepotism - is rampant! It's not what you know it's who your related to
    Harassment - of all kinds! The supervisors are having sex with agents which leads to
    Favoritism - again not what you know but who you know

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the agents. You learn more from the lowest level of the business

5. Extremely poor management.

Current Employee - Uniden Tech Support in Platteville, WI
    Current Employee - Uniden Tech Support in Platteville, WI

I have been working at American Customer Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is the opportunity to learn more about the department you are in as long as you are ready to find the information yourself and willing to use your personal time to better educate yourself.

Cons

Immature management, to much favoritism between supervisor's and staff. Don't expect to be able to go to HR with complaints about the favoritism, or immature supervisor due to the fact that they will be friends as well. Very controlling environment with to much drama.

Advice to Management

Get on the ball with keeping the supervisors in check all the way up. Remove the corruption and lying to customers from the supervisors as well. Eventually, the customer will find out.

6. Work here only if you need a quick job.

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Montoursville, PA
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Montoursville, PA

I worked at American Customer Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co workers you worked with.

Cons

The office management has always been a joke down at the location I worked for. On the first week on the floor I was pulled into the office 3 times. They called this "coaching" In reality it's a write up. Even though I was doing everything consistent due to what our daily reports said. I was being harassed for not being consistent enough. Their definition of consistent is more like you are not kissing enough.

When it comes to calling off you will be harassed and have your job threatened by management if you try to call off.

Also when you are trying to be a team player the management will insult you and not think twice about it. To the point they will say. We didn't hire you for customer service. (Even though the job was customer service related)

Just don't work here unless you are on anti-depressant. It's a mind numbing job. I'm so glad I was fired. Too bad their story didn't stick in court. ;)

Also how I got fired for not being "consistent" but my qa said otherwise. How they fired me was making me sign up a final write up. (Even though they gave me a final on the first week) Then the next day can me when I was getting ready to go to lunch.

Also don't mention relationships on the job. They will try to use your significant other against you as well.

Advice to Management

HQ really needs to get on the ball and look into the office politics and stop having ego trippers running the show.

Also it wasn't the first time I worked for this place. This was my 3rd run here. Pretty sad things will never change.

7. Decent job to learn sales skills - lucky to learn much about mortgages. Constant changes, no growth and months w/o pay.

Current Employee - Senior Transaction Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Transaction Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Customer Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Amerifi (short DBA, one of many) for nearly 8 months contracted in the office daily from 2pm-9pm. At that time, before the many protocol and company changes, I had the choice of employment and chose the hourly W2 min. wage of $9 as an 'opener,' or telemarketer. One manager, formerly VP, conducts the training classes which are EXTREMELY awesome and useful - I learned from him the company's+lender's process but more so, most of the sales skills I use today. Quick and simple, but very solid, training with plethora of material like "suggested" daily schedules, training packets and the holy Script (all 6 or so revisions I've found useful).
    The environment is very positive and motivational due to the incredible floor manager. Birthdays and other important events are never forgotten and celebrated with catering, cake and decorations. The mixture of extremes in the management from motivational and helpful to not at all is both pro and con.
    This last note is only here so I feel I did my due diligence regarding one manager in specific: the main floor manager upholds 3-4 positions himself between IT/Computer-Tech to Team Manger to Floor Manager etc., but somehow finds the time to walk around offering help, advice and tips and is the ONLY superior I saw or heard motivate and affect positivity on the employees. That manager consistently showed value and care for every employee, offered his 7th helping-hand, made himself available for guidance or questions, put up quotes and such adding to the environment, took suggestions from me via emails I'd send with articles and such..., and we've actually become good friends because of that mutual respect. I hope more employees share that experience with me.

Cons

Entering the real-estate and mortgage industry at this company, I was ignorant to the unethical, immoral, and non-compliant many things being taught to me. I was expected to be actively dialing prospects with one 5-minute bathroom break each session at most otherwise be written up - after 3 write ups each quarter, which I got for everything from being 2 minutes late from break to verbally, out-loud discussing with coworkers how the leads we're calling are 6 months to 4 years old. The company I thought was different, but as veterans in the industry coined the term, it's a 'body shop' - they hire people, both 1003 independent contractors and W2 hourly workers, intending to get something profitable (one to two clients close a deal) from their work before the person quits. This job at best may be a supplemental income to a job that actually pays and values their employees, but don't expect to even make ends meet solely with this job.

Advice to Management

Demonstrate that you value your employees as the 'Cornerstone' of the company through more interaction, verbal rewards for good work more often than the occasional $50 daily challenge, and a different, better pay-structure offering a viable living to be made focusing 100% on your company.
    I believe 80% of management lied to my face about how the company conducts business and the processing of clients' cases. The transparency of Amerifi is ZERO, meaning that when you tell clients/prospects "wouldn't you want to work with a transparent company," that same idea needs to apply to your employees. We didn't and don't still feel that the company is reliable, responsible and operates ethically, morally, honestly and truthfully. If your employees don't feel valued and backed by their company, compounded with constant restraints on possible business, how can you expect for people to invest their efforts towards sticking around and attempting to grow with you guys? I never felt Amerifi had my back, even though I've got a wife and 1 yr old son and it was known I put 150% into the job in & outside the office, and when I continued to work hard and pull my quota without being paid once for 3 months roughly...my employer should have backed me and offered an advance or something to keep me afloat.
    Those are some of the issues I've felt and many, many of the others that have come through your doors felt as well.

8. Terrible, abysmal, depressing

Current Employee - Agent/Cleaner
    Current Employee - Agent/Cleaner

I have been working at American Customer Care

Pros

A handful of nice people you'll meet and become friends with.

Cons

What isn't terrible. Bad management, too many supervisors, none communicate properly. Agents are cranky, pay is low, higher up management is awful. One is a psycho, the other 2 are just dumb as a rock and all are completely and ironically unaware of their low morale problems cause they're too busy micromanaging everyone's move. People feel if they breathe wrong, they'll get fired.

Advice to Management

Hand the company over to someone who can run a successful business.

9. Good for experience...until you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at American Customer Care full-time

Pros

multiple locations which led opportunities if you are put in the right position.
    big-name clients

Cons

HR dept is antiquated.
    Operations closed-minded
    pay/incentives/perks decreased over time
    quality employees decline...massive exodus of workforce

10. One of the best IT departments i ever worked for!

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Bristol, CT
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Bristol, CT

I have been working at American Customer Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Management with an excellent IT staff. Everyone is willing to offer advice and assistance no matter the problem. Friendly laid back environment without the politics and games management will play in other companies. Just a great family feeling with management who is understanding and will listen to your concerns.

Cons

Too many slow stations in many of our calls centers, be prepare to spend a good deal of your time just waiting for a station to reboot.
    I personally feel that we have amazing IT staff that are not getting market value pay.
    You will be on a salary so overtime is out of the question.

Advice to Management

Improve the morale in your office by offering your employees an incentive. A performance review with a pay rise or even a bonus in the holidays or even a holiday party would suffice. Employees should not feel like their in a cellphone contract and the only way to earn more is to leave or threaten to leave.

11. Great training, easy work, lots of support from management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at American Customer Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good support from management and room to grow. Would have enjoyed training one day for the Wine Company we contracted with.

Cons

Pay rate was the issue. Otherwise I would have stuck around and moved my way up.

RSS Feed </> Embed