American Cybersystems Reviews

2.6
Raj Sardana

1. Perfect job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at American Cybersystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TO get excellent of professional experience

Cons

TO get excellent of professional experience but with Low salary

2. Very difficult to get a raise...

I have been working at American Cybersystems

Pros

Good foot in the door to gain experience

Cons

No contact and don't care about employees

Learn what you can, then find another job in a year or so

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at American Cybersystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly payroll for internal staff

Cons

micro managed management, manager/supervisor is not motivating, CFO thinks that he owns the company and he thinks that he is always right. It is a toxic working environment and everyone in the headquarter office knows about this. When I submit my two-weeks notice, one of the director was supposed to talk me out but he wasn't. He congratulated me for finding a better working environment. Workplace harassment occurred multiple times during my tenure there. Beware of controller position that they are hiring for. The trend for the last two years was they only hire Controller to go through the annual audit and bank audit and if they think the person is not a good fit, they will fire them. They are firing people like crazy and the HR department seems have no power or authority to report all the toxic environment that the CFO created in the company to the owner. Or the owner doesn't really care about the environment, all he cares is how much money he gets at the end of the day. Internal staff and department are struggling to keep up with daily activities because there were no solid process and procedures in place and management will keep on blaming the staff if there is any mistake or error. They don't want to invest in the people they hire or technology. It is a large firm with a small firm mindset. Most of the task are done manually, so you will be dealing with high volume transactions with manual efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and you can kiss growth goodbye.

5. Worst experience and insulted from HR

Current Employee - Mobility Engineer
    Current Employee - Mobility Engineer

I have been working at American Cybersystems full-time

Pros

Was nice initially ,quick reply on email or call .

Cons

Once direct contact person left the company .whole month no one there to contact , account manager moved to another position n got automated reply with the person to contact . Then after that contact person saying I am not the right person to talk . I keep calling n keep leaving voicemails n emails . After 1 month I lost my patience and got mad over the email ..bingo right a way reply to my email n saying please control on sending nasty email . Thing is who made me to do that ?? Then account manager putting other person in cc and calling me arrogant . The worst experience ever . I can share whole email thread here .

Advice to Management

If someone leaving company make sure you contact the consults taken care by that person so no issue to find out who to talk .

PM1

Former Employee - Sales Engineer - Contractor Lead Solution Sales Engineer in Lyles, TN

I worked at American Cybersystems (Less than a year)

Pros

HR group very helpful and offer timely response.

Cons

Not much communications between employer and employee

Advice to Management

know your people

Do not work here. You will not have a career on a temp job.

I worked at American Cybersystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None really. Weekly pay. I can't say anything good. So I can say negative for pros and cons. No one is treated right, it's lots of politics,

Cons

People lie...all departments. So trust no one. Moral is really bad in the corporate office. No one cares about the employees. The owner of company does not know what is really going on. There are people in corp office that will cause the office to shut down.

Advice to Management

None. They know everything

AP specialist

Former Employee - AP Specialist in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - AP Specialist in Duluth, GA

I worked at American Cybersystems

Pros

Weekly paycheck, few trust worthy coworkers, flexible hours, overtime available

Cons

Zero training offered/required but berated by management when job duties were performed inaccurately. Back stabbing from supervisors where they take all credit for your work but place blame on you when something goes wrong. Inadequate communication is prevalent at Duluth, GA location. Offered me a full time position with LOW paying salary that I couldn't afford to accept to provide for my family. After agreeing to keep me on hourly, through my contracted staffing agency, they unknowingly breached their non compete contract by switching me to another staffing firm. Once the first staffing firm found out of the breach of contract, threatening a legal suit, I was told to fix it and the blamed me & asked "what is your loyalty to that company"!!! Never have I experienced such unprofessionalism in my life! Run! Stay away! This company is, for lack of better words, the BOTTOM of the barrel. They have now informed me I am not performing adequately even though they just offered me a full time position due to positive work ethics. There is no positive feedback from management, like I said, they take all the credit for good work.

Advice to Management

Own up to your OWN mistakes, train properly and INVEST in your employees. Achieving a loyal employee retention will pay off rather than constant turnover that is seen on a weekly and monthly basis! This company should be ashamed of the way they handle situations, run a so called "business", and treat the employees with more respect who are often worked like slaves.

I've had little to no contact with the company as they have a contract with Sprint to pay me.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at American Cybersystems

Pros

After a pretty bad onboarding experience, I would have to say the only pros to the job thereafter is that I have little to no contact with ACS.

Cons

Onboarding was a difficult experience, especially given I was already doing the job at Sprint but they changed payroll companies. I received threatening emails to provide documents and given 24-48 hours to do so or I would not be allowed to work. The whole experience was very nerve-wracking and unsettling.

Advice to Management

Don't send threatening emails to employees getting onboarded, especially when it's for a job they've already been doing for 2 years and it was a simple (yet amazingly complicated) transfer from one payroll to another.

Victim of corporate takeover

I worked at American Cybersystems

Pros

None whatsoever. Terrible in every way.

Cons

As a former internal employee of a company purchased by ACS, I can inform you that their own computer systems and methodologies border on the antiquated. They lie to employees and contractors. Some recruiters who voluntarily left described "unethical behavior" as one of their reasons for leaving. Another comment heard repeatedly is that they are basically a "meat grinder" for contractors and care nothing for them at all.

Advice to Management

Treat people like people, not chattel.

MECHANICAL ENGINEER

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at American Cybersystems

Pros

Always want stability for their contractors - Never late in payment

Cons

If there is any bridge in the contract, you have to take care of yourself - no support of any kind from the management

Advice to Management

There should be a meantime support from the management if there is any break in the contract by the client. Support your staff for a few weeks/months before you can get them another position since their contract was not over before the breakdown of the project.

RSS Feed </> Embed