American Dream Home Improvement

Updated February 26, 2015
2.7

CEO

1. Featured Review

Extremely Happy I made a switch to ADHI!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very large, fast growing national company, and industry leading company. Amazing opportunity to excel and grow as an individual, and earn a high income. You need to be vocal and express your desires and ambitions and the ADHI upper staff will work with you to help you excel. Good atmosphere, good vibes, some of the best people I have ever worked with!

Cons

A slight learning curve to the industry as well as systems and procedures that are used with ADHI. Especially if you do not have a background in the industry, it can be a little overwhelming, much like anything unfamiliar. However after you get past this learning curve its a breeze and very rewarding.

Challenge employees more directly and give specific goal sets. Possibly create some type of performance contest with incentives?

Here at ADHI you get what you put it. It is like America, you work hard you will be rewarded!

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement

Pros

At ADHI the sky is the limit, promotions are earned on merit and skill nothing else.

Cons

If your lazy it's not for you, all they ask is u do what u say your going to

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Insurance Claims Specialist in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Insurance Claims Specialist in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of promise during the interview. Over rated.

Cons

For starters I believe any business owner should act professional under any circumstance. However it is my understanding the owner of this company has screamed at his employee(s) over the phone harassing the employee, or former employee(s). If the business owner would like to have a conversation about his actions I would be more than happy to listen to his reasoning as to why a practice like this is acceptable. I am not trying to be funny in any way here. However I believe anyone (including myself) should be held accountable for bad business practices towards its employees and its customers. Regardless of what that particular employee (or former) did or didn't do, a business practice like this is NEVER acceptable under any circumstance.

The companies customer service aspects are supposedly 'inplace', however they are terribly implemented. Communication between ADHI and the homeowner is fragile at best. The companies motto is "Under promise and over deliver". Yet even the smallest promise can be dragged out with weeks of delays and miss communication. Customer service issues like a contracting crew backing into a homeowners garage are just the beginning of many issues created by ADHI that often take weeks and sometimes months to resolve. In the offices of ADHI any sense of urgency to solve customer service issues are often thrown out the window. I believe this is purposeful negligence on the part of ADHI. Often times than not materials are sitting in the homeowners driveway for weeks sometimes even months. The company does not have strict production planning and often times the homeowner can get seriously upset or often felt like ADHI ran away.

The company itself has a strong turnover rate with its employees, for both employees leaving and employees getting fired. This leads to the homeowner often times doubting their decision to let ADHI do work on their home. The homeowner can get confused about who he or she is dealing with when this happens. The treatment of its employee(s) is sad at best. ADHI often harasses its employees, both directly and indirectly. Employee concerns and complaints are never dealt with and are often swept under the rug. Sending emails to management about any employee complaint that the employee may have at the time often leads to this excuse:

"Read the employee handbook"

This is all fine for current employees. However the same response is often given to former employees.

"Read the employee handbook"

Now in the employee handbook it states "If this handbook is not returned to ADHI it will be considered theft in the eyes of ADHI". How is a former employee going to read an employee handbook assuming he or she returns it?

I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Treat employees better. Better implementation of customer service.

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement

Pros

Gave me nice shiny truck to drive around in. And even let me go to the Lake in it. Pay all tickets, even when it's your fault.

Cons

They are all CONS. Hopefully they pay me my commitions i deserved.

Hire some educated people besides your opperations manager. You really will need it in the future. Keep your boy's out of HotSHOTS

Worked there for a few years overseeing salesman

I worked at American Dream Home Improvement

Pros

Ummmm ... National company....paid training

Cons

Pyramid scheme designed to get new guys to work thier tail off in hopes of making all this money and in all reality they will make barely enough to live on and they rely on them quitting to keep their commission. Nothing is ever good enough and your check is always short. They advise everyone to make a claim weather there is damage or not.

Quit playing with peoples lives. If they are out there trying pay them according to the 40hr commitment you tell them you have and let them go if its not working out vs always trying to convince people to stay....emotional roller-coaster

American Dream Home Improvement Response

Oct 16, 2014Recruiting Director

Thank your fore your feedback, and we regret to hear of your parting with ADHI.

Prior to any employee signing on, our pay structure is clearly laid out in our employee handbook and explained to
    ... More

Deceptive compensation, commission and reimbursement compensation designed to pay you the least and pay you last !!

Former Employee - Claims Specialist/Damage Inspecter in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist/Damage Inspecter in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A shiny rental pickup truck that buns gas faster than you can make to put in it

Cons

New employees can never benefit from the sales they gain since you are the last to get paid for any commission which is based upon phony accounting and devious points system that just makes you a gopher of deals for senior sales staff. Avoid the place and and promises like the plague!!!

Pay your salesmen the money they are due , do not bait and switch employees into thinking they are going to get paid anything more than minimum or below minimum wage, wasting a persons time and REFUSING to PAY employees based upon their production is a sleazy and lousy thing to do . It will come back to haunt you!

American Dream Home Improvement Response

Oct 13, 2014Recruiting Director

Thank you for your review and feedback. We will greatly take this into consideration to apply and better our company and teams. With that being said, our claims specialist position may not suited for ... More

make a good commission

Current Employee - Salesman in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Salesman in Denver, CO

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (less than a year)

Pros

truck phone insurance uniform badge

Cons

cold calls homeowners gas guzzler company truck

nothin

Excellent!!!!!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, fun environment, awesome pay.

Cons

None yet and been here for 5 years

Thank you for the opportunity, its been a great ride and still going.

Happiest I have ever been in the industry!

Current Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great family environment. Rewarded for hard work and good ideas. Respect from your managers at all levels. Clear guidance on how to reach your personal, professional and financial goals while working at this company.

Cons

growing pains from time to time but always used as a springboard to get better!

Communication is key to a successful organization.

so far so good

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Aurora, CO

Pros

they gave me a 55000 truck to drive around and all of my bosses are awesome they are down to earth and i even tried to quit and they talked me into staying and even filled my gas tank.

Cons

The only thing i dont like is putting gas in the truck eats it like now ones business also some of the supervisors ride your even when its snowing outside they want you out there knocking on doors like that is crazy. also if they would help with gas money a little bit that would be awesome cuz putting 100 dollars a week in gas is killing my wallet. Also if they didnt ride us somuch to be out there amd get claims for them and realized that we arent there slaves would be pretty cool

as of now i have no complaints i had an issue with one of the supervisors and they gave me a new one and he is cool also if it is snowing or raining outside i dont see a point to be out there knocking on doors no one wants to open the door and let all that cold air in there homes

American Dream Home Improvement Photos