American Eagle Federal Credit Union

Updated May 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Corporate Values Really Do Exist

ProsForward thinking, small enough to be warm and friendly, big on technology, solid management

ConsLimited opportunities for development, long term staff has entitlement mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementCrack down on negative long term employees, and hold them accountable for their behavior.

It was a interesting experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are great, they really know how to take care of their employees.
    Frequent bonuses and raises.
    There is room for growth

ConsNot every branch is the same.
    Rules are enforced but doesn't apply to everyone, some people get special privileges.
    Part time schedule is not flexible at all

Advice to Senior ManagementRules and policies should be the same across the board.

I was able to start at the bottom and move through positions working my way up the ladder with hard work and dedication.

Lending (Current Employee) East Hartford, CT

ProsThe credit union has a great leadership team that take care of their employees through education and benefits

ConsIt is a small company so you really need to be on top of your game to move into higher positions. There are only so many.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to pay high performing employees instead of making them equal with everyone else in the department. Not everyone deserves the same pay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AEFCU walks the walk.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) East Hartford, CT

ProsGood management team and leadership overall. CEO and EVPs put resources into making sure employees are considered when making decisions. Solid, strong and clear values are communicated throughout the organization.

ConsThey are growing into something more than they are today, and they need to make sure all areas are caught up. Some employees are still living the 'old credit union days'.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet the example for the behavior you want to see throughout the organization. Lead without micromanaging. And stop talking in circles, it is a waste of everyone's time. Do what you do, and do it well.

Working at American Eagle was a really good experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of autonomy to do job.
    Friendly co-workers who want you to succeed.
    Company aims to be progressive, so there's always lots going on.
    Great pay and good benefits package.
    Strong focus on community ties.
    Awesome training and great opportunities for growth at the lower levels of the company.

ConsIneffective management structure.
    Little to no opportunity for career growth at the higher levels of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay strategic and don't micromanage. It's demoralizing and unnecessary.

Worked for American Eagle Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!