100% of the CEO
I have been working at American Express full-time for more than 3 years
Pros – - Career opportunities world-wide
- At least trying to meet the average salary in the market
- Many employees staying 5-30 years with the company
- Trying to provide "work-life-balance" environment for the employees
- For a company with over 150 years of history, tens of thousand employees globally, executives and senior leadership try to keep the company young in terms of culture, etc.
Cons – - Few opportunities beyond director level
- In-fighting and politics, as much as expected for a large, global company
- Salary and benefits are not very competitive while meeting the market average
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
2012-08-25 11:01 PDT
I have been working at American Express
Pros – The people are great, at all levels. If you have a good idea then it will get picked up and used (or at least thought about). The hierarchical nature of the company is mainly around the structure for reporting. If you need to gain approval of a senior member of staff, or just want a chat, then they tend to have open doors.
Cons – It's a big company, so there can be quite a bit of bureaucracy. We are global, so there can be a lot of work outside of "normal" hours.
Advice to Senior Management – This is a difficult time for the company, and I think Senior Management are doing a good job in letting us know what is going on.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2009-01-25 13:35 PST
What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… — Full Overview
Provided by employer [?]
This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. The information provided is from their perspective.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –