American Express TRS

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kenneth Chenault

great place to work

Lead Project Manager, Technologies (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

Proslarge company with great benefits

Conswork with teams around the world and finding the time to meet

Advice to Senior Managementplanning

Amex Career

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

Proswork-life balance is good
    It is people friendly
    office culture
    benefits

Conspoor salary
    poor growth
    lack of career advancement

Advice to Senior Managementpromote from within
    promote higher education
    less self serving
    more involved

Great Company and Values

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery tenure Company with great values and clear objectives. Very professional employees.

ConsLack of work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a balance between Business Transformation and long term vision.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Waste of My Time

International Rate Specialist IATA III (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThe only pro about American Express is that they own the card and leverage it for marketing purposes and they are the biggest agency in the country who always hire

ConsWhere to begin? Poor pay to the point that one has to quit and return to get a raise. This company values its stock price far more than its employees. For a penny more in profit they will and have sacrificed their contributions to retirees health and financial welfare. This company has chosen a path that sees every employee as a thief who must me monitored closely instead of being an asset to the company

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to Ken Chennault is to look in the mirror! People - real people do the work for you! The stock price is more valued than your workforce. We were seen and treated as a detriment to profits! Commitment to work life balance my butt! This company scores well on good places for women to work because they skew the numbers on the travel side by only promoting women to leadership positions in order to keep costs down.

The Best job I've ever had.

Customer Care Professional/Service Recovery Unit (Former Employee)
    Plantation, FL

ProsI really loved the fact that they chose the best to represent their company. The earnings and growth at Amex is amazing. They really value their employees and offer so many perks for you just doing what you were hired to do. I really enjoyed my incentives and earnings. I love the fact that the ideas of others are heard and the CEO always takes time to come and talk to the employees. If I didn't have to move I would still be working there because it's one of the best places to work especially of you get bored and want to try another department. I've made life long friends there in my 9 years of working there.

ConsOnly thing that may be a bit challenging is ensuring that you adhere to your schedule because they are extremely strict on attendance. Depending on the situation they will review as a case by case basis. But of course many people don't understand that the company can lose business for every second to minutes someone is late. Also, I'm assuming now they are trying to hire more people with degrees.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though I no longer work at Amex, I cherish my time there. I appreciate all the efforts and programs invested in me, and pushing me too higher actions I didn't know I had. I've learned many skills there that I can use at any company. Thanks for always recognizing talent and not having favortism. I also appreciated the fact that the Managers and Supervisors had to talk calls as a requirement so that they can also have a feel of what the Reps deal with and also so they can connect with the Reps. Thanks again.

I had a very good experience with Amex

Administration (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsVery good work culture and climate.

ConsTo many Laying off within the company

Advice to Senior ManagementStop laying off people after working for the company for so many years.

Great Pay & Benefits

Manager, Account Development (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe salary and benefits are very good. As a manager you receive 4 weeks plus vacation. Many positions are remote - working from home.

ConsIf you're used to working a structured 40 hrs. per week, don't bother working for this company. Depending on the job the expectation is to work over 40 hrs./week.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that employees have a chance to keep work-life balance. Another suggestion is not to change job description from non-travel to 50% travel after several years and expecting the employee to switch into another position when they're unable to travel.

Worked for American Express Travel for over 10 years.

Corporate Travel Agent (Current Employee)

ProsSalary and benefits were amazing.

ConsJob security was an issue. Every year another round of layoffs would happen and you never safe enough even after the cuts had been made. Once the layoffs happened agents were expected to take on more than should be expected having to work 50-60 + hours for fear of being the next one to get displaced.

Great Company moving in a positive direction.

Project Manager - PMP (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsTruly value the employee and work-life balance. Company protects their brand very carefully. I work with many longterm or lifetime employees which says a lot!

ConsHard to get in the door from the outside. Company is silo'd even though the company is headed to being more collaborative and transparent. Lack of process documentation -- knowledge is in peoples head. More acronyms within the company than within the travel industry as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk more about collaboration philosophy so the concept of cross-influence is better understood.

Business Travel

ProsMany virtual work opportunities exisit in various departments and locations. This fits the lifestyle of many in the work force today.

ConsNot everyone seeks a virtual opportunity, and several offices have closed, limiting the options for working in an office environment.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for American Express TRS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express TRS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Express TRS CEO Kenneth Chenault. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by American Express TRS employees.