American Fidelity Assurance Company

1. Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Afa in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Afa in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work and grow. American Fidelity cares about our customers including our employer groups and customers as well as our employees. We truly care about how our employees can grow and improve in the future and be successful.

Cons

no cons for American fidelity

Advice to Management

continue to work on a united theme to help grow and be as successful as possible as we move into the future.

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Dec 8, 2014 – Talent Management Team

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing how we’re meeting our goals to be a great place to work.

Unbelievable potential

Current Employee - State Manager in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - State Manager in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I applied with American Fidelity based on the suggestion of a friend. When interviewing I was impressed with how thorough they were to ensure they were making the correct hiring decisions. Once I received the offer and started with American Fidelity I was quickly impressed with the opportunities for financial growth and the amazing colleagues I had a chance to work with. The training was in-depth, they seemed not only concerned with my ability to present their products - more importantly to correctly take care of the customer and maintain their reputation in the educational community. While interviewing I was a little surprised by their bold financial claims - during that first year I recognized that they were not exaggerating. I had the ability to be as successful as I wanted to be based on my ability to take care of the customer. 2 years into employment with American Fidelity I chose a leadership path. With their amazing growth the opportunities to advance have been readily available. I cannot believe I was so lucky to have a friend share this opportunity with me. Feel very blessed to be a part of this organization.

Cons

The position requires overnight travel, they were very upfront about that requirement in the interview process. It is important that a person is prepared for that reality prior to starting.

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Jun 25, 2015 – Talent Management Team

Glad to have you with us! Thank you for your feedback!

Finally Perfect Fit!

Current Employee - AFES Field Sales in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - AFES Field Sales in Columbus, OH

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company

Pros

In past careers, I loved the thrill and income potential of sales but hated the cold calling, unrealistic quotas, and the stinginess of management when it came to things I needed to sell. American Fidelity is literallly my dream career--salary, car, no cold-calling, made 100k my first full year and increased ever since. Anyone who likes educating the educators and who likes sales at all would be crazy not to beg for a position with American Fidelity!

Cons

Quite a bit of travel--especially the first year--but when you're making 100k+ it's easier to deal with!

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so generous with us! It makes us feel appreciated!

5. Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in New Albany, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New Albany, IN

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wow. Salary, car and great benefits. If you like helping people, don't mind to travel and want to make a great living this is the place for you.

Cons

As long as you are willing to travel I do not really see a down side.

6. Field Staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company! 401k match, pension, health benefits with an HSA deposit! This company truly cares, and wants to be here for my family, now and in the future! I love that I get to work with school employees everyday, and talk about products I can be passionate about and know that our company stands behind everyone of their policies! The income that I've been able to provide my family while working at American Fidelity surpasses what I ever could have imagined! The opportunities are endless here!

Cons

Travel. Although I am putting htis down as a "con", this comes with any high income producing position that you find, and the company is very upfront about the expectations for it.

Advice to Management

Great job in making sure that our customers always come first, and just doing the right thing by people!

7. Best place to work in Indiana!

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company

Pros

Unlimited potential, family oriented, company car and great benefits. The company is completely invested in me as an employee!

Cons

The only downside would be the amount of travel, but that was very clearly communicated to me early on, and the company covers all of my travel expenses.

Advice to Management

It's hard to imagine that things could get any better, but you continually amaze me. Keep doing what you are doing!

8. Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Athens, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Athens, OH

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time

Pros

American Fidelity has been wonderful to work for this past year. They truly keep all their promises that they made to me last year. Ohio has an amazing team of account managers that go out of their way to help you and they want you to be successful. They have 3 state managers and all 3 of them go out of their way to train and make me successful! Tons of growth opportunities, I am so happy I finally found a company I want to retire from!

Cons

Honestly, none right now. The first year has some travel but that was explained in interviews.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, what an amazing team you have here in Ohio!

9. American Fidelity is a great company!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Pros

Their benefits are excellent including a company car and all expenses. For a straight commission agent this place is heaven. No prospecting, great support from management and a long term employment relationship. One of very few companies still offering a pension plan. When you get older that is a very attractive benefit.

Cons

As with any company American Fideltiy has it's issues but all in all a solid company with a focus on the right things.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the customer and selling.

10. Amazing career opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Ashland, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Ashland, KY

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company

Pros

AFA provides great training. The support I Have from my team keeps me motivated . They provide me with resources to do job my well above expectations.

Cons

I have not experienced a con to date.

Advice to Management

Keep the staff meetings fun and informative.

11. AFA

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company

Pros

Benefits: Holiday Bonus, All Colleague Bonus, PPT, Jury Duty Pay, Paid Volunteer Time, On Site Gym and Cafe, New Building

Cons

Currently in a transitional period as we move from previous location to the new location.

RSS Feed </> Embed