American Financial Network Reviews

Jack Sherman

1. Sr. Processor

Former Employee - Production Manager in Pico Rivera, CA
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Pico Rivera, CA

Pros

Great People to Work with, Helpful with all questions about loan processing and production of mortgage loans, Management would step in and help put loans

Cons

To long of a drive from Fontana to Pico Rivera go to work not so bad but driving home was like being in a parking lot.. would love to work for American Financial Network but I could not drive any further then West Covina.

2. Loan Officer

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Financial Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good marketing materials. Can't think of anything else which is bad.

Cons

Weak pricing engine. Very little to no help on scenarios or underwriting questions. Way to much corporate juice in the rates. Poor to no Jumbo products. Warehouse line issues (now solved i think) couldn't fund a bunch of deals at the end of the month. Very conservative and methodical underwriting.

Advice to Management

Better lines of communication for loan Officers. Scenario and pricing desk should actually respond faster if at all. Several times no response.

American Financial Network Response

Jul 22, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback. It’s great to hear marketing exceeded your expectations and we’re continuously expanding our product offering and warehouse lines to give our loan officers more ... More

3. A family company with a great culture.

Pros

Good people who treat employees like family. Good compensation. Great support. Great Training.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. Looking for Virtual Loan Officers

Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at American Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Be your own Boss! Work from Home!

Cons

I have none to speak of.

6. AFN is a great place to work

Current Employee - Supervisor in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Campbell, CA

I have been working at American Financial Network full-time

Pros

Enjoyable, healthy work environment., great people to work with, from co workers to Sr. management.

Cons

I do not have any "Cons" to submit .

7. Loan Officer

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Cedar City, UT
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Cedar City, UT

I have been working at American Financial Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Autonomy; support, Encompass tech and marketing

Cons

Borderline TOO much marketing for some clients.

Advice to Management

Provide more horsepower to top producers; i.e. processing, assistants, clerks, better technology, etc.

8. Great Company

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Chino Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Chino Hills, CA

Pros

I love working at AFN. They are very organized and give great opportunity to their employees. I have worked at two other companies with similar business set up and I found AFN to be the best.

Cons

I don't have many cons for American Financial Network.

9. Great company to work for.

Pros

The company is doing very well and growing quickly. Corporate's role is to empower branches to run a successful business. They've hired plenty of great people and support staff to make this happen in the past year. The HR team is the most helpful I've ever worked with. They're quick to answer questions which is a stark contrast to my previous employers. For being such a large company, it still feels small and close-knit.

Cons

Growing so quickly, there will naturally be growing pains. Management has been quick to react though so the future looks bright. Also, benefits can be expensive and there's currently not a 401K match.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. As the company grows, focus on developing employee programs and benefits.

10. One Great Place to Work!

I have been working at American Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a BIG nationwide company, but is a family owned and operated business. You have the feel of being a part of the family. They are fair, and great to work with. They take care of their employee's. The Owners go around and see and talk to all the employee's frequently. The company has "young" feel to it. Great place for college grads to start and grow their careers!

Cons

Being a small family business that is growing into a large nationwide companym, there are some growing struggles. One would be working on retaining quality people.

Advice to Management

Let the employee's know what is going on with the company more. Employee's trive on information and being a part of the growth. Waiting to talk to employee's afterwards is too late.

11. Company shut down because of lack of production. I established multiple contacts while working at AFR in 2014

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Brandon, FL

I worked at American Financial Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Processing was located on premises. It allowed loan officers to take care of conditions very quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Wasn't able to close many loans because of breakdown in communication between all levels of management. Branch manager was extremely hard to rich on consistent basis.

American Financial Network Response

Feb 26, 2015 – VP of Marketing

I'm sorry but you must have the wrong company. The company is not shut down and is actually thriving.

RSS Feed </> Embed