American Freight Furniture

www.americanfreight.us

American Freight Furniture Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Steven Joel Belford

This is a great company to work for! I’ve been with them for 7 years and have no regrets!

Regional Manager (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsAmerican Freight offers a clear cut path for success. They teach you exactly how they want things done and pay you very well if you follow that path. The job is simple.

ConsYou have to start from the bottom and work your way up. There are no short cuts to management. As far as I know, American Freight only promotes from within, but if you prove yourself and stand out, you can move up the ranks quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing because it is obviously working.

Employee review

Salesman (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsA good thing about this job u can advance from with in very quick and the pay is great. Excellent tranning and a good working atmosphere and no stress.

ConsHot in the summer cold in the winter if u can over come that then your great

A great opportunity

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsAmerican freight gave me a chance to improve my family's lifestyle for the better. It has opened many doors and given me many opportunities.
    The best part of his job is being able to help people and interact. It's very rewarding to see the excitement from someone about their new furniture.

ConsLate nights, working holidays, no heat or A/C

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge and appreciate those that put in the grunt work and go above and beyond the minimum requirements

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Store Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe pay is great for not having a college degree . Adavancement opportu.ities if you prove yourself if you give to the company the company gives back .

ConsNo cons typical retail hours .

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Decent company if you understand furniture retail and understand a revolving door policy.

Regional Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsIf you advance to management you can make 80k plus annually. Sales about 25k to 35k a year. Always hiring and looking for someone to work 50 hours plus a week.

ConsThere is no stability, and there is no proper human recourse department to protect employees from discrimination.

Company attempts to provide a great value for the customer, but the follow through lacks terribly to the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet a proper guideline down and train your staff on how to properly treat customers, and employees. There is no room for prejudice or judgment on parties that participate with the company. Upper managment is also your worst enemy at times since you do promote so fast due to the high turn over rate.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I have been here seven years and have never felt that the company did not have my best interests at heart.

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsOpportunities for advancement are everywhere and it is easy to attain a six-figure job without a college degree. Everything is incentive based so the pay is higher than if you were to have a base salary.

ConsThe hours are long and there is not a lot of time off. It is a growing company and you may have to relocate to obtain the income level you would like.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a little bit of a communication problem between different levels of management and with different areas of the support staff but with the rate of growth this is to be expected.

I have had a great overall experience in the more than 5 years I have been employed at American Freight.

Manager (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsGreat learning experience, awesome pay scale, amazing ownership from the top down, ability to make as much money as possible. Willingness to develop individuals into team players.

ConsLong work hours, different working hours than your normal 9-5 Monday thru Friday. Warehouse weather

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing this fast paced company!!!

9 years now...

Office (Current Employee) Delaware, OH

ProsYou won't get a formal review, but I've seen hundreds of people get opportunities (that come with raises) quickly. Advancement is the highlight of American Freight. They don't care where you came from as long as you can get the job done. The Delaware, Ohio office is a great location between Columbus and Mansfield.
    The annual sales meeting is an awesome event. Can I give 6 stars for compensation?

ConsSometimes we get directions from higher ups and don't get the "why". But I guess that happens almost anywhere in corporate America. If we knew why a policy was in place we could address the root of a problem. Also Furniture flow can be a problem certain times of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interdepartmental contact and shared information.

Learning how to sell in a sometimes dysfunctional workplace.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsYour pay depended on how hard you worked. You could pretty much work when you wanted to and slack off when you wanted to.

ConsNo air conditioning in the warehouse which was located in Florida. Manager of store was unorganized and careless.

Quick advancement for hard workers

Sales Person (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and chances for advancement, the company is growing quickly so with many new stores opening, there are a lot of promotion opportunities. You pretty much choose how much money you make by working hard, but management is encouraging and ready to help. I've always had great coworkers and feel great about the products we sell.

ConsOpen all days during the week so we have to work on weekends.

Worked for American Freight Furniture? Contribute to the Community!