American Health Holding

1. RN remote case manager

Current Employee - RN CCM in New Albany, IN
    Current Employee - RN CCM in New Albany, IN

I have been working at American Health Holding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy, great work/home balance. Work from home. Able to use clinical judgement.

Cons

sedentary sitting all day, less social aspect of work when working from home.

Advice to Management

Continue to be wonderful support for us work at home RNs

2. Case Manager for Medicare clients

Former Employee - Nurse Case Manager in New Albany, OH
    Former Employee - Nurse Case Manager in New Albany, OH

I worked at American Health Holding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed telecommute work at home opportunity.

Cons

Lower salary than most. Had to work many nights til midnight in order to get work done.

Advice to Management

Respect for nurses should always be a priority.

3. A Pretty Good Place to Work

I worked at American Health Holding (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly, professional and caring atmosphere

Cons

Sedentary job that made it easy to gain weight

Advice to Management

GREAT CEO and Chairman

5. this is not an ethical company

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at American Health Holding full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

other case managers are a friendly group. benefits are provided by Aetna so they are not bad. those are the only positive things about this company

Cons

Salary is low, and the nurses working for the parent company Aetna make thousands more a year and have lower case loads and not working over 40 hours per week. Unrealistically high case loads, required billable hrs makes working long days a weekends necessary. No support from management, and the training provided is not even close to being comprehensive. The only focus of this company is the billable hours. They do not care about their employees and they certainly do not care about the patients

Advice to Management

when the billable was raised to 9 hours a day we were told it was temporary, that was long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen to the nurses and ask why morale is so low in your employees!

Case Manager

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Health Holding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

applications on-line, easy interview process by phone, working from home, benefits provided by Aetna

Cons

billable hrs. required unrealistic for a 40 hr work week, salary not high enough for the long work weeks over 50 hrs, case loads much higher then what recruiter stated, micromanaged by supervisors, focus is on billable hours not the patients, no time for family.

Advice to Management

Actually train you supervisors to lead with positive views instead of the constant negative harassment about billable hours. Make the salaries equal with what the nurses at Aetna make, there is a big difference that we are all now know about Reduce the case loads to let the nurses really take care of the patients like they should.

Not recommended, employees are very over worked and under appreciated

Former Employee - Clinical Care Manager
    Former Employee - Clinical Care Manager

I worked at American Health Holding (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for case managers who are looking for comprehensive type of care model

Cons

Not enough support for very heavy case loads which requires extremely long hours. The company hires you as exempt employee and expects you to carry unreasonably high case loads. Supervisors do not help when you ask

8. Customer service is key.

Current Employee - Case Manager in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Albany, NY

I have been working at American Health Holding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home, good work/life balance, supportive co-workers. No micro-managing.

Cons

Less than average compensations, mandatory billable hours, inaccurate reporting matrix's

Advice to Management

Look at employment advancement opportunities.

9. Work from home Clinical Care Manager RN

Current Employee - RN Clinical Care Manager From Home in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - RN Clinical Care Manager From Home in New Albany, OH

I have been working at American Health Holding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility to work from home- very supportive staff and supervisors. Excellent orientation- ongoing support and web based education and training. Very positive upper management staff who really think outside the box. I love this job!

Cons

Pay scale is not consistent among RNs with same experience and certifications.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the staff as you have always done, Consider a financial incentive for RNs who consistently exceed billing requirements .... Many go the extra mile for our customers- give a bonus for a WOW reward, or a quality score above 87% etc, since we are salaried, an extra bonus would be a wonderful treat!!

10. Having trouble getting others to realize what a great company this is.

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at American Health Holding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home is so rewarding. You can truly have it all if you work for this company

Cons

I really don't think there are very many cons to working for this company is awesome. However it seems like we should put our company information out there so others can realize what a great team we are and want to join our team.

Advice to Management

Publish salaries to show our competitive salaries

Don't expect to go anywhere-from a call center intake

Current Employee - Inbound Queue Associate in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Inbound Queue Associate in New Albany, OH

I have been working at American Health Holding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you don't put in any extra effort, you will likely have downtime to study, read, or do other productive things. The starting pay is decent and since Aetna acquired us, the benefits are great.

Cons

Even if you go above and beyond you will NOT be rewarded or promoted and once they see you are intelligent, they just keep piling more work and responsibility on with no pay increase or even pats on the back. Trying to move to another department is also impossible.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees. Almost all upper management for the call center is out of state and it shows in your management style and the morale of the intakes. Everyone wants to leave as soon as they find out the Aetna reps in the same building doing the same job are making three dollars an hour more than you.

RSS Feed </> Embed