American Health Holding

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul Lavin

Manager role (Didn't manage employess, though)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Health Holding full-time for more than a year

ProsVery nice co-workers and management team.

ConsSince they are now owned by Aetna, I suspect there will be lay-offs in the near future. They also won't pay you based on your experieince. I was making $12,000 LESS than what i should have been making, based on my skills and experience. Their salaries are VERY low for the market and industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities to allow for advancement.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Don't expect to go anywhere-from a call center intake

Inbound Queue Associate (Current Employee)
New Albany, OH

I have been working at American Health Holding full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you don't put in any extra effort, you will likely have downtime to study, read, or do other productive things. The starting pay is decent and since Aetna acquired us, the benefits are great.

ConsEven if you go above and beyond you will NOT be rewarded or promoted and once they see you are intelligent, they just keep piling more work and responsibility on with no pay increase or even pats on the back. Trying to move to another department is also impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees. Almost all upper management for the call center is out of state and it shows in your management style and the morale of the intakes. Everyone wants to leave as soon as they find out the Aetna reps in the same building doing the same job are making three dollars an hour more than you.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Most employees feel as though they are taken advantage of

Anonymous (Current Employee)
New Albany, OH

I have been working at American Health Holding full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company is through Aetna so there is good benefits. You get a raise every year. The other intakes are kind and you grow a friendly bond. It would be great for a student working part time, or someone who plans to change jobs at some point.

ConsWhen you fill out the application you are under the impression that you are being hired on at Aetna. When they call you back for your second interview they then tell you that there is a different position open with less pay do you still want the job. When you agree to the job you are still under the impression you will be working for Aetna. ( I know Aetna is a large well known company that people are proud to work for) once you start you are told that you work for American Health Holding but Aetna pays you. You start with nothing! No office supplies or anything, you are told you will have everything given to you at your desk. The supplies never come. You have to wait around most of the time for pens or paper to be stocked or just bring your own supplies from home. When you ask for something to be ordered you are told that the CEO is cheap and has never supplied the office, or my all time favort "we don't ask Aetna for too much because we don't want to seem needy, if we don't ask for much and do what we are suppose to do they stay off our back. Everyone at this company would love to be working for Aetna but that just isn't the case. There is no where to go in this company, they want you to stay at the same position you are with no pay raise. If they can get away with having you do more for your cheap pay then watch out because you will be taken advantage of. There is no room to grow in this company so don't take it if your looking for something for the long run. Everyone in this company whispers and never tells the reps what is going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some real management that live on sight. A company can not be ran with all the managers living out of the state. When you look at the supervisors, look into the amount of days they miss, the many times that they are all gone at the same time with no one to turn to when something needs taken care of. Look at the supervisors and ask yourself what they do all day for that supervisor pay. The lines can be ringing off the hook and they are not on the lines. They can leave for the day with no marks agist them because they have no one above them to watch. You might want to retrain your supervisors because the same question could be asked to each supervisor and they all have a different answer. They have no ideal what is going on in the company and they can not do the simple job of the intake rep so how are they running a business. Your employees are leaving because you treat them all very bad. Ask them how many apps they put in weekly. The pay is not good you give everyone the same raise no matter how much they do, you take advantage of every employee, you don't even supply your employees with the correct materials to work, there is no one to go to in this company when you have a problem because all the supervisors talk and before you know it the entire office knows what your complaint is. To make a company run great you need great employees to have those great employees you have to treat them like they mater and what they do matters. Without your employees try to run your company because I can garentee your supervisors couldn't do it, I don't believe they even know how to start a case let alone close one. Or maybe you can hire more people that will only want out at some time as well. I could go on for ever but I'll stop at this. Good luck!

A valid work from home job.

RN Case Manager (Current Employee)
Worthington, OH

I have been working at American Health Holding

Prostelecommuting, flexible, challenging, critical thinking, computer skills, case manager, RN

Conscommunication is difficult between staff and managemt

Advice to Senior ManagementMake efforts to communicate

Worked for American Health Holding? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Health Holding reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Health Holding CEO Paul Lavin. All reviews posted anonymously by American Health Holding employees.