American Hearing Aid Associates

Vince Russomagno

AHAA - ??????????

Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company attempts to foster employee development. They invest time in employee learning.

Cons

Very quick to make judgments on employees, especially newly hired ones. Always to the negative. They claim the processes improvements will lead to more "unit sales". Reality? Just like any sales flow, more leads (marketing), basic sales training, equals growth.

Recognize what the game is. Recommend marketing and sales training. "Why" has nothing to do with it.

Improving Somewhat

Former Employee - "manager" in Chadds Ford, PA
    Former Employee - "manager" in Chadds Ford, PA

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people in the Home Office do good things and care about the customers and staff. Their work is under-appreciated.

Cons

The field reps are hit or miss. Some get it, others, not so much. CEO is bright, and knows how to get things done. President is smart too, focus is on tasks though, not the big picture.

Cut the long-term dead wood. Not everyone deserves to be kept around just because they managed to make it through the last 15 years.

Brutal place to work

Former Employee - Regional Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in New York, NY

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits, which is how they get people to work there and stay there.

Cons

Very toxic and bullying atmosphere....very few people make it a year

I don't think they would listen.....

Total Bait & Switch

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellmore, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellmore, NY

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employees are very pleasant to work with, and aside from decent pay, that is as far as the "pros" can go with this corporation.

Cons

After being hired under the pretenses that my position would entail marketing, as applied for, I found that this position was strictly sales pushing. After asking for the proper training to advance my role there, I received none.

Be upfront and honest with your future employees. Work to better the relationships between the medical professionals, office personnel and telemarketers, as this was a constant issue to hear about one department whining about another. Also, I suggest your truly focus on the "why".

AHAA in my rearview Mirror

Former Employee - Associate Manager
    Former Employee - Associate Manager

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good base. Good medical benefits. Great business model.

Cons

Inconsistent commission, toxic work environment. 90% turn-over in field. 100% turn-over of field managers. 9 or 10 Sales VP's in 11 years. 6 or 7 sales training directors too.

Resign. President and CEO should have been turned long ago. They think they can do every employees job better than them. Its good to change out senior leaders every 5 yrs or so and that is what AHAA needs right now. Needs new leaders that can provide strategic leadership and not inconsistent/ever changing tactical directives, constant meddling and micro-management with no chain of command that cuts the knees out of the managers. You have some good reps and good managers; let them do their job.

High level sales and consulting position

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Chadds Ford, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Chadds Ford, PA

I have been working at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits and perks

Cons

Little work-life balance for field sales employees

encourage and support your employees

Lost Our Mojo

Current Employee - Manager/Director in Chadds Ford, PA
    Current Employee - Manager/Director in Chadds Ford, PA

Pros

Wonderful, hard working people on staff. Committed and honest. Focused on customer service, high quality, and teamwork.

Cons

CEO is a visionary, but disconnected from the organization. President and Sales VP are "lost" but don't know it -- or can't admit it. Either way they need to step aside and let capable managers drive the strategic direction.

Stop the turnover. 90% of the staff has less than 3 years in service, and most don't last a year.

Do not take a job here

Former Employee - Associate Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Associate Sales Manager

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates

Pros

AHAA offered a decent base salary and a reasonable car allowance. It previously had attracted high caliber employees, many from United States Service Academies.

Cons

Inept new senior management which has gutted the organization. No communication with employees. Lack of understanding of the target market. Constantly changing focus. Lack of direction.

New leadership is needed. Learn your target markets. Be realistic. Learn how to communicate down the line. Try treating people with respect.