American Hearing Aid Associates

Add Photos

Vince Russomagno

AHAA - ??????????

Sales (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe company attempts to foster employee development. They invest time in employee learning.

ConsVery quick to make judgments on employees, especially newly hired ones. Always to the negative. They claim the processes improvements will lead to more "unit sales". Reality? Just like any sales flow, more leads (marketing), basic sales training, equals growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize what the game is. Recommend marketing and sales training. "Why" has nothing to do with it.

Improving Somewhat

"manager" (Former Employee) Chadds Ford, PA

ProsThe people in the Home Office do good things and care about the customers and staff. Their work is under-appreciated.

ConsThe field reps are hit or miss. Some get it, others, not so much. CEO is bright, and knows how to get things done. President is smart too, focus is on tasks though, not the big picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the long-term dead wood. Not everyone deserves to be kept around just because they managed to make it through the last 15 years.

Brutal place to work

Regional Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsExcellent pay and benefits, which is how they get people to work there and stay there.

ConsVery toxic and bullying atmosphere....very few people make it a year

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think they would listen.....

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Total Bait & Switch

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bellmore, NY

ProsThe employees are very pleasant to work with, and aside from decent pay, that is as far as the "pros" can go with this corporation.

ConsAfter being hired under the pretenses that my position would entail marketing, as applied for, I found that this position was strictly sales pushing. After asking for the proper training to advance my role there, I received none.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront and honest with your future employees. Work to better the relationships between the medical professionals, office personnel and telemarketers, as this was a constant issue to hear about one department whining about another. Also, I suggest your truly focus on the "why".

AHAA in my rearview Mirror

Associate Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood base. Good medical benefits. Great business model.

ConsInconsistent commission, toxic work environment. 90% turn-over in field. 100% turn-over of field managers. 9 or 10 Sales VP's in 11 years. 6 or 7 sales training directors too.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign. President and CEO should have been turned long ago. They think they can do every employees job better than them. Its good to change out senior leaders every 5 yrs or so and that is what AHAA needs right now. Needs new leaders that can provide strategic leadership and not inconsistent/ever changing tactical directives, constant meddling and micro-management with no chain of command that cuts the knees out of the managers. You have some good reps and good managers; let them do their job.

High level sales and consulting position

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Chadds Ford, PA

ProsExcellent pay, benefits and perks

ConsLittle work-life balance for field sales employees

Advice to Senior Managementencourage and support your employees

Lost Our Mojo

Manager/Director (Current Employee) Chadds Ford, PA

ProsWonderful, hard working people on staff. Committed and honest. Focused on customer service, high quality, and teamwork.

ConsCEO is a visionary, but disconnected from the organization. President and Sales VP are "lost" but don't know it -- or can't admit it. Either way they need to step aside and let capable managers drive the strategic direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the turnover. 90% of the staff has less than 3 years in service, and most don't last a year.

Do not take a job here

Associate Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAHAA offered a decent base salary and a reasonable car allowance. It previously had attracted high caliber employees, many from United States Service Academies.

ConsInept new senior management which has gutted the organization. No communication with employees. Lack of understanding of the target market. Constantly changing focus. Lack of direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew leadership is needed. Learn your target markets. Be realistic. Learn how to communicate down the line. Try treating people with respect.

Worked for American Hearing Aid Associates? Contribute to the Community!