American Heritage Properties

Not yet rated.

Bill Ausen

Opportunities in time

Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsAmerican Heritage is a "family" type business. We pride ourselves in service to our clients and fairness to our team. We typically only promote from within which gives entry level employees the opportunity to move up in the organization. While there are opportunities, they do not come up daily. Considering all employees, including management, the average length of employment is over 10 years. Hard work definitely pays off when the opportunities arise. For employees we pay medical, dental, vision, and have a 401K with 25% matching. We are very accommodating to our employee needs. We treat our team as a family. While it is not perfect, we feel it is pretty good.

ConsProperty management is not for everyone, just like most jobs. If you do not move from the Leasing Representative position to a property manager position then you will be working in the same department every day, answering phones, describing properties, setting appointments, and showing properties. We have a few Leasing Reps that have been with us over 10 years. While it is not for everyone, it is a stable job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am one of the four owners of American Heritage and wanted to offer this feedback since I didn't see a feedback button. The job and opportunities are definitely what you make of them.
    I'm always open to feedback. Bill Ausen, American Heritage Properties

Very monotonous work

Leasing Representative (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFlexible schedule; Very nice community of people to work with; Enjoyed work outings and team bonding; Very small 'family business'

ConsThe work honestly got very montonous and boring in the day-to-day. I would practically almost fall asleep sitting there waiting for a phone to ring.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt'd be a lot more helpful to train the leasing representatives on higher up information so we could actually handle those matters

Worked for American Heritage Properties? Contribute to the Community!