American HomePatient

Joseph F. Furlong III

Great Place To Work

Former Employee - Medicaid Collector in Valdosta, GA
    Former Employee - Medicaid Collector in Valdosta, GA

I worked at American HomePatient full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice and professional place to work, great pay and benefits, vacation time, I loved working there. The supervisors are great and very helpful. Great bonuses, I had a lot of fun working there, holidays we always had an office parties. The owners are wonderful christian people and are very fair. I miss them

Cons

Sitting in a cubby all day long rally took a toll on me, I'm a high energy type of person so it was hard for me to sit there all day. Even though you get 2 breaks, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon (which helped a lot) still was just too much sitting for me.

Keep up the good work

Lacking patient care and continuity- Very disappointing

Current Employee - Sleep Support Center Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sleep Support Center Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at American HomePatient full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Those who excel can learn healthcare management experience to use to further their career in a more effectively ran company.

Cons

Patient care is not the number one focus as it should be. It's all about numbers, numbers, numbers. Trust level through all levels of the company is nonexistent. Being at the sleep support center in Nashville is a joke. Constant petty thefts and total lack of continuity make for a dismal outlook for this company. Totally unprofessional coworkers and management that does nothing to prevent or correct. Morale across all departments is low, and is rare to see a person smiling. Unrealistic sales "goals" and being penalized financially for taking vacation days makes it hard to want to stay employed by AHOM. Low performing employees impact the financial success of high performers negatively through an unfair "team based bonus". Employees feel like just a number, and that they are insignificant in the overall scheme of things. Turnover is high, and will ultimately lead to the failure of this company if nothing is corrected.

Get rid of the low performers, and make an incentive for the good employees to stay. Better health/dental insurance. Hire an HR liaison that is up to date on current times and is more efficient. Proper training across both SSC locations.

A joke unless you're upper management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at American HomePatient full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's only slightly better than being unemployed.

Cons

No organization, terrible OS, zero raises, absolutely no chance for advancement, a monkey on a keyword has a higher IQ than the majority of the sales reps, management that come in noticeably drunk, the new ceo says he cares about the employees but stopped all promotions for the peons, the company has never given a cost of living increase because inflation apparently doesn't exist inside the building, suck ups go far in this company, there are more ways to lose money than make money, the company says they care about the patients but the reality is the only thing upper management cares about is numbers, no holiday parties/bonus/gifts, over all this company is a joke. Medicare should take a serious look at this company.

Treat your employees as if they matter. The employees in every department need serious raises. A huge amount of employee's have to work 2 jobs to survive. If this company gets audited it's going to shut down.

Sales

Current Employee - CPAP Specialist in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - CPAP Specialist in Longview, TX

I have been working at American HomePatient full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Commission was awesome, hours was ok

Cons

Unorganized , many different ways to deduct from your commission

none

Hate it!!!

Current Employee - Support Doc Specialist in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Support Doc Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at American HomePatient full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There isn't one good reason unless you bust your butt for little pathetic bonuses!!!

Cons

Discrimination, favoritism, rude people, poor management, no structure, barely any training before your thrown out on your own & then once you mess up because you were barely trained everyone makes you feel stupid making little comments like "you ask weird questions" or "don't up you know what your doing by now"? All of the people I work for are all WOMEN. A bunch of HORMONAL HAGS NO opportunity for advancement, NO RAISES, LAUGHABLE BONUSES etc.

Get rid of all of the people that have been there for years!!! The truth is a lot of these people have been in for years which means you know how they work by now are you really happy with it? Perfect example it's like taking a test over & over & over again eventually you will get tired and grow bored and it will start showing in your results!!! Hire new people and get rid of the grumpy mean old and young people...

over worked and under paid

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at American HomePatient full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Our branch has an amazing branch manager that will do anything from paperwork to deliveries. Pay was not great but it is an entry level job. I would recommend this to anyone graduating high school!

Cons

Training was very little before they set you out to be on your own. I have been told no advancements or raises for the next 5-6 years.

Management needs to be aware that training will benefit everyone and will most definitely help with long term employment of CSR'S

Dead End Job, go work for Apria instead.

Current Employee - Service Tech in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Service Tech in Richmond, VA

I have been working at American HomePatient full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Better than cleaning toilets.
    Earn one day vacation per month of full time employment.
    5 paid holidays per year (but you'll be on call for 3 of them)

Cons

No raises, you get what you're hired at, so make sure you haggle for top dollar during hiring process.
    No company matching 401k.
    No work life balance, even when you're not on call (which is 26 weeks out of the year) you are still at the behest of the company.
    Absolutely no loyalty to employees, I gained my job at the expense of an employee who had been there for 16 years (and had only made it to 10.50 an hr thru raises). They had tried to trick him into resigning as to avoid paying him his accrued vacation time.
    If you see the area Vice President John, someone is getting fired at your office, as firing employees appears to be the only job he has.

As a simple service tech, there is nothing I could say they would even care to hear.

awesome company to work for

I have been working at American HomePatient

Pros

great pay and give aways

Cons

increasing goals that make it now difficult to obtain a bonus

consider lower empolyees and not just your bonus

Account Executive

I worked at American HomePatient

Pros

Great training - great coworkers, I had a great GM, and lots of talented sales people

Cons

Too much paperwork -

Good company

I have been working at American HomePatient full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are great, lots of time off, GM works with us, it feels good to help patients. we do get small quarterly bonuses

Cons

pay increases went from 18 months to 2 years. No room for advancement, on call. No overtime pay, we just get comp time

If you want to keep good employees you should let the local GM decide if they can do sallry increases before the 2 year mark.