American Homes 4 Rent

Fast-paced, new and growing company - I LOVE IT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at American Homes 4 Rent full-time for less than a year

Pros

The fact that it is a new company that is growing rapidly is one of the reasons I love working here. You can actually SEE the value you are adding. The culture is casual, open, and you really have a chance to get to know everyone (at least working in the Agoura office). Benefits (health, time off, etc) are very competitive, as well as the comp structure. I'm excited to see where this company goes, and I look forward to being a part of it.

Cons

I wouldn't call it Cons necessarily, more like challenges in working here. It's all in how you look at it. I enjoy the fast-pace, high volume atmosphere. Processes aren't in place where they need to be, but that's why I'm working here - to PUT them in place! This environment may not be for everyone, but those who can manage their time, prioritize well, enjoy the start-up feel, and can handle change, will love it here.

Continue to communicate with employees and keep them in the loop. We love hearing about what's going on with the company.

Talented employees with no hope for Career advancement

I worked at American Homes 4 Rent full-time

Pros

The base pay is decent, and there are a lot of great people that make it easier to get by each day.

Cons

The only way to advance in the company is by knowing someone. If you are looking to establish yourself within a company this is not the place to do it.

Provide some career steps for your employees or the turnaround rate will continue to grow.

Terrible management; Nepotism is rampant.

I have been working at American Homes 4 Rent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule sometimes, great coworkers.

Cons

Elite rich guys running company only think of themselves. They hire minimum-wage workers to run everything about the company that the rest the employees depend on. Local management takes care of their own race and religion while burying everyone else. Extremely burdensome workload. No complaints are heard. HR complaints are not anonymous.

Listen to criticism and ideas. Just because we barely feed our families doesn't mean we're stupid.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Steer Clear

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at American Homes 4 Rent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Business casual attire; denim, sandals, tanks, and tees. (hardly business casual)

Cons

The staff is poorly trained and management has no clue what they are doing. Supervisors confide and vent to own employees about other employees and coworkers. No specific training manual. Employees get in trouble for asking too many questions. Employees are expected to complete months of work within a days time. Employees let go when they bring their issues to management

Supervisors need real training. Employee time clocks would be helpful so employees are not accused of arriving late to work. There needs to be a clear policy about nepotism, fraternizing with employees, and keeping information about other employees confidential.

Terrible management

I have been working at American Homes 4 Rent

Pros

Casual dress work environment and that's about it.

Cons

Terrible management. They seem to think they know what they are talking about when in fact they don't.

Most of the management is under one roof and yet they still can't communicate with one another and get everyone on the same page. Seems to be a bit unprofessional. Stop trying to promote the young and pretty. They are clueless and their ideas don't work. They are only getting inflated heads and no one appreciates it. It's actually quite laughable. They think they are important but really it's just management looking at your you know what.

Horrible Company to be employed by.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at American Homes 4 Rent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual environment....jeans, snickers, head phones, flip flops.

Cons

Bad management, very unorganized, no communication. Managers instead of talking to their employees they prefer to hear it, from other people that have nothing to do with that department.

Please hire people with management skills & experience and an education. Hiring people just because you know them does not mean they qualify for the management position....just saying. Having a manager tell you more then once in a week, if you don't do your job we will find someone else to do it....reflects no job security and a very hostile environment. I feel very sad for the people still working there.

HORRIBLE!

I worked at American Homes 4 Rent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bagels on Fridays and in a great city

Cons

Horrible to employees, "churn and burn" and unbelievably disorganized.

Consider ALL employees not just the "chosen few" executives who get all the perks and consideration.

No opportunity for growth

I worked at American Homes 4 Rent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work, if you like that sort of thing.

Cons

The company does not value its employees. There is no real opportunity for growth within the company and the management is not transparent.

A disgrace to the Residential Leasing Industry.

Former Employee - Property Management  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Property Management in Dallas, TX

I worked at American Homes 4 Rent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience on what NOT to do in Property Management.

Cons

No Support for Management or Staff, Serious lack of communication, no resolution guidance , poor training, poor leadership, poor quality of service. Instead, upper management seeks knowledge from employees on how to handle a situation instead of giving property guidance and delegation. upper management lacks respect for employees .

Keep your good management staff instead of letting them walk or get rid of them. They come from years of Real Estate knowledge and experience and stop replacing them with "favored suggestions" from big wigs you rub shoulders with or family members . This will help your company in quality of customer service and overall negative ratings. (which speaks for itself).

Flexible working schedule, but communication restrictions with upper level managment

Former Employee - Acquisitions Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Acquisitions Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at American Homes 4 Rent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible, good salary and job functions

Cons

The prevalence of Nepotism and poor management skills

Managers should undergo training to hone their interpersonal and management skills.

Worked for American Homes 4 Rent? Contribute to the Community!