American Homes 4 Rent

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fast-paced, new and growing company - I LOVE IT

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Agoura Hills, CA

ProsThe fact that it is a new company that is growing rapidly is one of the reasons I love working here. You can actually SEE the value you are adding. The culture is casual, open, and you really have a chance to get to know everyone (at least working in the Agoura office). Benefits (health, time off, etc) are very competitive, as well as the comp structure. I'm excited to see where this company goes, and I look forward to being a part of it.

ConsI wouldn't call it Cons necessarily, more like challenges in working here. It's all in how you look at it. I enjoy the fast-pace, high volume atmosphere. Processes aren't in place where they need to be, but that's why I'm working here - to PUT them in place! This environment may not be for everyone, but those who can manage their time, prioritize well, enjoy the start-up feel, and can handle change, will love it here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate with employees and keep them in the loop. We love hearing about what's going on with the company.

Terrible management; Nepotism is rampant.

ProsFlexible schedule sometimes, great coworkers.

ConsElite rich guys running company only think of themselves. They hire minimum-wage workers to run everything about the company that the rest the employees depend on. Local management takes care of their own race and religion while burying everyone else. Extremely burdensome workload. No complaints are heard. HR complaints are not anonymous.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to criticism and ideas. Just because we barely feed our families doesn't mean we're stupid.

Steer Clear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsBusiness casual attire; denim, sandals, tanks, and tees. (hardly business casual)

ConsThe staff is poorly trained and management has no clue what they are doing. Supervisors confide and vent to own employees about other employees and coworkers. No specific training manual. Employees get in trouble for asking too many questions. Employees are expected to complete months of work within a days time. Employees let go when they bring their issues to management

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors need real training. Employee time clocks would be helpful so employees are not accused of arriving late to work. There needs to be a clear policy about nepotism, fraternizing with employees, and keeping information about other employees confidential.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible management

ProsCasual dress work environment and that's about it.

ConsTerrible management. They seem to think they know what they are talking about when in fact they don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the management is under one roof and yet they still can't communicate with one another and get everyone on the same page. Seems to be a bit unprofessional. Stop trying to promote the young and pretty. They are clueless and their ideas don't work. They are only getting inflated heads and no one appreciates it. It's actually quite laughable. They think they are important but really it's just management looking at your you know what.

Horrible Company to be employed by.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsCasual environment....jeans, snickers, head phones, flip flops.

ConsBad management, very unorganized, no communication. Managers instead of talking to their employees they prefer to hear it, from other people that have nothing to do with that department.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire people with management skills & experience and an education. Hiring people just because you know them does not mean they qualify for the management position....just saying. Having a manager tell you more then once in a week, if you don't do your job we will find someone else to do it....reflects no job security and a very hostile environment. I feel very sad for the people still working there.

HORRIBLE!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBagels on Fridays and in a great city

ConsHorrible to employees, "churn and burn" and unbelievably disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider ALL employees not just the "chosen few" executives who get all the perks and consideration.

No opportunity for growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy work, if you like that sort of thing.

ConsThe company does not value its employees. There is no real opportunity for growth within the company and the management is not transparent.

A disgrace to the Residential Leasing Industry.

Property Management (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsExperience on what NOT to do in Property Management.

ConsNo Support for Management or Staff, Serious lack of communication, no resolution guidance , poor training, poor leadership, poor quality of service. Instead, upper management seeks knowledge from employees on how to handle a situation instead of giving property guidance and delegation. upper management lacks respect for employees .

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your good management staff instead of letting them walk or get rid of them. They come from years of Real Estate knowledge and experience and stop replacing them with "favored suggestions" from big wigs you rub shoulders with or family members . This will help your company in quality of customer service and overall negative ratings. (which speaks for itself).

Flexible working schedule, but communication restrictions with upper level managment

Acquisitions Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible, good salary and job functions

ConsThe prevalence of Nepotism and poor management skills

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should undergo training to hone their interpersonal and management skills.

Horrible Management- Find a better company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFull benefits, able to make bonuses, and compensation is fair.

ConsThey only favor select people, management is irresponsible and do not have prior management experience to do their jobs, there needs to be proper training for ALL employees, and there is no opportunity for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be proper ways to monitor employees and new hires. (Not hiring personal friends for upper management positions) There needs to be more professionalism in the office, there are no weekly- monthly reviews for employees, and none of the management at local offices have experience to do their jobs.

Worked for American Homes 4 Rent? Contribute to the Community!