American Income Life Reviews

Reset
4.0
American Income Life CEO Roger Smith
Roger Smith

Pros
  • You have the opportunity to make a lot of money if you have what it takes to make the sale (in 20 reviews)

• If you have no moral compass then you can make a lot of money (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes I may work long hours (in 67 reviews)

• The only way to make a lot of money is to be dishonest (in 10 reviews)

1. Extraordinary!

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Covina, CA

I have been working at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The compensation is unmatched by any other company I know. The systems put in place for employees guarantee success. The company is an honest, ethical company that has working class families' best interests in mind. We are in the business of protecting the futures of families and providing them financial security. The leadership truly cares about our success.

Cons

It is hard to think of cons to working at AIL. You are your own boss, you create your own destiny, some may see that as a con, but I don't.

Advice to Management

Continue to create training and learning opportunities employees in all positions.

Good while it lasted, Management guidance was not adequate

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Covina, CA

I worked at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really does have plenty of clients to meet with and the sales job part of it is fairly easy.

Cons

I was not able to grow because I did not have enough backup when I needed it while I was in the field. I would call managers and sometimes they would not be available to answer questions. After not generating any sales in a month, my manager did not even step in to help get back on track. He was to busy with other things. Driving around for 8 hours on my own funds did not work out.

Advice to Management

Balance out time with new recruits. Be available while agent is in the field.

scam

Current Contractor - Sales Pig in Covina, CA
    Current Contractor - Sales Pig in Covina, CA

I have been working at American Income Life as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I am looking for a job and these insurance pigs keep hounding me.

Cons

they are liars. it is a scam

Advice to Management

abuse yourself leave others alone

phenomenal upper-managment. toughest job if u make it u will succeed!

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Covina, CA

I worked at American Income Life

Pros

Compensation sales development leadership development honesty/integrity ( this is true under the person who hired me) confidence builder team work fast paced career track(i chose not to peruse due to commitment level)

Cons

Time Commitment( no previous experience) drive time (wish i lived in the valley) down time when managers are doing other things crowded phone rooms rejection from clients was new to me but this changed after 30 days

Advice to Management

The State Director and Regional Manager are some of the best leaders i know i wasn't able to work on the team i wanted because i was recruited by another manger however they helped me with anything i needed. the unfortunate part was they also run 2 other offices and they spend majority of their time working with management and top producers. i received an scholarship to go back to school (they do not allow part-time). this office has rare leaders that care about you as long as you care about your future. i noticed that they are serious about their business so if your not committed to give up leisure you best stay away. i witnessed 9 promotions in the first month and over 20 in the 4 months i was there. pros and cons i still respect training i was given by my trainer. and to this day I'm an active recruiter for this company.

RSS Feed </> Embed