American Income Life

Updated September 19, 2014
3.2

American Income Life CEO Roger Smith
Roger Smith

Pros
  • There really is opportunity to make a lot of money, but if AND ONLY IF you are truly a sales person (in 14 reviews)

• also a great opportunity to make money (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There are not any cons that I can think of other than the long hours (in 50 reviews)

• The only way to make a lot of money is to be dishonest (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing! I LOVE MY CAREER

I worked at American Income Life

Pros

Every day I come to work it's like coming home to my work family! The energy is amazing! Jason Bratin motivates everyone into becoming the best they can be! Every day at 702 Lisburn Road is a great day when you're working for one of the best!

Cons

High energy environment and it takes your all to succeed

Keep up the great work and thanks for hiring me!

Great Company

I have been working at American Income Life full-time

Pros

Great people
    Great atmosphere
    Can make A LOT of money

Cons

Have to be all in to be successful

A company like no other

I have been working at American Income Life

Pros

Room for advancement, opportunity for high income, flexible schedule

Cons

Odd hours when you start

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great to grow personally and professionally.

Former Employee - Supervising Agent  in  Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Supervising Agent in Murray, UT

I worked at American Income Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast track to management is a great option for getting started and making good money. The money involved is very real and highly attainable.

Cons

Needing to go on road trips often to be able to get decent leads and make good money.

Take care of your people, and watch closely at how they're doing. Don't pay attention to your paycheck from your agents, focus on helping them achieve their own success; yours will follow.

Interesting

I have been working at American Income Life

Pros

It's a high paying challenging job where you get paid for how hard you work.lazy people don't make it here.

Cons

Sometimes its hard to make a good appointment schedule,lots of work with no payoff

Be prepared.

I worked at American Income Life

Pros

Excellent leadership, the managers that I worked with were phenomenal and were really doing what they could to help you succeed.

Fun work environment. You have to know how to relax around these guys, they like to joke and get friendly competition going in the office.

Cons

The hours are LONG and they are grueling.
    You are NOT compensated for gas or mileage.
    There it little room for personal struggles, they tell you that everything is a sacrifice.

Transparency is NOT a bad thing. Let people know what they are getting into up front.

My experience was less than satisfactory.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

This sales position has the potential to be very lucrative. It takes a lot patience and hard work to achieve your goals. It's a great opportunity for the right person!

Cons

It's commissioned based so there is no guarantee you will make anything. In fact, I was losing money so I found a way to help others because we're all independent contractors to get paid. That wasn't profitable for them so I declined the sales position.

Long days and nights, not as fun as they make it sound.

Former Employee - Benefits Director  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Benefits Director in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

The potential to make a lot of money, bonus structure is good. Freedom to make your own schedule. They give you leads and also no-cost benefits to help you get referrals from prospects.

Cons

Charge backs hurt your paycheck. Underwriters are strict, EAPP always freezing up while trying to write applications. Long hours never get to see your family. Huge turnover of employees always hiring and new faces come and go. Learning the scripts, scripts for everything.

Fix the EAPP!

"Don't drink the kool-aid" I'm leaving for good reasons. Please read all

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Hurricane, WV
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Hurricane, WV

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good bonus structure
    Nothing else
    Watered down leads
    Move listed below
    Please read

Cons

Terrible management
    Horrible trainers
    Unprofessional
    Lies and deceit all around the board
    Read more below

Quit using and manipulating employees and clients.
    The Reality:
    Their psychological power of manipulation is very compelling. These people are masters of manipulation and intertwine their own religious beliefs to add to the perception of their conviction and belief in the business. Do not be fooled. Make them prove what they say. They instill an environment of brutal competition, pitting associates against one another for greater production and the loser is often publicly humiliated and stands to lose money as a consequence.
    When you've had enough and want to seek other employment. you will hear things like, "mental toughness", "would you quit on your hopes and dreams", "quitters never win".....they will mess you up in the head so bad that you stay on, plugging away, going deeper and deeper into a very dark place. This is also part of the psychology surrounding building a "team". Now you are directly responsible for those you have brought in under you and to the clients you have sold products to. Most people find it impossible to quit under these circumstances that they continue, regardless of their personal dilemmas. And by the way you never actually get to keep the "team" you build if you foolish enough to stick around. The divided it almost other members of management. Without cause to keep you where they need you....plugging away.

Be prepared to spend all your all and money on meetings, seminars, self-improvement, getting licensed, "office costs" "recruiter fees". Assist "plug in fees" and attending "Big Events"..... The only actual big event are for the RGA's and MGA's any underneath them is used, manipulated and disgarded

A great company that will change your life, if you read Negativity in peoples reviews, consider the source

Current Employee - Supervising Agent  in  Gulfport, MS
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Gulfport, MS

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will NEVER find a company that will let you have unlimited growth, We NEVER say it will be easy, we say its a simple process teaming agents with computers, but it takes and requires dedication and hard work, but in that, the only person that holds you back will be yourself, if you fail its because you failed.
    You will NEVER get held back. I have been here a year and see nothing but success, and the failure i see is when the people fail, not the company.

Cons

The CONS....I would say like most jobs, you will always have a bad day, an employee you don't quite get along with, but reading the comments the cons i see are silly. A person wants to make a lot of money, but they get mad its not easy or they don't get along with someone? SERIOUSLY?!

We NEVER tell people to LIE....NEVER
    We Have one Job, to ask the Clients questions, and they answer, and it will show what they do or do not need. Simple
    EVERYONE DIES...thats a fact, the question is, are you prepared? THAT is what we do, How is that lying to people?

Nothing is life is free or handed to you, there's no such thing as easy money., but what we do here is Serious and that is provide benefits for people on the worst day of there life and we have a very high standard. When reading reviews, the negativity is almost always an EX employee or a current disgruntled one and that will happen anywhere.

Just know that you will have hard days, you will have long long hours, but most of that is in the beginning, when most people give up, but those that fight through that first year, as in any job, you establish yourself, and then there's no holding you back.
    So all those that give up don't live the life style were afforded with this company, they simply try to vent and discourage others.
    We would not have such a high standard if we was all the things those few say we are, that is simply comments made by people who wouldn't succeed if you did the work for them, and if they did succeed with your help, they would still complain

The advice I give is what I tell anyone, Managers make Future Managers, not create followers, keep up the good work taking time out of your day, money out of your pocket to make sure your agents succeed, and I am sorry for the money you do spend on the un-trainable to still give them a fair chance, just so in turn they can quit and leave a negative response because there to lazy to work for a living.

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!