American Income Life Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Sales rep

I have been working at American Income Life full-time

Pros

Big paychecks and paid weekly with bonus

Cons

Long hours, work life balance Not allways the best

Great Outlook, Great culture

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in North Royalton, OH
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in North Royalton, OH

I have been working at American Income Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Incentives like $3250 "Just because" first 6 mo+$1000 annual bonus, weekly bonus. Company conventions Fun contest for shoes, trips, events etc. Supportive team and staff Monthly residual income Flexible

Cons

Mjust be self motivated and able to work unsupervised a majority of the time. Might have some busy weeks but the schedule is mostly flexible.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing and we'll stay one of our states top workplace for the 4th yr in a row.

Success is a journey, not a destination.

Current Employee - Hiring Manager in Eau Claire, WI
    Current Employee - Hiring Manager in Eau Claire, WI

I have been working at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have had the great experience of working at AIL Eau Claire and our managers here are positive, upbeat and motivational. If you are having a bad day --- this is where you need to come to change it around. Your attitude is everything, they say! I have worked hard, put in a lot of hours and been rewarded as such. I have worked in many fields and I can say that we have all walks of life here. I think the overview people keeping complaining about is nothing short of stating that it is AMAZING. When you read reviews, most people just complain. It's rare to ever get someone to take time out of their day to praise. I can say it is not a career for everyone but I have seen the transformation first hand as a Hiring Manager/Recruiter. I spend my day looking for the next Rita, Mike, Chad, etc. They all came from various backgrounds and in my opinion, the more seasoned you are with the world, the better your life can and will be. Working at AIL Eau Claire is a daily learning experience. And because I came from the education field and jumped into the insurance field, my love for learning could be one reason why I love it here. Things are constantly changing along with business needs. People don't leave here because they hate our company. They leave because it wasn't a good fit for them. That is out of AIL's hands. We take a chance on them, train them to the best of our ability and SUPPORT one another fully. This is my second family and I can say that I feel blessed to be part of this office. IF you don't want to work hard to earn your living, get on food stamps. Hard work has it's rewards and it may be grueling at first while your feet are wet but the water gets warm and only you are responsible for your success. I am a no excuses type person. If you wanna play the blame game, take a look in the mirror. We make our own success. If you can't find it, brainstorm and change your outlook. There are always new ways and I have seen these agents do it.

Cons

The turnover is what is hardest for me. I grow attached to the agents who join our teams and really enjoy coaching them through licensing and watching them grow, hear about their success stories with our clients and over all the peace of mind they get from helping families while they make their pay check. Unfortunately, we hire people who don't intend to stay but that isn't on us. We have no way of knowing if they will for sure be successful. Some people interview well but our true colors come out in the wash. This career choice isn't for everyone but it certainly deserves respect in all forms. Life Insurance is personal for me. And I think if you can't find a way to make it personal - you are in the wrong place. I haven't seen one person who left our teams leave because we didn't help them. They left because the opportunity wasn't for them and that's ok. They just opened the door to another person to -- maybe the next SGA to have the opportunity of a lifetime. Yes, you have to work many evenings when you first start out but when you "get it", you get more flexibility in your schedule. It's hard work. But if it wasn't, it wouldn't be worth it. That is ONE huge factor I have learned here. I have put in more hours than I have been paid for but it has ALL come right back around and benefit me emotionally, physically, intellectually and professionally. The bottom line for me is, it is hard to find people who want to work...rather than just have things handed to them. So when you are reading all these negative things people say, ask yourself this, "What part of that failure falls on them?" in all those areas I just mentioned. We all get what we deserve in the end whether it be success or failure.

Advice to Management

AIL Eau Claire provides excellent training. I have seen an amazing transformation since I started. I have had the most positive experience at AIL Eau Claire than I have at any other "job" I have had in my life. I had huge support, trust from my supervisors and training whenever I ask for it. I loved how Mike let a couple new gals team up and run appointments together. They were excited, learned from one another and it probably contributed to their success. Always trying new things and tweaking is the best route. If it doesn't work, try something new but never be opposed to the insight of others.

Insurance Producer

Former Employee - Insurance Producer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Producer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Independence throughout work day. Managers are highly knowledgeable in the company and products offered, which is reassuring for new agents during first independent consultations. Managers are all highly motivational and supportive which makes it a great work environment when in the office.

Cons

Work is conducted during the late afternoon to evening and also weekends.

Bitman Agency, Raleigh NC

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the most positive environment I have ever worked for. The leaders do everything they can to make sure you succeed. Our meetings are always fun and motivational. The passion of my management team is overwhelming. I will never work anywhere else!

Cons

This is a job where you are paid based on what you put in. You do work long hours, so prepare for that. The money at the end of the day is so worth it though. You must, must, must be self motivated and self driven. If you want this for yourself, you WILL succeed.

Advice to Management

I love Patrick Knause and Slav Bitman. My GA is also amazing. I cannot think of a whole lot that could be advisable to change. The level of attention and support given is already unmatched to any position I have held before I joined the AIL family. Thank you for this unlimited opportunity!

AIL

Former Employee - Career Agent in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Career Agent in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at American Income Life (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited salary based on commission.

Cons

More than 40 hours, weird hours.

If you have a vision, all you have to do is work hard and American Income will get you there. Especially Arias Agencies

Current Employee - Benefits Representative in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Benefits Representative in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership at every level Protecting families Ability to move up QUICKLY Income Relationships with coworkers Worlds greatest bonus Convention Modern work hard play hard atmosphere

Cons

Lots of hours but you have to understand that it's temporary.

Advice to Management

Keep traveling the path we're on.

9. Agent

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of interaction with wide range of people

Cons

VERY long hours, 6 day work week, a LOT of time on the road driving. Upper management gives potential agents a very rosy sch-peal about income potential.

Advice to Management

BE HONEST to people.

THE AIL LIFE...

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Sharonville, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Sharonville, OH

I have been working at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you drown yourself in knowledge, success, and hardwork...if you crave it you will get it here. I've been working at the agency for a fairly short amount of time and I will tell you if you are a go getter COME GET IT! You work hard, have the ability to be likeable, work smart and you have the ability to make bank. Come here for dreams not for slacking because you will get left behind in the race. If you walk in everyday with a positive outlook and really follow your leader....cheat, copy, steal from them you will make a good agent! Supports there if you engolf yourself in the people...don't be shy or you'll get left behind.

Cons

Biggest things about this career that sucks. .. No such thing as set hours....you work 50+ a week That's the biggest downfall but once again...you get out what you put in...

Advice to Management

Teach something new everyday....sometimes after a point it's less teaching more telling...understand not everyone knows everything yet so reiterate so they (we) can repeat.

Benefits Representative

Former Employee - Benefit Representative in Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Benefit Representative in Strongsville, OH

I worked at American Income Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

American Income allowed for unlimited income potential for it's benefits representatives and provided a detailed, comprehensive training program for the employees

Cons

The leads program was not as successful as the management team originally explained and the travel time was excessive.

Advice to Management

Although the training program was great, it did not provide me with a preview of some of the different types of situations I would encounter with my customer base.

RSS Feed </> Embed