American Institute for Economic Research

Stephen Adams

Research Intern

Research (Former Employee)
Great Barrington, MA

I worked at American Institute for Economic Research as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery friendly place, and the working environment is great. They treat interns very nice, and I enjoyed to have a summer there.

ConsThe city is very small. You need to drive for one hour to have some entertainment at the weekend.

Great place for an internship

Research Intern (Former Employee)
Great Barrington, MA

ProsThis place is supportive research-wise. Interns can interact and learn from researchers. Their program is very helpful and they organize a lot of events. The place is very beautiful, very good environment.

ConsThe research center is in a very small town. There are not a lot of people. It could get boring. However, on the other hand, it is a good place to do research because there are not a lot of distractions.

small research institute in a rural area with many outdoors activities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Institute for Economic Research

ProsVery close to Tanglewood where the Boston Symphony Orchestra performs every summer. The Berkshire region has great natural beauty and some of the best hiking trails.
Somewhat active research in current economic conditions for general audience. Interesting seminars with speakers from around Boston.

ConsGreat Barrington is isolated from the rest of the research community so you are limited to research staff only. There are not that many projects to work on unless you have a clear research idea.

Worked for American Institute for Economic Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Institute for Economic Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Institute for Economic Research CEO Stephen Adams. All reviews posted anonymously by American Institute for Economic Research employees.