American Italian Pasta

Walter N. George

Great Internship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Excelsior, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Excelsior, MN

Pros

Gained great experience in the field I'm studying, was able to work independently and with help from my supervisors, able to experience multiple areas of the company, everyone was friendly and my supervisors loved their jobs

Cons

More interaction with other interns or people my age would have made the summer better.

Wasted talent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Excelsior Springs, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Excelsior Springs, MO

Pros

People on the production floor are great, hard workers, many with years of experience, most are willing to train new workers and help them succeed.

Cons

These great production people are mis-managed and taken advantage of at every opportunity by mid-upper-level managers who maximize their own pay on the backs of their employees. Profits are VERY unfairly distributed among the employees, with the workers who make those profits possible receiving the smallest share.

This company has been the best business experience of my life with it's generous benefits & work environment

Former Employee - Packaging Engineer  in  Excelsior Springs, MO
    Former Employee - Packaging Engineer in Excelsior Springs, MO

Pros

Great work environment, great benefits, good people, team-building culture, many opportunities to cross train, or try new hats. Creativity and ideas are encouraged. Team members are encouraged to be part of the solution.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

As the company grows it is vital to continue good communication with the team members.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Support by Corp. HR was Superior

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Columbia, SC

Pros

Great Corp communications, the latitude to do my job was better than other places I have worked, for the most part corporate support in my work activities was far beyond expectations (operations focus tended to be profit before people), compensation was superior to prior employers, work environment was ok for manufacturing, very clean. Fairly good response time to problems--they did not shy away from addressing issues.

Cons

Some very outdated philosophies regard people treatment, that may have changed since I worked there. Human Resources was working very hard regarding educating their managers on treatment issues (with moderate resistance from ops).

Keep on the path, you are headed in the right direction.

good solid company with a good product

Pros

good benefits, good pay and leadership

Cons

located north of kansas city

I was a "human resource," quite disposable after I'd fixed things for my department

Pros

Pay isn't bad, benefits are OK, upper managers were affable, but disconnected from day-to-day operations and the associated operational realities.

Cons

Middle managers are some of the worst I've seen in 20 years in my field, quite willing to take credit for your work while figuratively knifing you in the back.

Watch your backs, because your middle management has no ethics and will stop at little or nothing to eventually take your jobs as they did mine. The old-timers learned one lesson from the bankruptcy - how to camouflage their lapses until they can be blamed on the newcomers.

good

Pros

good job for the hours and work

Cons

hours should be balanced to workload

more pay for ees

Worked for American Italian Pasta? Contribute to the Community!