American Labelmark

American Labelmark Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Not yet rated.

Alan Schoen

Great place to develop skills

Anonymous (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Labelmark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI've learned a great deal while employed here. I have a good manager, good location to work, and am surrounded by people who care about putting out a great work product.

ConsPay scale is a little low, and merit could be better recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to recognize people for their dedication to the job. You do a great job of treating everyone equally, but the unfortunate fact is that we are not all equals. This company could easily go from "a good place to have a career" to "I would never dream of leaving this company". You are so close it is scary. To be fair, I think you are trying to do just that, so keep it up.

This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. I plan to retire from Labelmaster if they have me until I'm 90!

Management (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at American Labelmark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThis company truly cares about it's employees. There is a aire of "All for one, One for All" with this company. Always willing to promote and train within. Believe the responsibility of a manager is to get each and every employee where they want to be in business with or without Labelmaster.

ConsSometimes we are a little slow to catch up to the new and improved processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways strive to make it better for employees, and they will continue to make the company a profitable organization.

Positive, Friendly Environment

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Labelmark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI have been employed here for 7 years and are extremely happy to be working for this organization. The executive staff is friendly and outgoing. It has a corporate appeal and yet at the same time small enough to get to know everyone and feel like part of a family. It is a respectful work environment.

ConsMy commute is longer as travel is from a northwest suburb.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinued open communication is key to a positive work environment.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have been working at American Labelmark Company for over 5 years

I have been working at American Labelmark full-time

ProsFriendly and easy-to-work-in environment. If you love your job and you do it good, management wil recognize it and acknowledge it which means a lot at a times. There is a lot of benefits offered and some fun activities for employees. Like: lunch-n-learn, massage therapist, bake sale, etc.

ConsOffice needs some color. Some paintings on the walls or something to enhance the environment inside the building. Office appearance should match environment, vibrant and enjoyable.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like the direction company is moving to. I only expect to see bigger and better things to come from Labelmark in upcoming years.

One of best companies I have worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at American Labelmark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people with great benefits. By far one of the best environments I have worked. Everyone is encouraged to promote new ideas and they encourage a life/work balance which is unheard of in the Seattle job market. The products are always evolving to help the company maintain the status as the ultimate leader in the hazmat industry. And the customer service is second to none which is why the customers love them so much.

ConsSeattle there is no parking available. Trying to understand a customers needs versus the laws and regulations surrounding the purpose for their solution takes some time grasp.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget to celebrate the victories and try to avoid providing solutions for custom work!

Genuine interest in employee success on many levels

Director of Global Procurement (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Labelmark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAfter going back to school and collaborating with my cohort about Human Resource Management, I was shocked to discover how bad almost every single one of them felt about HR in their organization. By contrast, I was so positive about all that Labelmaster does for their employees and how senior management truly cares about all of our lives, they thought I was kidding. It was one of those aha moments where I knew how good I have it.

ConsI'm a long term employee and very happy so it's difficult to think of anything that is substantially bad.

Total "Street" environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at American Labelmark full-time for more than a year

ProsNone, nada, zip, zilch, nothing here.

ConsFilthy, disgusting, roach infested, poor management, poor pay, no respect for workers, forced furloughs.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit.

Could be an industry leader

I have been working at American Labelmark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere are a lot of highly talented people here. Very respectful knowledge people with great ideas on how to get this company into the next century.

ConsAntiquated management that has no idea what a great staff they have. They are more concerned with keeping each other happy than they are their employees.
Company needs to update their technology and their employees salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at what your competition is doing to increase their market share and take notes. Then implement new ideas and share your success with employees. You have a lot of talented people with great ideas. Listen to their ideas. Old managers have less to offer because they have been acclimated to your systems and do not bring anything new to the table.

Step Back in Time

I have been working at American Labelmark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLabelMaster does provide survivor jobs.

ConsStarved of pay, benefits and living life. Perks include free cake, free box (Garbage), free parking (not in demand), one picnic table next to street full of trucks and smokers. The break room is a gut rehab waiting to happen. It's not clean or sanitary. Provide a modern, clean common space to colaborate and recharge. It's crucial to creaitivity and the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you ask business owners what is there best asset and most will answer, the employees. Take quality of hire seriously and build a strong, vibrant organizational culture that supports the company itself. Motivate, compensate and enable your staff to thrive in a healthy environment. Noone should starve working 40 hrs a week. Micromanagement restricts the ability of micromanaged people to develop and grow. Hire leaders they set everyone up for sucess.

It was fair at times

Press Operator (Former Employee)

I worked at American Labelmark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe choice of vacation or electronics

ConsDealing with poor management and racial issues

Advice to Senior ManagementThere where some good ones there

Worked for American Labelmark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Labelmark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Labelmark CEO Alan Schoen . All 17 reviews posted anonymously by American Labelmark employees.