www.americanlaser.com

Updated November 23, 2014
2.8

American Laser Skincare Chief Executive Officer John Harlow
John Harlow

Pros
  • Free treatments, good clients, decent pay right out of school (in 11 reviews)

• Health Insurance, good pay for techs(not commission only) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • this company has no respect for work/life balance and you will be working upwards of 70 hours a week 7 days a week (in 8 reviews)

• As a clinic manager you will work 55 to 60 hours a week and be very stressed out (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked at American Laser Skincare

Pros

Great pay, promotion, and exemplary leadership staff

Cons

They closed their doors with no notice and left 1000's jobless

NA

Get ready to Beg for Sales.....

Current Employee - Clinic Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Clinic Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Upper management isn't on location. Great treatments, great contests, decent income, promote from within, and fast moving.

Cons

Not organized, upper management will never take ownership for lack of revenue. They want you to take ownership of business, but you can't hire or fire people without jumping through hoops. Quality lead generation is poor. This is where they like to blame you. Their answer is to find your own business by literally begging other businesses to refer. When you do leave your office you are then questioned why. Nasty coworkers will then tell upper management you are never there making you feel that you have to defend yourself. Marketing department is one of the worst in the industry. Promotions are confusing and overwhelming to clients and clinic employees. Just to read a flyer you need 5 minutes to go over it, but wait there's more....multiple flyers and promos and bundles and oh if you are "this or that" and that you will save more. They need to keep it simple and follow marketing 101 -attract the prospects attention and relay the information simply. Ever see ideal image's ads? Case point.

Focus less on clinics parties, open houses, and making managers beg for money from local businesses. No one cares about gift bags or gift cards except the people looking for freebies. Take that money and put it into some REAL marketing. Let managers and staff focus on what they should be doing....treating and selling to interested clients and leads. Weather I have cupcakes in my office or an Ulta gift card is not going to make a difference in me closing a sale. Marketing with this company totally needs to shift focus. It's embarrassing that we have the same lasers as Ideal Image and we sell our services for half as much, yet we don't bring in as much and have to find our own prospects.

Went out of business

I worked at American Laser Skincare

Pros

Great hourly and bonus opportunities.

Cons

Always pushing for more when you've scraped everything that's left to get to goal.

Bittersweet

Former Employee - Assistant Manager/Esthetician in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager/Esthetician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at American Laser Skincare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment with a tight group of great girls.New product lines and treatments always being brought our way and the bonuses were great!!! always made a nice addition at the end of the month :)

Cons

The company is ALLLLLL Sales!! your regional manager does not care if it will work for the individual they just want to see money coming in :(

I have nothing to say for this because the company is no longer in business and this is why I do not work there anymore. Its extremely sad because with every job you have your bad and your good and this company definitely outweighed the bad with good!!!!

Awesome place to learn, great career launch platform

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, good people to work with, employee activities. We laugh a lot at the town halls. We played office tag and it was the best.

Cons

Needs a bigger parking lot

Continue to listen to the employees.

Was great till they closed operations with no notice to any of its employees or customers

Current Employee - Clinic Manager in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Clinic Manager in Framingham, MA

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and great Co workers

Cons

Unorganized, selfish, slave drivers, fakes

Don't lie to your employees

Love this company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

$$, staff, patients, lasers, location, corporate

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic local marketing goals, can feel cheesy

Keep up the good work

An Absolute Waste Of Time!

Former Employee - Clinic Manager
    Former Employee - Clinic Manager

I worked at American Laser Skincare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unfortunately any of the pros are overshadowed by the many, many negatives.

Cons

Upper Management is inexperienced, rigid, narrow-minded and completely void of having the intelligence, ability and business saavy to operate a corporation. Micro management at its best. Favoritism, double standards, and make-up-the-rules-as -you-go-along are all common practices across the board. Went bankrupt in 2012 and it's obvious why they did. Clients are lied to, conned, overcharged, misled and absolutely the last on the list. Employees are pressured to sell every client that walks in the door, all day-every day. Clinic Managers are expected to lure clients in the door any way they can, knock on doors, cold call, outbound networking everywhere with everyone, Pressure! Pressure! Pressure! To Sell! Sell! Sell!

To all upper management including regionals, district managers, sales managers, marketing directors, etc.: Step out of your box, go back to school and for goodness sake get some life experience before you attempt to run a corporation.

Eat, sleep, poop ALS!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at American Laser Skincare

Pros

The only reason I give them two stars is because you get discounted products and free treatments ( when you're not slaving for them)

Cons

Where do I even begin?? Let's start with the fact that the company is obsessed with micro managing! So you miss a couple of phone calls because you're in a consultation. No biggie right? Wrong! corporate harasses you with multiple emails asking you to contact the client immediately. Umm isn't that why we utilize the voicemail system?! Another reason NOT to work for the company is because of how biased they are. Now being the assistant manager and having to mirror the duties of the clinic manager you would think that there will be days where over time may be necessary. NOPE. Only upper management gets to rack up OT. God forbid the techs or assistants get 2 min of OT. Have you ever been forced to harass someone? Well get ready because this job entails tons of cold calling. Not only that but you have to physically walk out on the streets and solicit the company's services to random people in random places. The worst part is... This is corporate company with their very own marketing department yet they still make you slave! You can kiss whatever life you are now living goodbye and be one with their cult. You will forever eat sleep and breathe ALS!

More like advise to CEO.. it's very appalling to send out a picture of yourself to the entire company drinking wine on the last day of the month while all the underdogs hustle until 9pm.

Good job for a while. Not long-term unless you're lucky.

Current Employee - Esthetician
    Current Employee - Esthetician

I have been working at American Laser Skincare part-time

Pros

Education is good at beginning, pay is good for the area, services and products offered are something you can get behind.

Cons

major pressure to sell sell sell. high turnover

American Laser Skincare Photos