American Laser Skincare Reviews

Updated August 6, 2014

2.6

American Laser Skincare Chief Executive Officer John Harlow
John Harlow

Pros
  • Free treatments, good clients, decent pay right out of school (in 11 reviews)

• Health Insurance, good pay for techs(not commission only) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • this company has no respect for work/life balance and you will be working upwards of 70 hours a week 7 days a week (in 7 reviews)

• As a clinic manager you will work 55 to 60 hours a week and be very stressed out (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Clinic Manager

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time

Pros

Amazing lasers and a wide range of different services

Cons

VERY long hours. Work more then 55 hours per week and they still think that you don't work enough. So money focused that they don't hire the appropriate amount of staff needed. They are also so sales focus that they do not care what emergence comes up, only what are you doing to do to make money and what days and time are you going to make up to do so. Although they are very encouraging on emails for sales; they do pressure you so much that a lot of managers myself including are always looking for another job incase they fire us. They do have a VERY high turn over. Pay is also very low for what they have employees do. managers range fore $45,000 and up but would end up making SO MUCH MORE if they worked hourly due to the company over working them. Technicians only really make about $14 per hour -$17 per hour ( if they are lucky)

All they care about is selling, not patient satisfaction

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at American Laser Skincare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay
    Free laser services
    Nice coworkers

Cons

All this company wants you to do is sell more. More products, more procedures. They do not care if the patients aren't happy with their current service, they just try to talk them into buying more. Patients pay a lot of money for their procedures, and they are frustrated when they don't work. There is nothing you can do to help them because their procedures don't work! Turnover is high, I went through 3 managers in a year. The first manager was stealing money from patients.

Great co-workers, it was very personable. I worked for a privately owned alc. 3 employees total.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager/Esthetician  in  Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager/Esthetician in Towson, MD

I worked at American Laser Skincare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed setting, decent pay, long hours if you need them, & a bonus incentive which works great if your in a busy city. Hourly & commission with a benefits pckg available.

Cons

Long hours can lead to being overworked with no life. Marketing has to be done on a weekend out of every month & it's not the best method as they want you set up in the middle of the mall so you turn into one of those annoying people grasping for everyone's attention.

Take suggestions from the employees who deal with the ins & outs on a regular basis.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clinic manager

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at American Laser Skincare

Pros

Satisfaction of running a clinic like it's really mine. Knowing my clients and offering them services I believe in! Getting support even through a tough month. Positive regional

Cons

5 days instead of 6 days last week of the month with a 12 hour last day of the month would be nice.

Amazing Opportunity for growth!

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for American Laser Skincare for about 8 Years and have had an amazing experience. The pay is great and there is so much room for growth within the company. I started as a part-time technician and now I am a manager.

Cons

Long hours, but nobody ever got anywhere in life without hard work. it will pay off in the end.

A true blessing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time for more than a year

Pros

This job from the start has truly been a blessing in my life. I was hired in at a more than fair pay, and have received multiple opportunities to better myself and career and I have only been here for a little over a year so far. While you have some people who are negative (you have that every place you go) most everyone I work with I love! Very friendly and genuinely good people!

Cons

The only cons I would say that depending on your position you have to work later hours. Also I work in the corporate office and some of my direct supervisors are very busy so when I was training it was more of a trial and error on me. However, whenever I had any questions they were more than willing to answer and help.

Stepping Stone not a Career

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well versed on many services, learned a lot about the selling culture mostly how not to act like upper management when creating relationships with clientele.

Cons

No work life balance or 401K. Expected to work well over the ideal salaried hours. Must wear many hats, marketing, consultant, office manager ect. I'm a veteran employee has seen a lot of turn over as a result of poor upper management.

Follow your own protocol. Remove catty upper management.

TERRRIBLE pay, ZERO appreciation from corporate but co-workers were great

I have been working at American Laser Skincare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free treatments, flexible manager and short hours.

Cons

Pay is awful. Bonus structure is horrendous and pay increases are laughable.

Consider paying people what they're worth and they might stick around...

Overall great experience

Current Employee - Corporate Employee  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company values each client as one of their own. They pride themselves to helping make someone life worth living.

Cons

Within the company there are different outlooks as to how a corporate employee should conduct themselves

Because there are different emotions with in the workplace; please continue making sure the cohesive environment you created increases.

More than Fair!

Current Employee - Corporate Employee  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunities to grow, rise to the challenge and make a positive impact on the company. A great group of people to work with.

Cons

Communication needs to improve between corporate and the field.

Listen

Worked for American Laser Skincare? Contribute to the Community!