American Leisure Corp

Updated Feb 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Kass

Great summer job, but that is all

Lifeguard (Former Employee)

I worked at American Leisure Corp full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorked at a great summer pool

ConsLow pay for lifeguards and little room for movement

Rip off to Clients

Lifestyle Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Leisure Corp full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible, amazing facilities. Working with the leading VP.

ConsSalary is low, no health or retirement benefits. This Company charges very high fees to the clients and say its for staff salary but pockets some of the money allotted for staff salaries. They do not give raises, they push really hard for this new "Your Well Being" program to generate more income that they pocket yet staff sees no benefit of. CEO & COO do not care on bit about employees. The sad part is that the clients that hire American Leisure pay a fortune for a company that gives back minimal to the residents or building. On top of the fees they charge the clint they pocket all the generated income.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being greedy and treat your employees better. Pay better salaries and you would have happier employees.

The company has lots of potential, but...

I have been working at American Leisure Corp

ProsAt American Leisure, you have the opportunity to manage and work in a very high-end fitness or spa facility within luxury residential complexes. The quality of the equipment, design, etc. is top notch. American Leisure is very up-to-date on current trends within the hospitality industry and definitely attempts to capitalize on them while working with very high profile real estate clients. Therefore, you have the opportunity to provide customer service to high-net-worth individuals and positively impact their living experience.

ConsWhile "no expense is spared" on top quality fitness and spa equipment, MANY expenses are spared when it comes to employees. Salaries are mediocre at best and raises are not given. The company offers medical benefits but the premiums which employees must pay are extremely expensive to the point where most managers can not afford to pay for them. You would think that a company which promotes health and well-being would want their employees to be able to afford insurance. Vacation time is minimal and senior management frowns on managers taking a vacation lasting more than 1 day. There is lateral growth, but not upward mobility. District managers and executives are not approachable and are not very open to new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to make American Leisure a great place to work, senior management must improve compensation. Give managers and opportunity to be promoted and increase their salary. Health benefits are way too expensive. American Leisure needs to absorb some more of that cost so that employees can afford to enroll. Train your senior leadership to coach and positively impact their managers to foster a teamwork environment.

Teenage Job

Lifeguard (Current Employee)
Tuscola, IL

I have been working at American Leisure Corp

ProsThe flexible work schedule allows employees to work around their schedules. A great place to work as a teenager. The amount of time that this company makes its employees work when stacked up against its level of compensation makes this job a complete and utter joke.
How are we to provide for our families if the jobs we work at can barely pay for our lunch. People need to re-evaluate their preferences for leisure over safety.
That said, You could smoke as much as you wanted on the job and swim and tan and dive a great deal.
Kid= Work here.

ConsThe low pay and the terrible treatment of workers. Old people make it difficult to work, as their demands are often quite ridiculous. Often, I found myself moving chairs and umbrellas, getting newspapers and more or less catering to the demands of the pool patrons rather than watching out for their safety. Also, this company has a quite lax oversight system, with regional managers that seem to work on their own schedules and at their own whims.
What this comes down to is while this is often seem simply as a summer job, we need to remember that peoples lives are at stake.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet connected to employers

Great

Lifeguard (Former Employee)

I worked at American Leisure Corp

Pros-great employees, great company
-managers checked on us a lot, great contact with them
-feedback whenever something was wrong
-was trained at a good pace

Cons-sometimes patrons complained about small things
-got blamed for some things that weren't your fault, but the customer is always right

Worked for American Leisure Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Leisure Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Leisure Corp CEO Steve Kass. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by American Leisure Corp employees.