American Marketing and Publishing

Reset
3.4
American Marketing and Publishing CEO Abram Andrzejewski
Abram Andrzejewski

Pros
  • The company sincerely cares about small business owners (in 25 reviews)

• I get to meet a lot of wonderful people, and at the same time, help small business owners grow their business (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • You distinctly get the impression that you are bothering 99% of the business owners you visit and are wasting their time (in 17 reviews)

• A lot of wear and tear on vehicles (in 8 reviews)

1. Great company!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

I love working for this company for multiple reasons. First off the opportunity to move up and advance my career and skills is limitless. The entire company is supportive and helps me reach my professional and personal goals. And I love the fact that I'm not behind a desk all day! I'm out in my community helping local businesses.

Cons

It is a hard job. It takes focus, self discipline and determination to become successful. But with the exallent training AMP provides, anyone who works hard will be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Office Employee in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Office Employee in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing

Pros

Great Co-Workers Great Managers Supportive Work Environment

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

3. Couldnt ask for a better company to work for

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing

Pros

Ive worked for the company going on a year. From day one they instill a sense of family and have not came across anyone who wanted nothing more than to see me succed. The pay structure is very generous and with the bonus structure they give you the oppurtunity to give you and your family a very comfortable life.

Cons

You will put some miles on your vehicle

Advice to Management

Dont change a thing

5. Hard work=greatness rewards

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, insurance, team members, leaders truly care

Cons

Extremely handwork is required. Lots of driving

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Company is continuing to grow and thrive

Awesome place to work!

Pros

I love this company! They truly want you to be successful. You aren't just another number. I have never worked for a company that truly loved their employees until I joined AMP. They respect you and treat you like you're part of their family. You will work hard and enjoy it. The people are amazing. We've all worked at places we hate at some point in our lives and then you work for AMP and realize there is a different culture here than most places. It's nice to work somewhere that you feel important!

Cons

If there is any con about this company I would say you are going to earn what you are worth. It's not another paycheck that you get for just showing up. You truly get out of it what you put in to it. I don't see this as a con but for those just looking for a paycheck it could be considered as such.

Advice to Management

Keep making your employees feel important. They/we will take you to the next level!

7. For the right person

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing

Pros

Great pay if you can stick with it

Cons

Thrown out on an island left to fend for yourself if you don't figure it out quick you're screwed.

8. Sales rep

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Algonquin, IL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Algonquin, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they treat you well during the training process, led me to my current job.

Cons

i spent most of my time cleaning up the mess the last rep to visit my territory made. this company has you lie and promise the world just to make a sale, the customer renewal rate is extremely low and you get yelled at constantly by former customers who were scammed. training was fairly thorough but it's nothing like being in the actual field...they throw you to the wolves and expect you to be successful. of the 15 people i trained with only one was still with the company when i got out..i'm not sure why they spend so much time and money training new reps just to have them quit rather than spend more time with each new hire. everything is scripted and i was constantly embarrassed about what i was saying (lies) to customers. i'm a hard worker and great with people so you'd thing this job would be a good fit for me but it really was a terrible experience.

Advice to Management

stop setting your new reps up for failure, spend more time with them and maybe you won't go through so many employees. don't lie when recruiting people either, if the company had explained everything during the first couple phone calls i would have known it wasn't going to be a good fit for me and could have saved both amp and myself the time.

9. False promises

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Granger, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Granger, IN

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing (Less than a year)

Pros

None. There's nothing good about working for this company

Cons

Everything. Training is a joke, expected quota is a joke. There's a reason that only 20% of the trained employees last longer than two months.

Advice to Management

Focus more on thorough training and putting more time into current employees instead of just firing them and spending money looking for more

sales representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative in DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in DeKalb, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

money is good if you are in a good territory, great support from corporate, advancement from within, leadership program, systems are good

Cons

not always close to home so can spend $100 a week on gas/tolls, law suits that you are not told about when you go into a town, inside sales over steps their bounds, management not transparent about negative aspects of products, will find out from a customer. Customers have asked to be put on a do not call list but ignored.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting individuals whose only qualification are their numbers. Some are just meant to sell not manage, shows lack of integrity. Honesty means more than money!!

11. Sales Executive

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Deerfield, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing (More than a year)

Pros

You're outside a lot and you do get a solid salary + Commission. Their Yellowbook's are Geo-targeted so there are specific books for specific areas. Very positive phone conferences every Monday to keep you on your game

Cons

You are selling advertisements for an outdated form of advertising. You are locked into your designated territory and can only move out once they feel you've sold enough advertisements there. You are literally selling ad spots for the Homepages Phone book.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job! Make more time to go out in territories with your reps.

RSS Feed </> Embed