American Mobile Healthcare

Updated August 17, 2014

4.2

Susan Salka

dependable company

Pros

well paid jobs and good

Cons

availability of agent when needed ,calling and leave message and not called back

Pays on time and is very reputable

Current Employee - RN Case Manager, Home Health  in  Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager, Home Health in Roseville, CA

Pros

Exclusive contracts with Kaiser Permanente.

Cons

Poor pay compared to what hospital-employed nurses make.

Increase the base wage for your travelers. Becasue it is too low we seek full time employment with local hospitals. I have know many of my fellow travelers leave AMN and get permanent employment

Negotiate your contract!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Working 3 months and take off whatever time you want between contracts.

Cons

Negotiate your housing stipend. I've gotten over $1000 more than what they offered. EVERYTHING is negotiable. Also negotiate them to fly you home between extensions if you extend your contract.

Don't treat your employees like dollar signs. Every year it's getting worse and more obvious- this is why I left.

American Mobile Healthcare Response

Aug 5, 2014Division Vice President, Travel Nurse Recruitment

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and I am sorry to hear you have been unhappy with parts of your American Mobile experience recently. American Mobile values its travelers and strives to ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Best Recruiters at American Mobile

Pros

My recruiter is the absolute best. She has gone above and beyond to help me throughout the entire travel nursing experience. She continues to keep me updated on available positions and really looks out for my best interest in every way.

Cons

I left my secure job , home, and family, in North East Ohio to pursue a more financial, stable and exciting travel positon in Tucson, Arizona. The assignment cancelled after day 4 which left me in a terrible situation. The hospital reported "lack of work" when I attempted to apply for unemployment. American Moblile reported a "mismatch" of work skills. Either way, I was out of a job, unemployed, miles from home, and no where to turn. No other positions where available at the time in Arizona, so I drove to Calif, where I fortunately had family members , and to stay with while I awaited the processing of my California license. I was unemployed for over 2 1/2 months before I decided to head back to the east coast, where I found a position in DC. My California license took over 4 months to process.

After my first travel experience in Tucson, Arizona, I will never accept another position unless I am personally interviewed by the manager on the assigned unit. I was not interviewed by any staff from Tucson Medical Center before I was hired for the travel position. I cannot begin to tell you the hardship I experienced as a result. I quit my job, packed up my life, and headed to Tucson. After only the second day on the unit , my contract was cancelled. Additionally, I was told I would have two days of orientation on the floor. After one day, I was left on my own with a workload that was unacceptable, while other nurses sat on the computer on FB or did homework. The nursing staff I worked with was confused that the hospital had hired Travelers. The nurses told me there was not even enough work for them. Nurses were being cancelled and sent home due to lack of work. These comments led me to question why I was hired as a traveler and then cancelled from my contract so quickly.

Great service, wonderful people to work with!!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

Pros

I have been looking for employment for several months and as other nurse recruiters in the beginning were actively touching base with me every so often, they have seem to have lost interest in finding me a job. But, Staci who lives in San Diego has stuck with me for the last couple of months, not "forgetting" about me and checking in with me as well as telling me about job opportunities at least once or twice every two weeks. She is awesome. And when Staci found me employment, then Tracelle took over with getting me all squared away with the forms I needed and is a very nice person. I look forward to having a long relationship with American Mobile with many opportunities for employment.

Cons

Really, can't think of one thing, honestly.

Excellent 1st Time Travel Experience!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Since my very first contact with NursesRx this company has been exceptional. Stacy, the first to reach out to me when I expressed interest from their website, continued as my personal recruiter. She listened to me. Read that sentence again! She found me the perfect position, based exactly on what I wanted. Plus, she returns my calls and emails within hours when I have a question or need help ... even remembering to call me on my first day to make sure to wish me luck! Next I met Natalie, who arranged my housing. The initial housing complex was very nice, even on water(!), but something about it just didn't feel like home to me. No problem! Again, Natalie listened to what I wanted and found me the perfect apartment. I couldn't have done better myself! And Jennifer in payroll has gone above and beyond to make sure my hours and pay is exactly what it should be, no arguments. I'm already looking over what opportunities are available to me for my next assignment! California, Las Vegas, Florida, Boston? I'm having a great time ... this is exactly what I hoped travel nursing would be!

Cons

The pre-employment process took longer than I thought it would. Not a negative experience, but thorough. Be prepared to offer proof of immunizations, take an online test proving competency in your field, and fill out several forms. Expect about 10 days to two weeks to get this stuff pulled together before starting an assignment.

i loved working for american mobile and would work for them again in a heartbeat

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Seattle, WA

Pros

I loved my recruiter and she was so helpful, I worked at the va in seattle, and it was one of the best years of my life.

Cons

no cons it is a great company.

Excellent experience

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

I only took one position with American Mobile but I had an excellent experience. They were able to find something in the area I was looking, and the hospital was superb. They treated me well at the hospital, as did the American Mobile Staff. I highly recommend American Mobile, and would love to keep an ongoing relationship with American Mobile.

Cons

Great opportunities, friendly staff, wonderful compensation.

RECRUITER JACKIE NELSON WAS THE BEST!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Miami, FL

Pros

I worked with Jackie Nelson for multiple assignments who gave 110% effort to make sure
    I was safe and secure, and was doing ok with my assignment.
    I highly recc Jackie Nielson for recruiter.I worked in Miami and Jackie made sure
    everything was ok with my assignment. She went the extra mile to help me.

Cons

Nothing. I had no complaints when working with am mobile.

Promote jackie nelson.

Overall great experience

Current Employee - Professional Registered Nurse  in  Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Registered Nurse in Santa Cruz, CA

Pros

Great team of recruiters and ancillary staff to help you during your travel experiences. Extensive selection of positions, great locations and facilities. I would recommend AMN for your travel assignment.

Cons

No cons worth mentioning, it is what it is. If your in the position to travel, its worth the adventure.

Worked for American Mobile Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!