American Mobile Healthcare

Updated February 12, 2015
Updated February 12, 2015
3.9

Susan Salka

Everyone is very friendly and helpful with any questions you have.

Current Employee - Sonographer in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Sonographer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've only worked with AMN for a short time,but my experience so far has been great. I would recommend other to work AMN.

Cons

I wasn't very pleased with the housing. It seems that most travel companies try to keep housing on the cheaper end. Which the place you live,temporarily,should be a very important and almost feel like home.

Putting yourself in the shoes of the traveling health care workers could help. This would give you an idea of what you would want if you were on a travel assignment for work.

Awesome first experience

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I took my first assignment with AMN. I was hesitant after mixed reviews, but I have to stay that I had a wonderful experience. AMN is the largest travel
    company with so many jobs all over the country. Want to go to CO, NY, Southern CA, Northern CA, FL, etc etc?? They will have a job there.
    I looked up ER jobs with other travel companies and found an average of maybe 3, AMN had over 60 positions in Southern CA, and the awesome big cities too.
    The most important thing is your recruiter. If they don't call you back or answer all your questions, you might want to get another recruiter. I was lucky and adore mine. She has gone above and beyond and got me everything I asked for, making my experience 5 stars. I recommend the company. The money isn't the highest paying out of all the travel nursing companies BUT you get to explore the best places of the country! Wherever you've wanted to go, AMN will probably have an assignment there.

Cons

Lower hourly pay than other companies but lots of positions all over country. I lived in Beverly Hills... I wasn't making as much as some of my coworkers but I lived in an amazing place and still made more as a traveler than I did as staff at home.. Can't have it all.

Teresa is an awesome!! Because of her, I am living it up in West LA, exploring the beaches, hiking the mountains and enjoying the night life. She deserves some recognition.

Great service, wonderful people to work with!!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been looking for employment for several months and as other nurse recruiters in the beginning were actively touching base with me every so often, they have seem to have lost interest in finding me a job. But, Staci who lives in San Diego has stuck with me for the last couple of months, not "forgetting" about me and checking in with me as well as telling me about job opportunities at least once or twice every two weeks. She is awesome. And when Staci found me employment, then Tracelle took over with getting me all squared away with the forms I needed and is a very nice person. I look forward to having a long relationship with American Mobile with many opportunities for employment.

Cons

Really, can't think of one thing, honestly.

Excellent 1st Time Travel Experience!!

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Since my very first contact with NursesRx this company has been exceptional. Stacy, the first to reach out to me when I expressed interest from their website, continued as my personal recruiter. She listened to me. Read that sentence again! She found me the perfect position, based exactly on what I wanted. Plus, she returns my calls and emails within hours when I have a question or need help ... even remembering to call me on my first day to make sure to wish me luck! Next I met Natalie, who arranged my housing. The initial housing complex was very nice, even on water(!), but something about it just didn't feel like home to me. No problem! Again, Natalie listened to what I wanted and found me the perfect apartment. I couldn't have done better myself! And Jennifer in payroll has gone above and beyond to make sure my hours and pay is exactly what it should be, no arguments. I'm already looking over what opportunities are available to me for my next assignment! California, Las Vegas, Florida, Boston? I'm having a great time ... this is exactly what I hoped travel nursing would be!

Cons

The pre-employment process took longer than I thought it would. Not a negative experience, but thorough. Be prepared to offer proof of immunizations, take an online test proving competency in your field, and fill out several forms. Expect about 10 days to two weeks to get this stuff pulled together before starting an assignment.

Great Opportunity and Learning Experience!

Current Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Rochester, NY
    Current Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Rochester, NY

Pros

The Staff was great! Always available to answer any questions and concerns. I traveled with a friend and we shared an apartment. They even gave us a choice of apartments to choose from. It was a beautiful home away from home. As an LPN this was a great opportunity for both of us. I would highly recommend and have recommended many times... American Mobile :)

Cons

As an LPN, locations/positions are limited.

The Best Recruiters at American Mobile

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare

Pros

My recruiter is the absolute best. She has gone above and beyond to help me throughout the entire travel nursing experience. She continues to keep me updated on available positions and really looks out for my best interest in every way.

Cons

I left my secure job , home, and family, in North East Ohio to pursue a more financial, stable and exciting travel positon in Tucson, Arizona. The assignment cancelled after day 4 which left me in a terrible situation. The hospital reported "lack of work" when I attempted to apply for unemployment. American Moblile reported a "mismatch" of work skills. Either way, I was out of a job, unemployed, miles from home, and no where to turn. No other positions where available at the time in Arizona, so I drove to Calif, where I fortunately had family members , and to stay with while I awaited the processing of my California license. I was unemployed for over 2 1/2 months before I decided to head back to the east coast, where I found a position in DC. My California license took over 4 months to process.

After my first travel experience in Tucson, Arizona, I will never accept another position unless I am personally interviewed by the manager on the assigned unit. I was not interviewed by any staff from Tucson Medical Center before I was hired for the travel position. I cannot begin to tell you the hardship I experienced as a result. I quit my job, packed up my life, and headed to Tucson. After only the second day on the unit , my contract was cancelled. Additionally, I was told I would have two days of orientation on the floor. After one day, I was left on my own with a workload that was unacceptable, while other nurses sat on the computer on FB or did homework. The nursing staff I worked with was confused that the hospital had hired Travelers. The nurses told me there was not even enough work for them. Nurses were being cancelled and sent home due to lack of work. These comments led me to question why I was hired as a traveler and then cancelled from my contract so quickly.

i loved working for american mobile and would work for them again in a heartbeat

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Seattle, WA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved my recruiter and she was so helpful, I worked at the va in seattle, and it was one of the best years of my life.

Cons

no cons it is a great company.

Excellent experience

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse

Pros

I only took one position with American Mobile but I had an excellent experience. They were able to find something in the area I was looking, and the hospital was superb. They treated me well at the hospital, as did the American Mobile Staff. I highly recommend American Mobile, and would love to keep an ongoing relationship with American Mobile.

Cons

Great opportunities, friendly staff, wonderful compensation.

RECRUITER JACKIE NELSON WAS THE BEST!

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Miami, FL
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Miami, FL

Pros

I worked with Jackie Nelson for multiple assignments who gave 110% effort to make sure
    I was safe and secure, and was doing ok with my assignment.
    I highly recc Jackie Nielson for recruiter.I worked in Miami and Jackie made sure
    everything was ok with my assignment. She went the extra mile to help me.

Cons

Nothing. I had no complaints when working with am mobile.

Promote jackie nelson.

Overall great experience

Current Contractor - Professional Registered Nurse in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Contractor - Professional Registered Nurse in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team of recruiters and ancillary staff to help you during your travel experiences. Extensive selection of positions, great locations and facilities. I would recommend AMN for your travel assignment.

Cons

No cons worth mentioning, it is what it is. If your in the position to travel, its worth the adventure.

American Mobile Healthcare Photos