American Mobile Healthcare

Susan Salka

1. Featured Review

Awesome first experience

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I took my first assignment with AMN. I was hesitant after mixed reviews, but I have to stay that I had a wonderful experience. AMN is the largest travel
    company with so many jobs all over the country. Want to go to CO, NY, Southern CA, Northern CA, FL, etc etc?? They will have a job there.
    I looked up ER jobs with other travel companies and found an average of maybe 3, AMN had over 60 positions in Southern CA, and the awesome big cities too.
    The most important thing is your recruiter. If they don't call you back or answer all your questions, you might want to get another recruiter. I was lucky and adore mine. She has gone above and beyond and got me everything I asked for, making my experience 5 stars. I recommend the company. The money isn't the highest paying out of all the travel nursing companies BUT you get to explore the best places of the country! Wherever you've wanted to go, AMN will probably have an assignment there.

Cons

Lower hourly pay than other companies but lots of positions all over country. I lived in Beverly Hills... I wasn't making as much as some of my coworkers but I lived in an amazing place and still made more as a traveler than I did as staff at home.. Can't have it all.

Teresa is an awesome!! Because of her, I am living it up in West LA, exploring the beaches, hiking the mountains and enjoying the night life. She deserves some recognition.

Recruiters use u to get promoted

I worked at American Mobile Healthcare as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Was great to work for the first year. s lot of Great Jobs!

Cons

Recruiter got recruiter of the year and then another promotion and all of a sudden the jobs stopped coming and finally the dropped me.

Be up front with your nurses they are the ones busting their butts for u and getting harressed on the job. You need to listen to ur nursing staff more.

Good experience

Former Employee - Critical Care RN in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Critical Care RN in Naples, FL

I worked at American Mobile Healthcare

Pros

Flexible. Pick where you want to go.

Cons

Not finding the places you want to go.

I have had a pleasurable experience so far with AMN.

Current Employee - Critical Care RN in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Critical Care RN in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I have the best recruiters Dana Bluestone and Chiaron Barry,. If it weren't for those 2 I would probably be with another company. They have made sure that I an taken care of and happy, That means everything.

Cons

Not sure what downfalls area with AMN,. They are the first and only travel company that I have used, However, from fellow travelers I have been told that AMN is the least paying company,

The Wal-Mart of travel nursing

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare

Pros

Recruiters will make or break any travel company!! And I have been working with mine for several years now-- she is amazing. AMN is in no way the best paying company; they do, however, have the majority of the jobs. It is because of that and my recruiter that I stay with them.

Cons

Impersonal. Too big of a company to truly know their nurses. Are not up front with benefits available. Does not offer top pay. Change their ancillary staff with every single job assignment-- quality analyst, housing, benefits (and its not like they introduce themselves, just email you a to do list or you have to hunt down your contact if you have questions). No contract ever allows for sick days.

Give your nurses the impression that you are looking out for them-- something I've never heard anyone say of AMN.

Everyone is very friendly and helpful with any questions you have.

Current Employee - Sonographer in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Sonographer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've only worked with AMN for a short time,but my experience so far has been great. I would recommend other to work AMN.

Cons

I wasn't very pleased with the housing. It seems that most travel companies try to keep housing on the cheaper end. Which the place you live,temporarily,should be a very important and almost feel like home.

Putting yourself in the shoes of the traveling health care workers could help. This would give you an idea of what you would want if you were on a travel assignment for work.

dependable company

Pros

well paid jobs and good

Cons

availability of agent when needed ,calling and leave message and not called back

Negotiate your contract!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working 3 months and take off whatever time you want between contracts.

Cons

Negotiate your housing stipend. I've gotten over $1000 more than what they offered. EVERYTHING is negotiable. Also negotiate them to fly you home between extensions if you extend your contract.

Don't treat your employees like dollar signs. Every year it's getting worse and more obvious- this is why I left.

American Mobile Healthcare Response

Aug 5, 2014Division Vice President, Travel Nurse Recruitment

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and I am sorry to hear you have been unhappy with parts of your American Mobile experience recently. American Mobile values its travelers and strives to ... More

Pays on time and is very reputable

Current Employee - RN Case Manager, Home Health in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager, Home Health in Roseville, CA

Pros

Exclusive contracts with Kaiser Permanente.

Cons

Poor pay compared to what hospital-employed nurses make.

Increase the base wage for your travelers. Becasue it is too low we seek full time employment with local hospitals. I have know many of my fellow travelers leave AMN and get permanent employment

Great service, wonderful people to work with!!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been looking for employment for several months and as other nurse recruiters in the beginning were actively touching base with me every so often, they have seem to have lost interest in finding me a job. But, Staci who lives in San Diego has stuck with me for the last couple of months, not "forgetting" about me and checking in with me as well as telling me about job opportunities at least once or twice every two weeks. She is awesome. And when Staci found me employment, then Tracelle took over with getting me all squared away with the forms I needed and is a very nice person. I look forward to having a long relationship with American Mobile with many opportunities for employment.

Cons

Really, can't think of one thing, honestly.

American Mobile Healthcare Photos