American Renal Associates Reviews

1. Middle of the road company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

I worked at American Renal Associates

Pros

Coworkers were great to work with but no one really seemed thrilled to work here, it was more of just a paycheck.

Cons

They use a third party HR company so the HR rep. In the company always passed the buck on any question just referring you to outside company.

None

2. Have been with ARA 4+ years after 14 with another dialysis company

Current Employee - Dialysis RN
    Current Employee - Dialysis RN

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. Employees take pride in their work, and create a professional, friendly environment. Our CM is fair and always willing to lend a hand or an ear.

Cons

There is disconnect with upper management but I've seen much worst in the past. I worked 2 of my 4 years in another unit and I would not recommend it. Employees were mean to new people and each other, the charge nurses (both men) and the CM kept up a running line of dirty jokes.

In my current position I have no complaints. Advice to management? Stop being buddies with your people, treat all employees with respect.

3. Disappointed. After making ARA my life - I was nothing more than a number. Very depressing.

Former Employee - Professional
    Former Employee - Professional

I worked at American Renal Associates

Pros

A paycheck. Thankfully the patients are treated better than the staff.

Cons

Poor management, poor communication between decision makers and those suffering the consequences of those decisions. No value offered for your employment. Little available for promotion options. The only perk may be an occasional Starbucks card. When you reach the point that everything you have to give is gone, you will be asked to squeeze more out of yourself without a simple "Thank you".

Management makers are not in touch with their employees and corporate members are more clueless. Leadership is non-existing as everything gets managed by a third party (HR, payroll) It leaves little responsibility for managers and corporate officers to make ---- after all "it's out of their hands. Call 1-800 and wait on hold for an answer". Management and corporate ONLY have $ signs on their brains. Greed exceeds quality of care.

5. Very disappointing experience

Current Employee - Social Worker
    Current Employee - Social Worker

I have been working at American Renal Associates

Pros

I love my patients and coworkers..

Cons

Corporate treats clinic employees very poorly. No respect, no recognition for our hard work. Corporate is disorganized, provides almost no training to new employees, and then tears us apart when we say we did not know how we are supposed to do our jobs.. No 401K match.

Try to focus more on the good work that we are doing, rather than picking us apart for minor mistakes. We work very hard and need a pat on the back once in awhile. Employee morale is very poor at my clinic. To our CEO: please get involved with how poorly your top management people are treating us and explain we deserve to be treated with respect.

6. Fantastic company to work for!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazingly employee focused company that cares about its staff, patients and physicians.

Cons

I have no cons for this company.

Continue to focus on doing the right thing and provide excellent patient care.

Extremely Unprofessional, Dirty Unit, Critical Nursing errors, Corporate is a joke.

Former Employee - Ccht in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Ccht in Denver, CO

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful patients, hour lunch. Some co workers make the long hours less hard.

Cons

Poor management, unprofessional demeanor of Charge Nurse, poor employee scheduling, shortened "turn over" time, absolutely no help from lazy nurses, Corporate is always rude when called.

Please hire team players. Take critical complaints seriously, disallow gossip on treatment floor, our patients hear everything. The patients are ill. Do you really think they need to worry about unstable caregivers? I would never recommend anyone to dialyze here.

Just like High School!

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and ability to use overtime hours works as PTO. Most lower level employees seemed to be hourly which was great during busier times because the opportunity to earn overtime was there.

Cons

If you don't like cliques, catty 30-something year old women or HR departments that brush things under the rug then this isn't the company for you. It felt just like high school all over again. I saw more grown women cry while working there than I think I did during the ending of Marley & Me. Corporate is a disaster. Most of the nurses and employees at the clinics had zero organizational skills.

Stop protecting and promoting the bad apples. Don't let one or two people spoil the potential to have legitimate hardworking employees.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Ccht
    Current Employee - Ccht

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Usually a flexible work schedule depending on which unit you work. Most staff is great to work with.

Cons

There is little respect for employees from regional managers. Human resources makes up their own rules on an given day.

10. Not aware of clinical moves

Former Employee - RN Charge in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - RN Charge in Richmond, VA

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

quality equipment, willing to get the best equipment needed

Cons

Upper management unaware of lower management manipulation

Be more involved at clinical employee levels

11. current employee of Pineville ky

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pineville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pineville, KY

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

patients are amazing here. Our manager on the other hand, no one likes her and shes out to cut everyone throat behind their backs

Cons

Cooperate needs more involved in the management here. Cooperate has been told on several occasions but decides to not get involved. We have lost some really good staff and patients here. Lisa is not a person to work for. I strongly discourage anyone from working there. Hopefully I won't be much longer!

Close the place.