American Renal Associates

Updated December 4, 2014
Updated December 4, 2014
2.6

CEO

Not aware of clinical moves

Former Employee - RN Charge in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - RN Charge in Richmond, VA

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

quality equipment, willing to get the best equipment needed

Cons

Upper management unaware of lower management manipulation

Be more involved at clinical employee levels

Just like High School!

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and ability to use overtime hours works as PTO. Most lower level employees seemed to be hourly which was great during busier times because the opportunity to earn overtime was there.

Cons

If you don't like cliques, catty 30-something year old women or HR departments that brush things under the rug then this isn't the company for you. It felt just like high school all over again. I saw more grown women cry while working there than I think I did during the ending of Marley & Me. Corporate is a disaster. Most of the nurses and employees at the clinics had zero organizational skills.

Stop protecting and promoting the bad apples. Don't let one or two people spoil the potential to have legitimate hardworking employees.

Extremely Unprofessional, Dirty Unit, Critical Nursing errors, Corporate is a joke.

Former Employee - Ccht in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Ccht in Denver, CO

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful patients, hour lunch. Some co workers make the long hours less hard.

Cons

Poor management, unprofessional demeanor of Charge Nurse, poor employee scheduling, shortened "turn over" time, absolutely no help from lazy nurses, Corporate is always rude when called.

Please hire team players. Take critical complaints seriously, disallow gossip on treatment floor, our patients hear everything. The patients are ill. Do you really think they need to worry about unstable caregivers? I would never recommend anyone to dialyze here.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Ccht
    Current Employee - Ccht

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Usually a flexible work schedule depending on which unit you work. Most staff is great to work with.

Cons

There is little respect for employees from regional managers. Human resources makes up their own rules on an given day.

current employee of Pineville ky

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pineville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pineville, KY

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

patients are amazing here. Our manager on the other hand, no one likes her and shes out to cut everyone throat behind their backs

Cons

Cooperate needs more involved in the management here. Cooperate has been told on several occasions but decides to not get involved. We have lost some really good staff and patients here. Lisa is not a person to work for. I strongly discourage anyone from working there. Hopefully I won't be much longer!

Close the place.

Great work and intresting

Current Employee - Tech
    Current Employee - Tech

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the best part of the job was learning about the water system and how the machines work. another was working with the patience's.

Cons

it was great at first but they leave alot of "grey areas" to the job. they are sometimes not fair on hours, jobs request and much more.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator/Medical Collector in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator/Medical Collector in Beverly, MA

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, management appeciates the work you do, great people to work with.

Cons

PTO a bit confusing and no 401K match

PTO a bit limited for new corporate employess with many years of office/work experience but no dialysis experience. More structured trainging program for new employees.

Supervisor's manage from a distance..

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Denver, CO

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

thank goodness or it would be unbearable..

Cons

because mainly, when they DO fly into town, they proceed to pick apart the staff's performance using intimidation, threats, and humiliation. I suppose this is done to make it appear (to their own manager's) as if they ARE actually doing something?! Even if there's some degree of truth to what's being said, it's far TOO critical and disrespectful in the manner of presentation, & often extremely unrealistic in terms of the expectations... Really thought it had been established that this style of management simply does not inspire or motivate people who work..for anyone.. anywhere..ever..?

Please get your employee's who are in positions of management some updated training! The present practices that are in place are "old school ". Your employee's are NOT cattle who need "prodding". They are human-beings who deserve respect and want to go home each day knowing they made a contribution and that they are valued as ARA team members.

Have had better jobs

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time

Pros

Patients you serve each day

Cons

Technologically is really lacking compared to others

Invest in technology for the company

Great company! Great job! Great resources for any questions needed.

I have been working at American Renal Associates part-time

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Reimbursement for travel, Medical Director is part owner, Great support

Cons

few locations available in rural areas