American Renal Associates Reviews

1 Rating

Tough work/life balance

Former Employee - Social Worker in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Social Worker in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- great pay, decent benefits - Dr was caring for his patients really had their best interest at heart (often before money) - flexible work hours (also a con see below) - great coworkers, good moral, overall the people really made it a great place to work - good support from cooperate, had a coordinator that was amazing at helping me get everything done in a day

Cons

- I struggled with having a balance of work/life, I had patients in clinic also 24 hrs a day certain days and I struggled with who got my attention or was ignored that day (for ex if a 7:30a chair patient needed my assistance and a 9pm patient needed me, who was seen- so I ended up being there literally all day) - huge clinic I worked by myself without assistance (135 clients at one point) -my dr often took on high psychosocial needs patients, that needed more care then I could provide (homeless patients, high mental health needs patients) -management didn't know exactly what I did nor what I could do to better serve my patients - I spent a lot of time coordinating travel/transportation, another person could have done this, often things would 'fall to the bottom of the funnel' to me even though they weren't social work related - I really felt like a glorified paper pusher at the end of day - I couldn't use the clinical skills I took all the time to learn and perfect, I rarely had time to conduct threaputic interventions

Advice to Management

-There was to be a max number of patients for 1 social worker to handle, possibly 100, an assistant or another part time social worker would have been helpful, and it would have given me time to do more theaputic interventions - pay hourly so overtime can be given, I didn't mind working 60 works a week but I wouldn't have burnt out if I was paid for them -quarterly meetings with the other local social workers would have helped the feeling of isolation and might have helped with problem solving for those high sw usage patients

2. Mediocre

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Arlington, TX

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. No micro managing. Provides the tools you need to get job done. Offers training and promoting.

Cons

Very heavy job load with not enough pay. Some managers promoting a culture of dog eat dog. VO makes sure you stay in your place & not speak up.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff

Underpaid overworked and underappreciated

Current Employee - Facility Technical Manager in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Facility Technical Manager in Warner Robins, GA

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very liberal technical department that lacks in leadership it needs more structure to survive or to be contracted out completely

Cons

Clinical has no apparent chain of command and lacks discipline and authority. Healthcare professionals within the company need to be more disciplined and less leeway at the clinical level.

Advice to Management

*Restructuring immediately and build an internal human resources department stop contracting out

5. Good Pay/Benefits

Current Employee - Collections
    Current Employee - Collections

I have been working at American Renal Associates

Pros

Good Pay Vacation Benefits Awesome Coworkers Good work life balance

Cons

No room for growth Those who are moved up don't do anything-just threaten to quit unless they get moved up Employees are undervalued Micromanaged

Advice to Management

Treat your long standing employees with dignity not those who threaten to leave.

6. patient care technician

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at American Renal Associates

Pros

I am happy to be part of the ARA

Cons

None at all, No Complain or anything at all

Advice to Management

nothing

7. Have been with ARA 4+ years after 14 with another dialysis company

Current Employee - Dialysis RN
    Current Employee - Dialysis RN

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. Employees take pride in their work, and create a professional, friendly environment. Our CM is fair and always willing to lend a hand or an ear.

Cons

There is disconnect with upper management but I've seen much worst in the past. I worked 2 of my 4 years in another unit and I would not recommend it. Employees were mean to new people and each other, the charge nurses (both men) and the CM kept up a running line of dirty jokes.

Advice to Management

In my current position I have no complaints. Advice to management? Stop being buddies with your people, treat all employees with respect.

8. Middle of the road company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

I worked at American Renal Associates

Pros

Coworkers were great to work with but no one really seemed thrilled to work here, it was more of just a paycheck.

Cons

They use a third party HR company so the HR rep. In the company always passed the buck on any question just referring you to outside company.

Advice to Management

None

Disappointed. After making ARA my life - I was nothing more than a number. Very depressing.

Former Employee - Professional
    Former Employee - Professional

I worked at American Renal Associates

Pros

A paycheck. Thankfully the patients are treated better than the staff.

Cons

Poor management, poor communication between decision makers and those suffering the consequences of those decisions. No value offered for your employment. Little available for promotion options. The only perk may be an occasional Starbucks card. When you reach the point that everything you have to give is gone, you will be asked to squeeze more out of yourself without a simple "Thank you".

Advice to Management

Management makers are not in touch with their employees and corporate members are more clueless. Leadership is non-existing as everything gets managed by a third party (HR, payroll) It leaves little responsibility for managers and corporate officers to make ---- after all "it's out of their hands. Call 1-800 and wait on hold for an answer". Management and corporate ONLY have $ signs on their brains. Greed exceeds quality of care.

10. Fantastic company to work for!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazingly employee focused company that cares about its staff, patients and physicians.

Cons

I have no cons for this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on doing the right thing and provide excellent patient care.

11. Very disappointing experience

Current Employee - Social Worker
    Current Employee - Social Worker

I have been working at American Renal Associates

Pros

I love my patients and coworkers..

Cons

Corporate treats clinic employees very poorly. No respect, no recognition for our hard work. Corporate is disorganized, provides almost no training to new employees, and then tears us apart when we say we did not know how we are supposed to do our jobs.. No 401K match.

Advice to Management

Try to focus more on the good work that we are doing, rather than picking us apart for minor mistakes. We work very hard and need a pat on the back once in awhile. Employee morale is very poor at my clinic. To our CEO: please get involved with how poorly your top management people are treating us and explain we deserve to be treated with respect.

RSS Feed </> Embed