American Security Programs

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lynn Oliver

Previous reviews are very accurate.

Site Supervisor (Former Employee) Dulles, VA

ProsOnly had one manager that was firm but fair to all.

ConsUnless you are a favorite of the managers you don't have a snowballs chance in hell of progressing with the company. It was like pulling teeth to receive time off, unless you are dying, and have someone to cover your shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest, and accountable stop passing the buck like cowards. Treat all officers equal. On many occasions officers that received corrective action reports were not reprimanded, one was promoted, while another officer was forced to quit because of a personal vendetta against him.

Fire safety was my skills in this job.

Security Officer (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsIt taught me safety hazards because that's my job. I had to bend, walk , stooped and look for fire in the North High School.

ConsThere were not enough help at the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would be a team member and help you with my ideas to support the team.

Management treatment of Officers is criminal

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThey pay a fair wage if they could ever get your pay correct; You never see management so there are no hassles.

ConsPay consistently wrong; Management that is absent; Post orders are wrong, outdated, have incorrect information and appear to have been copied and pasted; Managers call when they need something; Time off requests are ignored; No follow up by managers; Management only cares about filling posts; No development program of any kind and no on line training.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you would ask for feedback or visit the site once in a while, other than at contract renewal, and spend some time talking to me I could tell you the issues at the site. Anyone who speaks up is labled as a trouble maker and usually short lived for the site. What happened to the old managers that cared and did actual work. There are alot of idea people but few workers. These folks are near death and appear to have no interest in anything other than taking a nap and avoiding the sites they serve.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

WORSE Security Company!!!! (lies lies lies and dishonesty)

Security Officer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsEasy to get hired

ConsToo many to mention but Management was very poor, they are very dishonest and do not care about clients or employees

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to Manage, care bout your clients and your officers not just making your paycheck!

Apathetic Management with Sleepy Thinkers

Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsPay you as required by law

ConsManagement does not care, Uniforms fit only fat old people, Post Orders 5 yeears old, Only hear from management when they want you to work. Pay consistently wrong. I have to fax my paperwork in. No

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees, provide a little training, pretend to care

checking in and out trucks on the site

Security Officer (Current Employee) Charleston, WV

Prosmeeting new people that comes from the different of the country

Consdoing all of the paper work

Advice to Senior Managementalways willing to listen to you if you have a problem

Great

ProsI loved working at American Security Programs

ConsAmerican Security Programs is the lowest bidder on a lot of contracts, but it makes it easier for them to hire more people even at a lower rate

American Security Programs is the Worse Security Company

Security Supervisor (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsEasy to get a job,

ConsToo Many where do we start:
    Horrible Managers the Executive Team is invisible and who ever they are they do not care and this comes from the Mid-level Managers. So it is hard to blame them for not caring.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere has to be a reason why you went into the Security Business, Try to remember why you did this and start caring about your job and your employees. Even if the Ownership lies and steals from everyone you should stay focus on your job. Have pride in what you do and once you succeed in becoming a good Manager find a new job

Management Crash

Security Officer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsWork without fear of being hassled

ConsPay wrong.
    Corrections never happen.
    Post Order have wrong information and lack directive.
    Managers are old and have not had a new idea since turn of century.
    Lot's of talk but no real action.
    Managers are great thinkers but don't really work.
    Hot after hours. I take my shirt off because no one cared. No one checks so I don't care either.

Terrible Management and Communication Among All.

Security Officer (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsEasy to get hired for the most part.

ConsLack of communication between management, and security officers.
    No care for the employees and medical conditions.
    Paycheck is WRONG and SHORT every week, and it takes at least 1 month to get it fixed.
    Requesting time off? Don't think about it, you will be told you got it off, and then be scheduled anyway
    Corporate managements says one thing and the account manager says another.
    Favortism within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better grip on the company. Talk with your employees and fix all things. Communication is key in any field, here it is not relevant.

Worked for American Security Programs? Contribute to the Community!