American Senior Benefits

www.americanseniorbenefits.com

American Senior Benefits Reviews

4.3

CEO

The most rewarding career as an advisor helping people understand the questions of retirement.

Current Employee - Associate Partner  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Associate Partner in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for several companies in my lifetime...I ENJOY my career with this company where the client and the staff are placed first above all else -- they care more about the people than any sales. They provide free benefits to the community, support numerous non-profit organizations, help children and grandchildren with college tuition through SAGE Scholarship. (I appreciate this with my own children) The agents set appointments regarding the changes / confusion concerning Medicare to help Seniors understand their benefits and have sold over 360 Medicare Supplements this year where they will have little to no out-of-pocket expenses.

Cons

As with any sales type career there is rejection on the phone --- everyone is at a different place with their needs at different times in their lives....what may not be important to you now, definitely becomes the most important agenda with life's many changes. I appreciate the fact this was clearly addressed during my interview process and it has never been hidden from anyone.....clients included, what they do with the information is entirely up to them.

Deceptive interview, huge-ego managers, unhealthy environment

Former Employee - Insrance Sales, Essentially  in  Traverse City, MI
    Former Employee - Insrance Sales, Essentially in Traverse City, MI

I worked at American Senior Benefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity does exist to earn strong income, but only if you sell your soul and like working a lot more than you like your family.

Cons

Sales managers have huge arrogant egos. The interview was deceptive in that we were not told that cold calling would be major source of prospecting. The sales process is unethical because the premise of entering the prospects home to "educate" them on the "changes with Medicare" is just a muse. Once in front of people we we were trained to hard sell toward annuity products. It was very uncomfortable to ask people for all of their investment statements, policy records, and bank records during that very first appointment. Especially when we set the appointments based only on Medicare changes.

No advice other than to care about something other than money, power, and more money.

The Best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Junior Associate  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Junior Associate in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time

Pros

At the end of the day I can go home knowing that what I have done is truly helping the Senior Community. It is a driven environment that puts the Senior community first while at the same time allowing employees to grow and discover their true potential.

Cons

The days can exceed 12 hours

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time

Pros

Will gain work ethics you would never find with any other career. Helping people and making a living at the same time. Cannot pay yourself out of a job, the more money you make for yourself the better.

Cons

Long hours on the phone. Some people cannot be helped or refused to be helped even though their situation could be improved by our services.

Keep up the same ethics and values.

A career where you can realize your dreams

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at American Senior Benefits as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

Tremendous training and support from getting your insurance license to learning products and salesmanship. Experienced management staff with an inspiring vision and tangible goals to help you achieve it. Terrific resources and a top notch office. The best opportunity you can find if you are positive and driven to succeed.

Cons

In any sales career, you do face rejection so succeeding in this business requires you to be tough-minded. Working to build your business in the first 6 months sometimes results in a 40+ hour week.

I appreciate the vision and leadership of our management team!

Great place to work - There is a team here to help you grow in the business

Current Employee - Associate  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Associate in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at American Senior Benefits as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Base + Commission - Provides some security in a commission career. State of Michigan Pre-Licensing Education Paid for you. Partnership Approach - go out in the field with Managers and Team Members. Very Competitive compensation - Best in the Industry. Renewal Income. Great Office Space. Leads. Support.

Cons

You will get rejected in this business. In sales that is the reality. It is not for everyone. You have to have a thick skin or tough-minded mentality. Some nights you do get home past 7pm.

I think they do a great job. I appreciate the support.

Great Opportunity, Growth and Success!

Current Employee - Associate Partner  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Associate Partner in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth as an individual and a professional. Ability to meet long term goals in a short amount of time. Partnership program to help new individuals learn and succeed in this business field. Strong core values with a great culture. Making positive impacts on people and families in our communities. High Expectations with a positive attitude (keys to success)

Cons

Commission only career, No benefits.

Great Career Opportunity

Current Employee - Field Producer/Financial Specialist  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Field Producer/Financial Specialist in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Top tier management skills from veteran agents and managers
    - Ability to earn 90-100k in the first 2 years of working
    - Help senior citizens
    - Being able to see what you are worth professionally
    - Access to "A" rated insurance products for friends, family, and other clientele

Cons

There is nothing negative I have to say about this organization!

Keep consistent on the great work and building your team!

There's a reason why the slogan says "putting people back into the people business"

Current Employee - Junior Associate  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Junior Associate in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is committed to helping seniors. It is not only an ethical observation of how things should be, it is a passion. Every product we offer can only benefit our greatest generation.

Cons

Success takes sacrifice. You have to put in time to make yourself successful in any career worth having. Not everyone is capable of doing what we do, but then again, isn't that the way it should be?

ASB

Current Employee - Agent  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Agent in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a career that allows you to help people while getting paid very well to do it. I knew nothing about the insurance business before I started, but I have had a very knowledgeable team around me that has given me a great education. If you want a career that enables you to grow personally, professionally, and sometimes more importantly, financially, this is the career for you.

Cons

There is a lot to learn in a short amount of time, but this is to help you get ahead financially quicker.

Worked for American Senior Benefits? Contribute to the Community!