American Stock Transfer & Trust

Mark Healy

AML Compliance Consultant

Former Employee - AML Consultant in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - AML Consultant in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at American Stock Transfer & Trust as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with great, knowledgeable people.

Cons

They did not give consultants pass keys so each time we entered the building we had to sign in and have the guard call a manager to escort us to our floor.

Don't be stingy with the pass cards.

awful management

I worked at American Stock Transfer & Trust

Pros

great people working beside you.

Cons

HR held my retirement account, after I separated from service, for over a month. I had to leave a semi threatening voicemail in order to get any attention and to get the matter resolved. This company will screw you in more ways than you can even imagine.

you might just as well sell the company rather than run it and your great workers into the ground. Upper management has absolutely no business doing what they are doing. quit blaming the negative corporate culture on you employees and step up and take some responsibility yourselves.

If you don't brown nose you won't get anywhere.

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Ridgefield Park, NJ
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I worked at American Stock Transfer & Trust part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Money is good when there is work and overtime.

Cons

If you do your job right it doesn't matter. Favoritism is actively present. The management move up their relatives and grandfather them into management positions. They all act as if it's a high school. And if you kiss the right butt you will get ahead. This place is a huge joke. Very judge mental people. Quality assurance focuses on micromanaging the agents on the floor. If you want to get treated poorly being a good worker then work here.

Stop favoring the people that kiss your butts and take a look at the people that actually work for you.

company is going nowhere

Former Employee - Paring Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Paring Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at American Stock Transfer & Trust full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good people, most jobs are 8-4, 9-5, you get paid for lunch, decent benifits

Cons

no chance for upward mobility unless you know someone, bonus system for all overtime eligble employee is very unfair, raises are a joke

treat the employees better.

They will work you until you drop

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at American Stock Transfer & Trust full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Steady Monday-Friday . There is room for advancement but no pay increases until you prove yourself. There are many hardworking and friendly people at the company but they seem beaten down. Good benifits and paid time off.

Cons

Management needs to be reasonable.You have to wait to use the restroom at busy times(all day).Only management receives bonus for cracking their whips.Everything that goes on in the company is top secret and the rumors start. Oh and there is always a outbreakof bedbugs. I will give the company credit for treating this pest issue but someone is always bringing them back in. Parking is the worst if you start a later shift.

Treat your employees better and hire staff so you will not have such a high turnover. Let the employees know what is going on so they dont have to hear it second hand in the breakroom .

transfer analyst

Current Employee - Administration in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administration in New York, NY

I have been working at American Stock Transfer & Trust full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

company is a mid size company and there is plenty of room for improvement

Cons

Cohesiveness and consistency throughout business processes

Don't work here

Former Employee - Shareholder Administrator in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Shareholder Administrator in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at American Stock Transfer & Trust full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of overtime opportunities, Easy to get a job, Many weekends off

Cons

Little to no ability to advance, poor benefits, poor commuication with supervisors

listen to all employees and have some kind of incentive plan.

Unappreciated

I worked at American Stock Transfer & Trust as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I made a few good friends and networking contacts.

Cons

There are many but I'll only mention a few. First, there is a serious lack of appreciation. After working for over a year for a low, paid-by-the hour rate, with no benefits what so ever (not even paid days off or holidays no less a Christmas bonus) and numerous promises of a fulltime offer, I was cutoff due to "budgetary concerns". Second, my observation of the culture around me was that if you weren't a cling-on from the previous regime, a Manager or in the Fidelity click, you weren't going to go anywhere. Everyone else is a worker ant. Third, the location is terrible. It is in the middle of nowhere Brooklyn and is challenging to get to by mass transit...another example of disregard to employees. And fourth, bedbugs.

Show some appreciation and stop being cheap...promote the right people and share the wealth when you make $60MM. And they can do that in other ways if they don't want to pass on money directly such as more days off, a quality kitchen or subway cards.

"Highly not recommended"

I worked at American Stock Transfer & Trust full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You get to meet good people here.

Cons

I have a robust list but just a few I will state:

1) unappreciative of your work performance- people who really work, gets shafted vs the ones that sit at there desk and fiddle/shuffle papers get promoted.
    2) Too many family members which is a conflict of interest IMO
    3) Unethical style of management, back stabbing!
    4) Name the company Bony Mellon already since everybody's grandmother is coming in from there.

Read the reviews, potty train your management and appreciate your hard workers

This company is crooked and promise you the world to get work there then lie to your face about bonuses, benefits, pay..

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at American Stock Transfer & Trust full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay in US dollars. When made permanent after a yr or so of working temporary you work a 8hr day due to paid lunch. You get your own desk, phone, computer, and mouse!

Cons

They're too many to list. The best is bedbugs that always seem to come back. Work is stressful. Managers record everything you do on the computer and phone. You need to ask permission to get up from your desk like a child. They want you to be like a machine, but the place is unorganized group of nobodies that only hire family members and friends to promote them past people that've been there for years. Pay compared to what you make them is horrible. They made $80 mil profit and can't give bonuses to workers that made them that money. Just stay away if you can. If you need work they'll take you. But escape as soon as you can. They'll bring you review meetings and make you sign things that you don't get copies of. Real professional. So there goes your unemployment.

Stop hiring family and friends because they don't mix. Stop expecting perfection when you pay a dismal salary. Stop acting like the Stasi and remember the name, "AMERICAN Stock Transfer." Share the profit and maybe the people that work there will care and stop making foolish errors to impede your "business"