American Superconductor

Be The First To
Add Photos

American Superconductor President, CEO, and Director Daniel P. (Dan) McGahn

Daniel P. (Dan) McGahn

My experience at American Superconductor was very good, it was an excellent workplace.

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) Devens, MA

ProsThe technology was very interesting, the environment was conducive to learning, and the staff continues to be top notch.

ConsThe only downside to working at American Superconductor was the stability of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and retain more of the dedicated current employees, and bring back those who loved working there.

Long time employee, company is fighting for its life

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsGood people, casual work environment. Benefits are OK. They do pay people pretty well. But in order to get people to stay through the kind of collapse we have here now, they must pay well.

ConsSo many layoffs because of the Sinoval debacle that moral is in the toilet. It is completely unknown even to us on the inside whether the company will make it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop flying every executive all around the world in non-stop fashion instead of laying off more people next time

Poorly run company with out of touch management.

Director (Former Employee) Devens, MA

ProsPay was competitive with the market but don't expect advancement.

ConsDon't expect to make a difference or to have a management team that cares about the shareholders, customers or employees. One bad decision after another and poor product quality is the death toll for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Board needs to wake up and do what's right for the shareholders by replacing the entire management team. Also, continually suing their customers or being sued is a bad strategy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work if advancement is not important

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ayer, MA

ProsAn exciting fast paced environment on the cutting edge of a new technology. If you enjoy working on products and ideas that are revolutionary and one of a kind it is a place where you can be happy as long as you stay out of the "politics". Silence is golden enjoy your job.

ConsNot enough advancement from within. Company tends to go to the outside to fill positions rather than promote from within. If you vocalize disatisfaction with the status quo you are then viewed as a complainer and your chances for advancement dwindle even more. Way too much emphasis placed on political correctness. Showing your feelings is discouraged and frowned upon. Can sometimes be "Stepford" in to get along go along or else!

Advice to Senior Managementgive clearer paths to promotion and advancement. Improve employee recognition for a job well done. Do not shoot the messenger and understand when someone points out something that is upsetting to them it does not mean they are not a team player.

Very poorly managed company with lots of hidden agenda at the top and very poor leadership (none).

ProsIndependent of what you do and how bad you contribute, as long as you know the right person at the top you are fine. You dance to the music from the top you are safe.

ConsThere is NO leadership
    There is NO vision
    The so called leadership does not have a clue for the contributions that makes the goals met.
    Very sad place

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk
    You need to first identify who are the true leaders. You have not demonstrated to the working employees that you know this.
    Do not rely on those incompetant (in your terms) leadership.
    At the end of the day you need to be competent enough to pick the right leaders not those who tell you what you want to hear to safeguard their jobs and their agendas.

Worked for American Superconductor? Contribute to the Community!