American Support Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Matt Zemon

Pros
  • They have a True and honest work from home position (in 17 reviews)

• Co-workers are all very friendly and helpful, including supervisors (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Nobody to turn to if you are in upper management for guidance unless you are willing to be talked to as though you are the lowest person on the planet (in 5 reviews)

• To start off, our training class was for two weeks, in which we spent 2-3 days getting several people's computers set up in order to take calls (in 3 reviews)

1. Trainer

Former Employee - Trainer in Holly Hill, FL
    Former Employee - Trainer in Holly Hill, FL

I worked at American Support full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pays on-time, good company to work for

Cons

no real issues. Company has work, people get hired.

Advice to Management

no advice.

2. Comcast IB Sales

I have been working at American Support

Pros

Relaxed environment, friendly assistance, low stress job qualifications

Cons

Disorganization, lack of acceptable training, policies and procedures conflict with ability to service customers, unable to assist all customers

Advice to Management

Need more training time and once training is complete reps should have all systems available

3. Service Activation Representative (Charter)

Former Employee - Charter SAR in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Charter SAR in Athens, GA

I worked at American Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours, Understanding supervisor and manager, bonuses are available every week, no sales just keying orders and scheduling installs.

Cons

Pay increases are capped at 9.00 an hour. My insurance through UHC on the lowest of the 3 tiers came out to 200.00 a month.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and incentives for production. Contribute more to insurance so that employees have more take home pay.

5. Thank you CEO, Directors of HR

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Holly Hill, FL
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Holly Hill, FL

I have been working at American Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fair pay and bonuses for sales made.

Cons

none at this time. The directors are cleaning out bad management!

Advice to Management

keep up the good work directors! The teams are only as good as their managers and you all are doing a great job at getting rid of the bad managers that made the company look bad. A team is only as good as its supervisors!!! You've done a great job and I believe the company is off to a good start!

6. Poor training and support; stressful job

Current Employee - Outbound Sales in Holly Hill, FL
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales in Holly Hill, FL

I have been working at American Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Short Commute, pay checks are on time but not sales bonuses, you don't have to work outdoors,flip burgers or wear a hair net, you're not on your feet all day

Cons

Sales commissions are not recorded properly. Poor support from supervisors who show a lack of knowledge regarding product features, appropriate offers and sales procedures. Support staff is slow to respond because you have to transfer your customer to someone else to process your sale. Major duties and responsibilities are being added but pay is not changing. Training is on your own for the most part because their training is grossly insufficient. Customers will curse you out on occasion through no fault of your own, so be prepared for that if you accept a position here. If you think you will rise above others in sales here and they will notice, recognize or promote you for it....think again.

Advice to Management

Provide agents with a base salary and or commissions which they can make a living on. $10/hr + $2-$10 (rare) commission (after taxes, - 150 to 300+/month for health insurance) is not enough. Rent is at least $600/mo in this area unless you live in van down by the river.

7. COOL PLACE

I have been working at American Support full-time

Pros

Pay is on time 1st raise after 90 days no traffic. my supervisor is awesome always available.easy hire process

Cons

the chats reps dont always answer your questions on time. sales job must be able to rebuttal and sell four lines of service even if customer is calling in for tech support

Advice to Management

company needs more opportunity for advancement. when times are slow be able to move agents to antother shift

The most Racial,Prejudice and Segregated Company to work for!

Former Employee - Seasonal Department/Support Services
    Former Employee - Seasonal Department/Support Services

I worked at American Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The five star ratings just may be the supervisors with their fake reviews,because ain't nothing chicken and gravy while working for American Support,American Support may be a good company but the 3 star rating is there for a reason,all these employees can't be wrong. And of the five star ratings are probably fake and are the ones that can kiss butt are probably the ones writing them so they can keep their jobs. A lot of "known" discrimination goes on here and no one does nothing about it , so my people unless you can play dumb and act as if,don't waste your time! They don't believe in freedom of speech,also bullying are allowed and very unprofessional behaviour that supervisors find funny instead of trying to correct. Supervisor are a drug head and stayed smoking on the phone and I can't believe every meeting are not recorded or another overhead person there to chime in,that shows you how far this company has to go. No room for growth because they want to hold you back. They too scared to move you UP knowing you have strong work ethics. No seniority in place and the trainer don't even know what that means. Just keep your eyes open wide and you will see all of this. Don't be fooled. Wake up America! American Support my butt! All what I said is true! Make sure you double check your pay check as I have had mine edited twice upon hire and had hours taken from my check. You are fired for having a voice.

Cons

Racial,prejuice,segregation,unfair,no room for growth,unprofessional,a entirely lot of lying going on

Advice to Management

Stop stealing money and adding bonuses to your check for nothing as you don't do nothing. You can't handle your employees concern you need to learn your employees have rights,train trainers and stop acting like employees are your children

Clique based leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at American Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home Various locations Hard to type anything more positive Quite limited in the positive at this company

Cons

The COO is biased and built a wall of inept leadership that consistently agrees with him regardless. The CEO utilizes the company only for globetrotting. The agent level is treated poorly and woefully underpaid.

Advice to Management

Reorganization.

10. Virtual Telesales

Former Employee - Telesales Agent in South Shore, KY
    Former Employee - Telesales Agent in South Shore, KY

I worked at American Support part-time

Pros

Good Pay Sales Bonuses Good Hours Great Trainers Scripts, no trying to think of something to say

Cons

Customers cursed at me often I left for Health reasons and when I tried to go back I was told I had the job. Then whomever I spoke to called me a few days later and said I was not Re - hireable because I left for another job (basically said I lied). Even though my next job I worked was 3 months later. I guess you are not allowed to feel better within that time frame unless you want to be called a liar.

Advice to Management

Make sure if your Supervisors' tell someone they are Re-hirable to make sure they really are. I would have loved to have come back but I don't like being called a liar. I quit for Medical Reasons not for another job. AND YES THE PERSON I SPOKE TO USED THE WORD "LIAR".

Outbound Sales Agent

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Holly Hill, FL
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Holly Hill, FL

I worked at American Support

Pros

The wages of 10.50 an hour

Cons

The training was cut short to force us into production. I felt like there was no support for being American Support. I felt unprepared for what was thrown at me in a three week period. No benefits. I think they were about to loose their contract because they could not full fill the obligation to the program Client.

Advice to Management

Support your most valuable asset and make sure your supervisors are not running people off. More important than pay is treating everyone the same. It was evident that clicks were in place and the job seemed to be a joke of the expectations to sale something that no one wanted or had too many complaints. I was not happy after the promise of not being in training for two weeks was changed after the first week and we were pushed into production.

American Support Response

May 26, 2015 – Executive Director of Professional Services

Thanks for your feedback. One week of training for an outbound agent is actually the norm, and is paid for directly by American Support and not the client(s). Engaged learners can learn what they ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed