American Support

Frantic

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Expert  in  Holly Hill, FL
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Expert in Holly Hill, FL

I have been working at American Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are friendly.They have a True and honest work from home position. Applied online and a recruiter contacted me a couple of days later. Sent a computer requirements letter and had me perform some tests on my computers abilities. Training could definitely be better.

Cons

Training could be better but there is so much to learn being under contract for the worlds largest cable provider. Ordering system in antiquated and needs to be update. Everything for the at home position is done virtually and sometimes getting help when you are having issues can be challenging.

Working for American Support is fun, the people are friendly but the training needs to be lengthened bu at least a week. A email is sent with what needs to be setup on the computer system and some people have problems getting their system up and running. So with that being said the first two days should be spent making sure everyone has their systems up to specifications, all logins and passwords should be obtained so trainee's are able to access the systems they will be needing to work on. The training staff is wonderful and do the best they can what what they are given but the class I was in lost almost 3 full days because people were having system issues. There is a great deal of information to absorb and their is really not enough time given for the nesting period.

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Telesales Agent  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at American Support full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Before American Support took over, the company was called Evergreen. Evergreen offered Daytona Beach solid employment, benefits, awesome management, pleasant workplace and the opportunity to make very good money. There were always great leads and the company had a very high rating.

Cons

American Support destroyed all that Evergreen built. Disgusting company full of crooks.

All management need to be replaced. Almost all have criminal records. They lie, cheat and steal. Daytona office was destroyed after they lost that lease. Other companies looked into leasing the office after American Support left and there was just too much damage left behind.

Great!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at American Support full-time for more than a year

Pros

Virtual, no leaving your home. No traffic to fight.

Cons

communications is done online through chat with co-workers.

They do a outstanding job coaching and supporting their employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Inbound Call Agent
    Current Employee - Inbound Call Agent

I have been working at American Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a remote worker, which means I work from home. The job is very convenient and wonderful! I absolutely love my job! Co-workers are all very friendly and helpful, including supervisors. I am very satisfied and happy with my job and plan to make this a career!

Cons

I don't really have any cons. This job is easy, convenient and rewarding. I highly recommend this company!

It was very disappointing.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scranton, PA

I worked at American Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, trainer was unbelievably awesome.

Cons

Training shortened by 2.5 weeks and was told windows 8 compatible.?? Learmed 2nd day of actual job it was an untruth.

Let prospective employees know certain programs not compatible with 8 windows.

Virtual Call Center Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Work At Home Agent  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Work At Home Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at American Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

Virtual
    Can work from anywhere in US
    Have flexible scheduling
    Access to Management

Cons

You are responsible for any it issues.

They're are excellent virtual management team

This Is EASILY The Worst Job I've Ever Had

Former Employee - Outbound Telesales Agent  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Outbound Telesales Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at American Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly supervisor and co-workers. That's the ONLY pro.

Cons

Too many to count. Listen, when a company tells you on its website that it "Hiring every week". It is a BAD sign. It's indicative that the company is not the kind of place that people want to stay for even a couple of months.

My Experience:
    Right from the very beginning I had my doubts, as the HR department itself was incompetent. The woman who interviewed me completely forgot to even tell the department she had chosen to hire me. I had to call in to see what happened and then they realized she hired me. Then the woman who was handling my incoming paperwork made several blunders, including signing me up for the wrong position and passing wrong information along.

Just before training was to start, I was told that they are cutting the training days down by a few days. I was concerned, because that usually means they'll be cramming too much stuff for you to remember into those shortened days. And sure enough, with all of the programs and information you have to learn, a truncated training class was just nowhere near long enough to handle it all.

And then you get to the actual nightmare: The Customers. My particular job was to contact current subscribers to a particular telecommunications and internet company and try to sell them packages. However, their customer service practices are so horrid, that almost every single time I got a live person on the phone, I was either being told off because they felt they were getting ripped off on their bill, or they just flatly hung up in my face. And there's no time to decompress after being cursed out, because the next person to curse you out is being sent through immediately after you finish.

Going into that calling environment, being under-trained and unprepared was like throwing lambs to the slaughter. I called it quits after a few weeks.

American Support has excessively high turn over for a reason. It's a very bad place to work. And I am of the mind that these people writing in these positive reviews are plants. Plants that tricked me into taking this job by off-setting the negative reviews here and making me think there was even a 50/50 chance of this job being decent.

If nothing else, just remember what I said at the beginning: A company that advertises they are hiring weekly is a company that runs off employees every week.

-Extend training hours.
    -You need to stop the insane training policy of if you are tardy by one minute twice, you're fired. Especially when your systems don't work properly and people may not be able to log in.
    -Stop using shady practices on your sales commissions. (Like, selling the customer a value package that's less than his bill doesn't count.) Aren't we supposed to be giving these client deals?
    -Unjumble your systems. Is it truly necessary to have THREE places you have to log in for your time to be clocked? Two places to log your sales?
    -Choose more reliable programs. Don't tell us "Don't update your Java". Get a program that can properly handle Java like any other serious company.
    -Stop threatening your employees with termination over everything.

If you are good at what you do, Then Excellent place to work!!

Current Employee - Telesales Agent  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Telesales Agent in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at American Support full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly Peers, Ability to work from home, and Open door to HR.

Cons

Turnover rate is too high and Constant, The company hires new agents before the old agents have had a chance to train, and then terms the old agents for low performance. Nobody to turn to if you are in upper management for guidance unless you are willing to be talked to as though you are the lowest person on the planet.

Health Insurance continues to increase without prior notice and is an extremely high price.

You never know when you come to work if you are going to be fired today or not, there is no sense of Job Security or respect for Tenured employees.

If you are skilled and good at making the company money then they will keep you, but if you stop even for a little while they will drop you!!

Focus on what has worked in the past, What has not worked in the present, and what you can do to help make it better. Stop focusing on MONEY!! These are people and usually Loyal hard working employees. Do not take your senior Management and tenured agents for granted they work hard for you and deserve to stay. Take a course or something on how you should be speaking to your employees be it Agents or Management staff, Before you speak ask yourself "Do I want to be treated that way?"

American Support - Not just a job! It's a career!

I have been working at American Support full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for American Support for several years and I have to say "I love" working from home. Within the first year, I rapidly moved up within the company. If you are looking to work for a company with rapid advancement, American Support is for you! Excellent training department in both the call center as well as virtual training. They go above and beyond to ensure you have everything you need to be successful!

Cons

As with any company you work for, this company makes the necessary adjustments to thrive as a business. Including reduction in force. However, if you are an excellent agent providing quality customer service and generate sales you have NO WORRIES!

Keep up the good work! (You know who you are)

Perfect for Self-Motivated, Performance-Driven Sales Professionals

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Expert  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Expert in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at American Support full-time for more than a year

Pros

Virtual workforce in Inbound
    Tools and resources so you don't feel alone
    Steady call flow but not overwhelming
    Nice people
    Bonus pools for performance
    Tenure-based hourly rate

Cons

It's all sales!
    Recently stopped holiday pay for part-timers (but there was an opportunity to go full time)

Consider ways to include virtual team members in the stunts we read about happening in the contact centers, especially for those who live too far from any of the centers to participate.

Worked for American Support? Contribute to the Community!