American Support

Be The First To
Add Photos

Matt Zemon

Great!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsVirtual, no leaving your home. No traffic to fight.

Conscommunications is done online through chat with co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey do a outstanding job coaching and supporting their employees

Great Company to work for!

Inbound Call Agent (Current Employee)

ProsI am a remote worker, which means I work from home. The job is very convenient and wonderful! I absolutely love my job! Co-workers are all very friendly and helpful, including supervisors. I am very satisfied and happy with my job and plan to make this a career!

ConsI don't really have any cons. This job is easy, convenient and rewarding. I highly recommend this company!

It was very disappointing.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Scranton, PA

ProsWork from home, trainer was unbelievably awesome.

ConsTraining shortened by 2.5 weeks and was told windows 8 compatible.?? Learmed 2nd day of actual job it was an untruth.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet prospective employees know certain programs not compatible with 8 windows.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Virtual Call Center Customer Service Representative

Work At Home Agent (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVirtual
    Can work from anywhere in US
    Have flexible scheduling
    Access to Management

ConsYou are responsible for any it issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're are excellent virtual management team

This Is EASILY The Worst Job I've Ever Had

Outbound Telesales Agent (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsFriendly supervisor and co-workers. That's the ONLY pro.

ConsToo many to count. Listen, when a company tells you on its website that it "Hiring every week". It is a BAD sign. It's indicative that the company is not the kind of place that people want to stay for even a couple of months.

My Experience:
    Right from the very beginning I had my doubts, as the HR department itself was incompetent. The woman who interviewed me completely forgot to even tell the department she had chosen to hire me. I had to call in to see what happened and then they realized she hired me. Then the woman who was handling my incoming paperwork made several blunders, including signing me up for the wrong position and passing wrong information along.

Just before training was to start, I was told that they are cutting the training days down by a few days. I was concerned, because that usually means they'll be cramming too much stuff for you to remember into those shortened days. And sure enough, with all of the programs and information you have to learn, a truncated training class was just nowhere near long enough to handle it all.

And then you get to the actual nightmare: The Customers. My particular job was to contact current subscribers to a particular telecommunications and internet company and try to sell them packages. However, their customer service practices are so horrid, that almost every single time I got a live person on the phone, I was either being told off because they felt they were getting ripped off on their bill, or they just flatly hung up in my face. And there's no time to decompress after being cursed out, because the next person to curse you out is being sent through immediately after you finish.

Going into that calling environment, being under-trained and unprepared was like throwing lambs to the slaughter. I called it quits after a few weeks.

American Support has excessively high turn over for a reason. It's a very bad place to work. And I am of the mind that these people writing in these positive reviews are plants. Plants that tricked me into taking this job by off-setting the negative reviews here and making me think there was even a 50/50 chance of this job being decent.

If nothing else, just remember what I said at the beginning: A company that advertises they are hiring weekly is a company that runs off employees every week.

Advice to Senior Management-Extend training hours.
    -You need to stop the insane training policy of if you are tardy by one minute twice, you're fired. Especially when your systems don't work properly and people may not be able to log in.
    -Stop using shady practices on your sales commissions. (Like, selling the customer a value package that's less than his bill doesn't count.) Aren't we supposed to be giving these client deals?
    -Unjumble your systems. Is it truly necessary to have THREE places you have to log in for your time to be clocked? Two places to log your sales?
    -Choose more reliable programs. Don't tell us "Don't update your Java". Get a program that can properly handle Java like any other serious company.
    -Stop threatening your employees with termination over everything.

If you are good at what you do, Then Excellent place to work!!

Telesales Agent (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsFriendly Peers, Ability to work from home, and Open door to HR.

ConsTurnover rate is too high and Constant, The company hires new agents before the old agents have had a chance to train, and then terms the old agents for low performance. Nobody to turn to if you are in upper management for guidance unless you are willing to be talked to as though you are the lowest person on the planet.

Health Insurance continues to increase without prior notice and is an extremely high price.

You never know when you come to work if you are going to be fired today or not, there is no sense of Job Security or respect for Tenured employees.

If you are skilled and good at making the company money then they will keep you, but if you stop even for a little while they will drop you!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on what has worked in the past, What has not worked in the present, and what you can do to help make it better. Stop focusing on MONEY!! These are people and usually Loyal hard working employees. Do not take your senior Management and tenured agents for granted they work hard for you and deserve to stay. Take a course or something on how you should be speaking to your employees be it Agents or Management staff, Before you speak ask yourself "Do I want to be treated that way?"

American Support - Not just a job! It's a career!

ProsI have worked for American Support for several years and I have to say "I love" working from home. Within the first year, I rapidly moved up within the company. If you are looking to work for a company with rapid advancement, American Support is for you! Excellent training department in both the call center as well as virtual training. They go above and beyond to ensure you have everything you need to be successful!

ConsAs with any company you work for, this company makes the necessary adjustments to thrive as a business. Including reduction in force. However, if you are an excellent agent providing quality customer service and generate sales you have NO WORRIES!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! (You know who you are)

Great company that truly is performance based

Inbound Sales Expert (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsPerformance based company without politics. They keep it simple and match performance, rewards and accountability.

ConsThe biggest downside is the old employees that feel they are entitled to money for nothing. That's a song not reality. Grow up and either do your jobs or quit and go somewhere else and be negative.

Perfect for Self-Motivated, Performance-Driven Sales Professionals

Inbound Sales Expert (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsVirtual workforce in Inbound
    Tools and resources so you don't feel alone
    Steady call flow but not overwhelming
    Nice people
    Bonus pools for performance
    Tenure-based hourly rate

ConsIt's all sales!
    Recently stopped holiday pay for part-timers (but there was an opportunity to go full time)

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider ways to include virtual team members in the stunts we read about happening in the contact centers, especially for those who live too far from any of the centers to participate.

One of the worst experiences

Management (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsThe moment your car pulls away

ConsI do believe they are writing their own reviews on here **wink wink you know who you are** Your job is not safe. What kind of environment is it to think every day you go into work or every pay check may be your last? Meanwhile, upper management IS getting rid of everyone so Matt Zemon will have to keep them. You guys don't think Comcast KNOWS what is going on. They don't want to be associated with people who treat employees that way or have been investigated and fines by the Labor Department. That environment made even the sweetest old woman become a snitch (ones will have to think hard on that one) It's toxic and to anyone looking for work-RUN. A job should be stable and a place to grow from. i

Advice to Senior ManagementMatt Zemon, you need to hire management in town. How can you hire people not even in the same time zones? I understand you didn't want to use Evergreen management but use people in the area and not waste money flying and feeding them.
     It's not about cutting cost on people who make ten bucks an hour. You must realize you need to spend money to make money. It's embarrassing to see the South building abandoned. It represents to Comcast just how bad you are doing. So: hire in the city. spend money. hire people to deal with Comcast and that have a good relationship with them. but I doubt you guys will listen. To the rest, don't work here at all. RUN. They hire and fire. You will never feel safe and try not to wake up anyone when they are sleeping on a different time zone. haha

Worked for American Support? Contribute to the Community!