American Tire Reviews

Bill Berry

1. Great company lots of opportunity to make some $$$

Former Employee - Wheel Customer Service Representative in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Wheel Customer Service Representative in Huntersville, NC

I worked at American Tire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits pay is okay. Good people nice environment, always other opportunities for advancement. Paid vacations and paid time off is a plus

Cons

Management could use some help. If you don't know the business you are in trouble as there is always someone looking to throw you under the bus.. So be careful you have been warned

Advice to Management

N/A

2. Careful how you leave

Former Employee - Account Development Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Account Development Specialist in Nashville, TN

I worked at American Tire (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent and training can be good

Cons

Pay is sub-par, management is hit or miss, lazy employees aren't dealt with

Advice to Management

Clear out the dead wood. Treat the decent employees better

3. Driver

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Londonderry, NH
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Londonderry, NH

I worked at American Tire (More than 3 years)

Pros

New wharehouse and equipment.Healthy customer base.

Cons

Too corporate,left me stranded 2 days in a row.I had to use my credit card to refuel the truck 3 hours from the wharehouse.Itold them before I left that the truck could not make the round trip without refueling,they ignored me.They reimbursed me immeadiately but still it was so rude to dismiss my experience and common sense ,just because I was not a manager.

Advice to Management

Please stop sending drivers to customers that are closed.Listen to drivers when they say "This truck can not travel the assigned route without refueling."Do not use employees social security # as a pin for a company gas card.Do not schedule a driver to drive more than 12 hours in one day that is against DOT regulations.When a driver has 3 years experience on a route and the manager has 0 and has not scheduled before,the drivers input should be considered.

5. Could be great.

Pros

Great Benefits and great crew to work with.

Cons

Management is not well organized.

Advice to Management

Take care of your hard workers.

6. My Experience

Former Employee - Warehouse/Backup Driver in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Warehouse/Backup Driver in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at American Tire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The warehouse staff is great and I have made some wonderful friends.

Cons

Warehouse is bad shape and management refused to address the issue. This created a very stressful environment for employees and drivers.

7. The worst place to work!

Pros

Nothing good to say about this company at all it sucks! Non working environment

Cons

Not enough money or workers, employee's don't put their two week notices in before taking off for vacation, everyone does half of their job not full responsibilities, disrespectful boss and superviser warehouse manager, people don't know what their doing half the time. They talk highly of themselves and complains about their life and not enough about the work force like its some big soap TV show. The CSR has affairs with other employees when SHE is married.

Advice to Management

Needs improvements and new works and bosses preferably a woman

8. delivery driver

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at American Tire full-time

Pros

great equipment, proffesional, safety concious, great benefits

Cons

uniforms need upgrading, no product knowledge training, pay is average.

Advice to Management

pay per performance will keep the union like attitude away. training for drivers to know about the products they are delivering so they can help their customers.

9. WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!

Former Employee - Assistant in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant in Huntersville, NC

I worked at American Tire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The day that I left the company.

Cons

Arrogant, unsophisticated, unethical, uneducated, circus environment especially working in the "Corporate Headquarters"-which is a joke in Huntersville. I would have rated the company with many negative stars however I am forced to give them one star which is 10 more than they ever deserve! The management is absolutely pathetic and don't let them tell you they like to promote within as they actually like to fire for unjust causes. You will never be groomed into anything more, they live by the motto lets keep as much info as we can from people so they cant grow. If you enjoy working for a racist company who will watch your every move, and critique all your work, as they believe the harder you work the more you will screw up. Raises are an absolute joke. Don't ever think you can rely on the Human Resources Dept to help you in anyway. Talk about a conceded group of overpaid uneducated idiots. You are better off telling your issues to a brick wall. The higher the management the less they do and the more they like to throw off on others to "show you where your place is in this organization". Hierarchy is a must in this organization, with a backwoods "Good ole boys approach". Maybe they can leave the 80s processes behind as we are in the 21st century. However, don't come in with an open approach and an innovative thought process. As you will be quickly told "that is not the way we do things here, and we intend to keep doing it the same way". Also, if you like watching people who have been around for many years screw up their work consistently and get paid if not commended on messing up work someone else has to fix this is your COMPANY!

Advice to Management

Fire all management and Senior employees (especially all HR) as they can get away with murder. This place will always have extremely high turnover with the lack of processes, favoritism, and unethical decisions made on a daily basis.

10. Great exp. at ATD

Pros

very nice area, nice working environment, good work life balance, great community, great training

Cons

salary wasn't that competitive, but it's not that costly for living in that area

Would you rather be a Name or a Number??

Former Employee - Outside Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Outside Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at American Tire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Account Managers can make good money for the tire industry. Ok base pay with a lucrative bonus structure & car allowance. Big Company that continues to grow…FAST!!

Cons

Company is on its third buy out in just over 10 years and has been put on a fast grow expansion across the country. Biggest complaint from employees is the feeling of being number and not a face. If numbers to not look good for the company 401K match it the first to go. ATD has a tendency to change the rules as it goes and it of course is always in their favor.

RSS Feed </> Embed