American Tower

American Tower Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

American Tower Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Taiclet Jr.

Jim Taiclet Jr.

Pros:
  • "Work/Life balance - You can work 40 hours a week and in some cases work from home"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Company is growing, so it's an interesting time to be a part of it"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

Great Company

I have been working at American Tower

ProsBenefits are great and so are the people

ConsOpportunities outside of the Boston area

Good Company to work for

Woburn, MA

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice people, Stable financial health of company

ConsToo many layers in Managment

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim down some layers in Managment

Tremendous growth opportunity on a domestic and global scale ...

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFast-paced environment, ability to make significant contributions within all levels of the organization.

ConsImprovement and effectiveness opportunities not fully leveraged within global executive business leader ranks to come together to drive synergies across markets ... which will become more important to really achieve the strategic goals and targets of American Tower ...

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to really ensure the internal teams are focused on the most important program and project initiatives of the company. Put the thoughtful planning and decision making processes in place now while riding the good times ... make the tough decisions to execute on fewer, high priorities rather than too many lesser ones.

Outstanding company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Tower as a contractor for less than a year

ProsExcellent Benefits, great people, fun place to work.

ConsReally didn't see any downside.

Great Company if you are Flexible

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, interesting job opportunities, stong global company, lots of people who care about the company and its success. Great equity package. Senior leadership is ethical and has helped navigate the company through a difficult global economy. It's part of a global industry that is growing quickly.

ConsIt's growing fast and therefore to be successful, it takes someone who is fast-paced, able to change directions quickly (and without complaint), driven and able to build relationships quickly. It's fairly conservative so you need to look and act the part.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind that growth puts a strain on employees everywhere. Encourage managers to be better empowerers of work/life balance. Recognize all levels of the organization for Company's success.

Good Company to work

Project Lead (Current Employee)
Bhubaneswar (India)

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than 5 years

Prosno comments as i am satisfied with this job

Consnothing to comments as this is the best

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Great company to work for!!

M&A (Current Employee)
Cary, NC

I have been working at American Tower as a contractor for less than a year

ProsFascinating business model and friendly culture

Consnothing bad to say about them

Strong financials, interesting opportunities, great outlook

I have been working at American Tower full-time

ProsI have had really interesting assignments since I started with ATC and have been promoted several times. I've also had the opportunity to work on several high profile projects that have allowed me to gain unique experience.

The company has supported my growth by allowing me to return to school part time in the evenings and has allowed me to take time out of work to attend trainings and conferences.

I was given equity in the company when I started and have received an annual grant every year due to strong continued performance. That equity has really started to add up over the past couple years. There is also an employee stock purchase program so I was able to buy additional ATC stock.

The company has experienced a lot of growth both internationally and in the US. We have a strong business model and excellent financials. It is definitely a company I see myself with for the next several years.

ConsThere have been some growing pains as the company sets itself up for future growth. Work can't and shouldn't be done in silos and so the company needs to focus on improving communication flow between the divisions.

Busy but fulfilling

I have been working at American Tower for more than a year

ProsBeen with the company (IT) for a little over a year. The department is growing quickly and due to a huge surge of projects and expansion a few years ago there was a need to hire many people very fast. This led to some growing pains but within the past 6 months the team and culture have really been solidified, mostly due to significant changes in personnel - and for the best.

Overall the environment is fast paced and exciting. If you are a people person with a desire to be challenged and to learn a lot while meeting and getting to know dedicated and very smart co-workers this is the company for you.

Company is very financially solid and is the leader in the industry.

Everyone's opinions are valued and respected.

ConsSignificant foundational projects and new vision for the organization lead to some hectic days.
Could have more even and fair salaries.
The company runs very lean so sometimes you are asked to do interim periods of additional responsibilities. Expectation is that this will be lowered in the next few months.

Stable company, satisfying work, lots of opportunity

ProsOffers growth opportunity
Financially stable
Strong leadership
Talented colleagues
Supports learning / continuing education / training opportunities
Annual performance reviews

ConsDoes not offer telecommuting
Needs to improve communication between divisions

Worked for American Tower? Contribute to the Community!

American Tower – Why Work for Us?

Over the past few years American Tower has enjoyed tremendous global growth. Today, employees on four continents and in ten markets are responsible for the Company’s success. They work together to provide services and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Tower reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Tower CEO Jim Taiclet Jr. All 71 reviews posted anonymously by American Tower employees.