AmericanTours Reviews

Reset
3.1
AmericanTours Chairman and CEO Noel Irwin Hentschel
Noel Irwin Hentschel

1. "ATI Is The Best Learn and Earn Company"-Better Career Prep Than Harvard or Stanford

I have been working at AmericanTours

Pros

ATI is the best company to "learn and earn" from my experience and the evident career path of most of the ATI team. The opportunity to learn every aspect of business from the CEO is far better than what was learned working for an MBA and Doctorate. The financial recompense is highly rewarding once you add value to the company by illustrating commitment, creativity and loyalty. Promotions are generally from within, the hard workers are on a fast track for achieving success and growth. ATI is the best place to start a career right out of college, instead of internships and being burdened with more student debt you get paid to learn and then you can earn even more than if you went onto Harvard or Stanford for higher education. It is a very professional company and the management mentors with "on the job training" far better than any professor in a classroom. Working at ATI is not theory, it's learning how to be successful and enjoying being part of a great team. ATI is a solid, stable company with lost of growth potential for the team, am happy to be here.

Cons

None to complain about as the opportunities far outweigh any challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep being selective of who is hired, only bringing in people who share the high values of ethics and integrity that ATI firmly holds in its core.

2. Not ideal

Former Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AmericanTours

Pros

Close to lax incase you need to pick someone up

Cons

Where do I start? .....

Advice to Management

It's not normal to have such a high turnover rate. Provide some benefits !!!!!

3. Great Opportunity to grow

I worked at AmericanTours

Pros

Working for ATI has been one of the best decisions so far because your quality of life will vary greatly depend on the team you get assigned to. Being part of a good team will make your life wonderful. I am grateful to have been assigned to so many great teams and learned so much from every department that I have worked for.

Cons

I am overall satisfied with this company

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work in preparing your staff to be successful.

5. Opportunity to grow

Current Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AmericanTours

Pros

Can start entry level and be promoted to other departments or within department

Cons

It was hard in the beginning to learn everything new but I had a lot of support from the other people in my department

Advice to Management

I'm really happy with the new office remodel.

Love My Job At ATI!

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AmericanTours full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love to travel, love to meet people from all over the world, love to be part of a company that is growing and helps others grow and is making a difference for a better world-ATI is the best place to be!

Cons

Sometimes other team members do not appreciate the hard work and dedication of those who built the company or have been here a long time-disappointing. the good news is the whiners are few and far between and eventually move on. We have low turnover and high growth potential-a big pro!

Advice to Management

Keep the course, the core values you impart everyday are right on! We love opening new markets, always being the first. Thanks for the great opportunities afforded us all! Love my job at ATI!

G/L

Current Employee - G/L in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - G/L in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AmericanTours full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are relatively young and fun group. People work together as a team.

Cons

Management doesn't value talent and doesn't compensate hard work. During meetings Noel talks about mother Teresa but doesn't seem to pass these values in the running of the company.

Advice to Management

Set compensation level relative to employee value. Fire employees that create more problems then they are worth.

8. Travel operations coordinator

Current Employee - Travel Operations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Travel Operations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AmericanTours full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and supportive co-workers and executives. If you are working hard it will not remain unnoticed. Good place to get first insights of the travel industry.

Cons

Low pay. Not too much room to grow.

Great team, poor pay

Former Employee - Reservations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Reservations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AmericanTours full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice and helpful people International work environment

Cons

Poor compensation Night and weekend shifts Chaotic workplace Employees were fired left and right, new people were hired quickly

Advice to Management

Should be more organized and value employees more

Great company with great people!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AmericanTours full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for AmericanTours for 14 plus years before moving from Los Angeles. I hated to leave because it was one of the best working experiences of my life. I highly recommend it to anyone who believes that hard work should have its rewards. It does with this company. In today’s culture many large organizations only recognize and promote employees who hold advanced degrees. At AmericanTours they measure an employee’s worth by their talent and work ethic and promote on this basis regardless of their educational background. The multi-cultural environment makes for an interesting, exciting and fun workplace. The employees are like a family who respect and honor each others differences and unique qualities and work together as a team. The owners created this stable environment, which pays tribute to the fact that the company has survived a weak economy and multiple disasters that weighed heavily and closed the doors of many others in the travel industry.

Cons

I can think of none.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you are on. It has served you and your employees well for many years and hopefully many more to come.

11. Watching a company limp by with the bare minimum of recompense.

Current Employee - Cannot Specify Due to Fear of Retaliation in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Cannot Specify Due to Fear of Retaliation in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AmericanTours full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to meet and work in a diverse cultural environment, this is the place.

Cons

Your input will be ignored. Your concerns will fall on deaf ears. This is a job taken out of desperation. Many people have no background in the travel industry and ended up here due to running out of job options (and it shows!). Be prepared to be forced to attend "meetings" where the CEOs gather and reminisce about the good ole days. Usually, these happen on the company's anniversary and Christmas. Also, you will listen to Noel's religion. She has invented her own religion and will idolize the perfection of the virgin Mary and Mother Theresa for almost an hour at every gathering. If you're an atheist, don't worry about it. God is never mentioned during these proceedings. The higher-ups are extremely proud of the fact that so many different cultures are represented in the company. When they bring vendors and clients around the office for tours, they will actually read the country of origin and name off of employee name tags. No wonder we have name tags on our cubicles! For being as proud of an internationally-peopled office, you'd think that they would at least know (or simply ask and find out) something about these other cultures. Not. Be prepared to hear Persians referred to as Iranians, Tibetans referred to as Chinese, etc. on a regular basis. This is a duct-tape workplace where real problems are never addressed or remedied, but are bandaged-up just enough to get by.

Advice to Management

Learn the names of your employees. Learn where they are from. If someone has worked for your company for years, it is mandatory that you know these things. Update your systems. All of them. You are in denial about this company being prepared to face the day-to-day workings of the 21st century. Get a lunch room. Either get more of the mini-refrigerators or get a couple full-size fridges like the ones that you have access to in your executive offices. Become familiar with your own workplace. Do not expect that you know anything about your office without experiencing the problems and pace regularly. Reward and listen to the concerns of your employees. Once the economy recovers, you won't have job scarcity to supply you with the constant influx of new workers to replace those leaving every week. Allow specialists to be specialists. Guess what? People who are educated in certain arenas know more than you do in those areas. Their educated opinions are not only valid, but are worth more than your antiquated (and sometimes arbitrary) opinions.

RSS Feed </> Embed