Americas Best Value Inn

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Assistant Manager

Prosco-workers and community environment are great

Conshours are 24 seven, shifts vary due to need

Good People bad Hotel standard

Front Desk (Current Employee) Mackinaw City, MI

Pros40 hrs but never more than that.

ConsHotel is in poor shape. Always feel like your ripping off customer base from room rates.
    Doesn't pay overtime which is federal law.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's an owner issue.

Your mileage may vary, but this is one of the best minimum wage jobs I've had.

Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee)

ProsFreedom to make judgement calls, no micromanagement. I am treated with courtesy and respect by the management.

ConsLow wage with no opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises would be nice, but you can't expect too much from this type of job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like ABVI

Housekeeper (Current Employee) Jamestown, NY

ProsThe customers are my favorite part of the job. I like the flexibility of my job as well.My boss is very nice and a good person to work for.

ConsI do not get paid enough and I don't get enough hours.I think they should offer benefits as well.

build social skills and clerical work but not much career growth

Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosinside and relaxed, ability to meet others around the world, calm environment

Consno career growth or promotions,pay was low, no bonuses, no tips, not understanding of holidays

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay or you will lose valuable employees

fantastic family atmosphere

Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsClose to home small great people to work with

Conscomplicated to get to from the Hwy

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvertise more

It's a job, but nothing spectacular.

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) Columbus, MS

ProsThe customers and co-workers were great. The work was simple and easy. Mostly a stress free environment.

ConsUnfortunately the management could use some work. If you asked for specific time off two months in advance you should be able to get it unless there is an emergency. The managers would consistently have family "occasions" come up at the last minute that they had to go to and you just couldn't get off.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees more. Yes they can be replaced but they are the first impression of your company.

Great Family Ethics

Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) Stockbridge, GA

ProsEasy to apply, still uses paper application and easy to get direct contact to management. Great family ethics, provides you with ownership of your workplace. After training you basically run the show on how to run your shift with in reason. No one over your shoulder and owner is a awesome person. Very protective of staff.

ConsDue to lack of business wages are extremely low if you do not live in the area it is not worth the drive. No real opportunity to advance but it is a great place to build up positive point on resume'. It seems to be a hub for very diverse customers at time you deal with drug addicts drunks and prostitutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed my time here, hope business improves, wish this company nothing but the best!

Night Auditing

Night Auditor (Current Employee) Rock Springs, WY

Prosgreat experience working at this place...always wanted to do this

ConsI work all graveyard shift and that really leaves no time for a life...BUT I made that choice so I could have more hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the awesome work you do. And thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Youngest person working there and didn't feel comfortable working with all older people.

Housekeeper (Current Employee) International Falls, MN

ProsMy boss was really nice, she wasn't the head housekeeper as the head housekeepers husband was sick so she was gone a lot. I was the first person she hired and she made me feel comfortable and showed me what I needed to do. They paid on time with no questions asked.

ConsThe age ranges was not very diverse as I was the youngest one working there by years and I felt very awkward. There was a lot of drama between all the housekeepers. A lot of the housekeepers took smoking breaks right in front of the hotel not even five feet from the entrance.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure not to have your employees smoking right in front of the hotel. It is very unattractive and quite disgusting and repulsive.

Worked for Americas Best Value Inn? Contribute to the Community!