Americas Best Value Inn

Be The First To
Add Photos

Assistant Manager

I have been working at Americas Best Value Inn full-time for more than 8 years

Prosco-workers and community environment are great

Conshours are 24 seven, shifts vary due to need

Your mileage may vary, but this is one of the best minimum wage jobs I've had.

Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Americas Best Value Inn full-time for more than a year

ProsFreedom to make judgement calls, no micromanagement. I am treated with courtesy and respect by the management.

ConsLow wage with no opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises would be nice, but you can't expect too much from this type of job.

I like ABVI

Housekeeper (Current Employee)
Jamestown, NY

I have been working at Americas Best Value Inn part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe customers are my favorite part of the job. I like the flexibility of my job as well.My boss is very nice and a good person to work for.

ConsI do not get paid enough and I don't get enough hours.I think they should offer benefits as well.

fantastic family atmosphere

Front Desk Manager (Current Employee)
Franklin, TN

I have been working at Americas Best Value Inn full-time for more than a year

ProsClose to home small great people to work with

Conscomplicated to get to from the Hwy

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvertise more

build social skills and clerical work but not much career growth

Front Desk Manager (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Americas Best Value Inn full-time for more than a year

Prosinside and relaxed, ability to meet others around the world, calm environment

Consno career growth or promotions,pay was low, no bonuses, no tips, not understanding of holidays

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay or you will lose valuable employees

It's a job, but nothing spectacular.

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee)
Columbus, MS

I worked at Americas Best Value Inn full-time for more than a year

ProsThe customers and co-workers were great. The work was simple and easy. Mostly a stress free environment.

ConsUnfortunately the management could use some work. If you asked for specific time off two months in advance you should be able to get it unless there is an emergency. The managers would consistently have family "occasions" come up at the last minute that they had to go to and you just couldn't get off.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees more. Yes they can be replaced but they are the first impression of your company.

Great Family Ethics

Front Desk Manager (Current Employee)
Stockbridge, GA

I have been working at Americas Best Value Inn full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy to apply, still uses paper application and easy to get direct contact to management. Great family ethics, provides you with ownership of your workplace. After training you basically run the show on how to run your shift with in reason. No one over your shoulder and owner is a awesome person. Very protective of staff.

ConsDue to lack of business wages are extremely low if you do not live in the area it is not worth the drive. No real opportunity to advance but it is a great place to build up positive point on resume'. It seems to be a hub for very diverse customers at time you deal with drug addicts drunks and prostitutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed my time here, hope business improves, wish this company nothing but the best!

Night Auditing

Night Auditor (Current Employee)
Rock Springs, WY

I have been working at Americas Best Value Inn full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat experience working at this place...always wanted to do this

ConsI work all graveyard shift and that really leaves no time for a life...BUT I made that choice so I could have more hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the awesome work you do. And thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Youngest person working there and didn't feel comfortable working with all older people.

Housekeeper (Current Employee)
International Falls, MN

I have been working at Americas Best Value Inn part-time for less than a year

ProsMy boss was really nice, she wasn't the head housekeeper as the head housekeepers husband was sick so she was gone a lot. I was the first person she hired and she made me feel comfortable and showed me what I needed to do. They paid on time with no questions asked.

ConsThe age ranges was not very diverse as I was the youngest one working there by years and I felt very awkward. There was a lot of drama between all the housekeepers. A lot of the housekeepers took smoking breaks right in front of the hotel not even five feet from the entrance.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure not to have your employees smoking right in front of the hotel. It is very unattractive and quite disgusting and repulsive.

Small but friendly hotel

Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee)

I worked at Americas Best Value Inn

ProsI only worked here due to schedule issues but overall, I actually enjoyed it. The guests for the most part were usually nice. My supervisor actually treated you like a person and I got along with my co-workers.

ConsThe only thing I didn't like, which was the main reason I had to leave, are the long hours by yourself in the hotel.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a way where two clerks can work a shift. It definitely leads to better problem solving.

Worked for Americas Best Value Inn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Americas Best Value Inn reviews and ratings. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Americas Best Value Inn employees.