AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews in Chesterbrook, PA

Updated Apr 5, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job(in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place(in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business(in 8 reviews)

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Summer internship

Strategic Planning (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsThe people who work there were great, I had a lot of responsibilities and the work I did actually made a difference within my division

ConsIf you are looking for full time after having an internship there, you will be waiting until very close to when you can start working upon graduation. They hire just in time so do not hire much more than 2 months out of a start date.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to determine jobs that could be created from the work done by interns and potentially offer them jobs at the end of the summer if you feel like they did good work.

Good company in general with growing pains moving slowly forward

Associate (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsGood co-workers, benefits and above average working conditons.

ConsTop heavy mgmt, old guard, old school thinking, not incredibly tech savy.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequest and implement recommendations from associates rather then paying a 3rd party to find gaps. Increase work life balance. Allow more opportunites from working from home from tech. Open full access to the web without filters. Embrace innovation. Embrace thinking outside the box. Continue to work on creating an environment that is innovative and helps provide associates with the opportunity to excel and in turn provide our customers with the best service possible.

Room for growth, but no work/life balance.

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsGood pay and benefits. Located in a nice area...for now.

ConsManagement is too concerned with face time and not about actual work. Not enough to do. Will be moving the headquarters soon closer to Philly or NJ.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on the quality and quantity of work and less on how many hours are put in by people. People respect companies that value work/life balance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bait and Switch

IT PM (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsMidlevel IT & Developers great to work with

ConsWorst executive Mgmt ever - not what you know its who you kiss - HR doesn't protect the rank & file

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look inside at mgmt nepotism, degrading mgmt comments and how about doing a morale survey !

Good learning experience, would not go back.

Accounting Inern (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsWork environment was very laid back
    not a lot of hard deadlines
    flexible with time off (you don't have to put in extra hours later to make up for it)

Conspay is mediocre at best
    basically in a cubicle all day
    they are real penny pinchers (understandable based on their market but still...)

Awesome company

Field Human Resources Manager, II (Former Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsThey offer generous benefits, have open lines of communication, and genuinely care about their employees.

ConsTends to be a lot of organizational changes that make it difficult to know "who is on second."

Good company - management has a lot of room for improvement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsGood people to work with, benefits are good (i.e. medical/dental);

ConsTop heavy, a lot of directors/VP's with little to no management experience (actual managing of employees), transparency / communication, work/life balance issues, employees afraid to speak up.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your teams to provide you constructive feedback that will help enable the company to reach its goals. Use active listening to feedback provided and follow up to suggestions. Thank your teams publicly for the extra mile they go rather then expecting it. If you don't turnover will continue.

Educational and worthwhile

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

Pros-great people and really friendly culture

Cons-not a lot of opportunities for growth or career development
    -slightly behind competition in terms of innovation

Advice to Senior Management-very top heavy organization, and knew of a few people whose jobs were almost obsolete

It is a good place to work but they do not offer retirement

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsHours are basically M-F 8 to 5. They give you money if they get a favorable sales. They have good dinners and suprise pizza lunches in the warehouse.

ConsNo retirement, you need to get 401 k and save for your own. Benefits is mediocre and it would be nice if they celebrate more holidays, no christmas parties or anything.
    Company changing and many departments are merged or eliminated all together

Advice to Senior ManagementNone except quit taking such a high paycheck and work on keeping everyone employed, finding more opportunities to promote within.

If you are joining BT beware you work for 12 hrs a day - 6 days a week

Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsGood benefits , good tea vending machine

ConsBT has horrible hours, most of the middle management has zero management experience. Please don't join SAP team, it sucks. They are blood sucker and will make you work like slaves.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalvery is still there!!!

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!