AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros:
  • "good people good pay good benefits"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are limited human resources which requires long hours and tough work life balance"
    in 6 reviews
  • "It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Honestly the Best Company I've Worked For

Chicago, IL

Pros- Incredible company mission & customer impact
    - Strong leadership team driving the company in a solid direction
    - Great teams to work with who show commitment to the organization & customers
    - Enjoyable work atmosphere with competitive compensation & benefits
    - Opportunities to pursue multiple satisfying career paths

Cons- Difficult to communicate well within such a large organization

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving to be a best-in-class workplace, and working diligently to attract and develop strong talent to achieve our goals. I'm very proud to work for ABC and will continually rave to internal and external customers about what a great company we are!

Great Benefits. Poor Work/Life Balance on Second Shift

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGreat health insurance & overall benefits package

ConsNature of second shift here is that you work until all orders are filled. There were times when that meant an extra four hours tacked on to the end of your shift. We had very hard workers and ran very lean. I get it-- That's what makes this division more profitable. But there comes a point when morale is so low due to poor work/life balance (how do you plan your personal life when you don't know if you will be able to get enough sleep to function the next day in your role as parent, spouse, partner, caretaker, etc?) that management needs to step up and not just give lip-service to getting you more help, but actually do so. Don't get me wrong-- The overtime money was great, but often not worth what I gave up in my home/personal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more creatively on how to make second shift hours a bit more predictable for your employees, and not perpetuate the "This is how it's always been on second shift" attitude.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Burlington, MA

ProsInteresting work, nice people, helping to advance understanding of oncology, client offerings are insightful

ConsLong hours sometimes, limited mobility within the company, cross-collaboration among teams

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great work / life balance

Manager (Current Employee)
    Buffalo Grove, IL

Prosopportunity to improve knowledge and career path

Consstagnant in product development and double standards

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN

Horrible...worked 6-7 days a week

blister packaging operator (Former Employee)
    Groveport, OH

ProsHealth insurance, benefits....that is all I can say good about the company

ConsStarted at 12.00 and 3 years later was only making 13.30 and I was a blister packaging operator...they paid new people more...also they are very chauvanistic and show a lot of favoritism...management was horrible...upper management only spoke to certain people

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company when you are nearing retirement

Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat IT Infrastructure team to work with, great team members. A great place to work if you are up for retirement soon, flexible schedules.

ConsNo scope for advancement, no innovation, employees are never heard by management, too much micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLesser Micro management, Hear your employees more, they are you lifeline!

Could be more efficient

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay and benefits
    Always room to learn something new
    Lots of room for growth
    Great time off policy

ConsLots of favoritism
    Very understaffed
    Very long hours because of being understaffed
    Very unorganized at times
    IT staff could use support also

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a better IT staff.
    Make a better effort to hire more people.
    I understand you want to decrease the wage expense but people quit because of the long hours.

Very disappointed is saying it nicely.

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Roanoke, TX

ProsGood pay and benefits. There are some tenured employees there that do show a commitment to helping others and the company.

ConsToo many hours worked. Not enough skilled employees. If in management, you work on your days off at home with a company provided laptop. Not a team environment. Key positions don't require a degree, which in turn place unskilled and untrained individuals in those key positions. Turnaround is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees better. Be more involved with your employees. Walk around the facility and get to know your employees to help with their concerns and issues.

Strong company and great presence in marketplace.

Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsNice environment with co-workers. Company experienced tremendous growth which allowed insight to industry and operations. If opportunities are taken, you can learn a lot about the industry from various perspectives.

ConsManagement tends to panic and look for scapegoat when things go wrong. Some of their long term employees are the biggest problems yet remain on staff. Pay was lagging behind others in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not view every situation superficially, dig deeper. When taking on new projects or making agreements with customers that require innovation, think the situation through and ensure there is an understanding as to what needs to be done to accomplish the goal. They are too quick to jump without understanding the true challenge.

Terrible company that might run itself into the ground

Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee)
    Roanoke, TX

ProsIncentives to get while working

ConsExtremely low pay raises extremely strict attendance policies, long hours, terrible work environment. The company gains the business of biggest pharmaceutical store in the nation make over 400 million last yr and they decide a 500 dollar bonus is adequate not to mention you actually have to qualify for oh and now I get penalized 15 mins for being late 1 minute yea thats great.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!

AmerisourceBergen – Why Work for Us?

AmerisourceBergen Corporation is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies serving global markets with a focus on the pharmaceutical supply chain. Servicing both pharmaceutical manufacturers and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmerisourceBergen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AmerisourceBergen CEO Steven Collis. All 179 reviews posted anonymously by AmerisourceBergen employees.