AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job(in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place(in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business(in 8 reviews)

Very disappointed is saying it nicely.

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Roanoke, TX

ProsGood pay and benefits. There are some tenured employees there that do show a commitment to helping others and the company.

ConsToo many hours worked. Not enough skilled employees. If in management, you work on your days off at home with a company provided laptop. Not a team environment. Key positions don't require a degree, which in turn place unskilled and untrained individuals in those key positions. Turnaround is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees better. Be more involved with your employees. Walk around the facility and get to know your employees to help with their concerns and issues.

Strong company and great presence in marketplace.

Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsNice environment with co-workers. Company experienced tremendous growth which allowed insight to industry and operations. If opportunities are taken, you can learn a lot about the industry from various perspectives.

ConsManagement tends to panic and look for scapegoat when things go wrong. Some of their long term employees are the biggest problems yet remain on staff. Pay was lagging behind others in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not view every situation superficially, dig deeper. When taking on new projects or making agreements with customers that require innovation, think the situation through and ensure there is an understanding as to what needs to be done to accomplish the goal. They are too quick to jump without understanding the true challenge.

Terrible company that might run itself into the ground

Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) Roanoke, TX

ProsIncentives to get while working

ConsExtremely low pay raises extremely strict attendance policies, long hours, terrible work environment. The company gains the business of biggest pharmaceutical store in the nation make over 400 million last yr and they decide a 500 dollar bonus is adequate not to mention you actually have to qualify for oh and now I get penalized 15 mins for being late 1 minute yea thats great.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive experience, provided training in an emerging healthcare industry. Good pay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible in scheduling. get a feeling of the work being family oriented. everybody seemed to get along. and liked each other for the most part.

Consfew bad apples. peers not holding up to responsibility. lack of communication. they mainly have seasonal jobs.

Enlightening Night Shift

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Paducah, KY

ProsGood stepping stone. Excellent Benefits. When your in, your in. Job security is there if you fit in. Redundancy within to keep everything in check. There are many great people working to keep everything going. Bad apples are kept to a minimum.

ConsWork load and times vary. Sometimes Greatly. You never know when your going to have to pull a 12 hr shift or just work 7 hrs. Sometimes it conflicts with the scheduling of others or days planned off. Although it is, what it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow changes to settle, before making more changes.

Good steppingstone....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge organization, room for upward advancement. Large organization, room for upward advancement. Large organization, room for upward advancement. Large organization, room for upward advancement.

ConsLarge organization....you can get lost in the hierarchy. Large organization....you can get lost in the hierarchy. Large organization....you can get lost in the hierarchy.

I loved the team I worked with

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsGreat benefits, Great training! The training applied to your Product.

ConsNo comment at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment at this time

Great company

Vice President Sales (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsPeople, opportunity, benefits, and long term industry prospect

ConsPay was a bit low, and variable comp not as competitive as other industries

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Gave me experience in the healthcare/managed care industry

Reimbursement Counselor (Senior) (Current Employee) San Bruno, CA

ProsGreat benefits, formal training programs, opportunity for rewarding interactions with doctors and patients

ConsPresence of incompetent managers. Once past the relatively short learning curve, job can be hum drum and unchallenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the leadership development of promising individuals and be advocates and mentors for those who report to you.

Bait and Switch

IT PM (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA

ProsMidlevel IT & Developers great to work with

ConsWorst executive Mgmt ever - not what you know its who you kiss - HR doesn't protect the rank & file

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look inside at mgmt nepotism, degrading mgmt comments and how about doing a morale survey !

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!