AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
257 reviews filtered by

1. This is a great company to work for, the management is fair and tries to do the best job possible for their associates.

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is fair in everything they do. It's not the perfect place to work, but with everything they offer I would recommend for any of my friends to work here.

Cons

The yearly increases could be a little better, outside of that...none that i can think of.

Misleading

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

They offer free coffee, tea and soda.

Cons

High Turnover rates and they do not have proper IT equipment to perform without glitches,

Request that an overhaul be done with IT equipment.

3. Great company and benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, TX

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

Nice people who work as a team . Great benefits and everyone whose been with company has been there longer than 10 years.

Cons

Business casual all the time

5. Great company

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

Mon-fri get off no later than 7:00 pm

Cons

Dress up every day business wear

Organazation

Unorganized, very little corporate support but able to work autonomously.

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

Good benefits, manage territory as your own business

Cons

Little room for advancement, pay is below industry standard

Horrendous treatment of warehouse employees and outright bullying by supervisors

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooks, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooks, KY

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen (more than 3 years)

Pros

the pay is good. the time time off is excellent. and people will always need drugs so this company is just going to get bigger and bigger, so job security is a plus.

Cons

( I would give negative stars if I could!)

You will need all 4 weeks of the time off in order to recuperate from the long hours ( 10 - 13 hr days if you work 8 hour shifts and 12 -14.5 hours if you are on the 4 day a week 10 hour shift) and mental exhaustion you will experience here. you will see explicit favoritism and may be bullied in front of your coworkers by supervisors. your HIPPA rights are violated by supervisors telling your medical issues to your coworkers when you miss work and HR will take the supervisors side against you. You can be falling down with fever and supervisors will walk past and ask "are we having fun yet?" even when it is obvious that you are extremely unwell. Your coworkers will be the ones to watch to make sure you dont collapse even after they have reported to a supervisor that you are very sick. Then when the you can no longer stand and you DO collapse your coworkers will carry you out of the warehouse. You will not be safe to drive home but you just hope you make it.

When they add more and more work you will suffer exhaustion and sleep depravity. likely to have accidents or make errors and since this is a pharmaceutical warehouse you have to make 99.97% accuracy.... We were told that fatigue was "NO EXCUSE FOR ERRORS!" ( Unless your supervisor likes you ALOT *wink, wink* , then you can make all you like and you will never be written up) There was a man that had a heart attack when i was there but didnt want to leave to go to the hospital because he didnt want to get points on hos attendence (It was MONDAY!! 5Thats POINTS!) there was another man taken out of there on two different occasions from exhaustion ( he typically worked 60 hours per week) a lady had a head-on collision after several 14 hour days and she had told people she was feeling unsafe to drive.

you will be screwed out of almost every bonus..you can work longer hours and the work load will double and they will still say you didnt make the projectated goals... goals set so high they know you wont make them. and then they will tell you that its isnt your fault...the goals were over estimated , that clients who said they were going to sign decided not to and other clients left the company. so it wasnt your fault, ( and it wasnt, there was NOTHING you could have done to in anyway make a difference in this)---but they still arent giving you your bonus.

This is a pharmacutical warehouse and your day is not over until the last box is on the last truck. do not think you have a "quitting time". you will stay until they allow you to leave so you best have a babysitter that lives with you.

Appreciate people who work hard for you and show up everyday for years without ever calling in. when they are ill and have to call in on a monday issue points on a case to case basis. NOT an automatic 5 points for a monday call in--if someone has never called in in 3, 4 or 5 years then realize that they MUST BE SICK! Ive worked WITH A DRS NOTE saying not to work because i went to the dr at 4 pm on a sunday but i would still have gotten 5 points if i called in even with that note. . RECOGNIZE if someone calls in 24 hours in advance its likely they did it because they know they dont want to come in on a monday ( mondays suck and people know it and they know if they call 24 hours in advance they are off the hook. notice those that repeatedly abuse the system rather than punishing those that cant avoid missing work on a monday once in 3 years!) MOST of the time you arent going to know 24 hrs in advance if you will feel better by 9:30 am or your condition may worsen during the night...and you cant predict getting food poisoning on sunday night and who are you going to call on a sunday morning anyway?

Heres a suggestion for you: When you have made $100 BILLION dollars in revenue dont give your employees a cake with that on it the same day you tell them they arent getting their bonus AGAINNNNN!! It shows exactly how little you care about the people working 14 hour shifts for you....also dont tell them that that you bought them pizza to celebrate but limit it to 2 slices and give them a cookie THAT YOU MAKE THEM SIGN FOR!!! (Who keeps a cookie manifest??? you cheap bastards!) I would give you a negative star on this site if I could!!

A collection of mediocrity in IT.

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The bar is set very low. You don't need to be competent to work here. As long as you keep your mouth shut and do the minimum to get by you'll likely have a job for life.

Cons

You'll get bored and it will kill your career. You'll be surrounded by tons of corporate toadies. DO NOT go here if you are in any sort of technical field. This is NOT a tech company. They are firmly rooted in old school corporate culture.

Take a second look at all the kingdom building within your organization. Promotion from within isn't always a good thing. I'm specifically talking about IT and even more specifically Specialty IT. Those folks get paid waaaay too much. They'll never leave and you're actually encourage them to hold the status quo.

Misleading, Not fulfilling

Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Rockville, MD

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Pay is somewhat OK for the redundant work load
    -It's a job....

Cons

-Everything

-Everything

If you are truly interested in staying in the medical field, this is not the company for you. This is simply a distribution center for drugs distributed by Bayer. Depending on which drug team you're on, your work flow is different. The facility is nice. The environment is soooooo elementary. Instead of worrying about productivity, they care what time u go to the bathroom and whether or not you cell phone is visible on your desk I was told I was being interviewed for a reimbursement counselor position...even in the interview, i was given the description of such. LIES. Absolutely not....I was told the only real reimbursement counselors for my particular department are stationed in Texas & that i would just be taking inbound calls placing orders for whichever of the two drugs they wanted. Legit sitting in a cubicle all day placing "McDonald-like" orders. I wish I would've stayed where I was, I only came here thinking this would be a career heighten-er...wrong..now an 1 1/2 hr commute, & a pb&j from being in elementary school...i am so dissatisfied. I have written to HR, my concerns have not been addressed. I am so nervous to address management directly until I have another door open- soon hopefully- I'm stuck here to be unhappy.

Update your job description
    The daily responsibilities of everyone in the department have absolutely nothing to do with the role of a reimbursement counselor....this is a distribution center, and you need to solicite DISTRIBUTION REPS...or a more suitable base...you're tricking over qualified people into doing your bottom of the barrel work & placing them in a call center! not okay.

Great Benefits, however, difficult environment to work, underpaid, overworked.

Former Employee - IT Engineer
    Former Employee - IT Engineer

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits good
    Stable company
    Company overall is growing

Cons

Overworked. Wasn't uncommon to put in 60-80 hours a week.
    Underpaid compared to others within the IT field, particularly given the hours worked.
    IT Department restructuring and was a constant source of change.
    Little to no training.
    large number of managers with a few workers. Needed more people actually doing the day to day work.

Try to create a better work environment for employees.

11. It has been a wonderful job, giving me what I needed when I needed it.

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

ABC has the best benefits I've ever known!

Cons

They don't allow part time work.