AmerisourceBergen

Updated September 16, 2014
2.9

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis
Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job (in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place (in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Salaries way below industry standards

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the people I work with, it's a stable company with large earning potential and growth, great benefits package

Cons

The goals that Senior Management set for some of the business units this year were completely unattainable causing some to not get their bonuses. People rely on the bonus to put them somewhere closer to a salary they can survive on. This company does not reward it's employees. A 2% raise on an "Exceeds Expectations" review per year is not acceptable. People can't live on that and deal with inflation. I hear about a lot of people that are looking for either a second job or looking to leave the company completely.

Give back to your employees. You have experienced HUGE earnings, you should put some of that back into the people that have gotten you there. Especially the lower level workers. The amount of turnover has got to be costing the company quite a bit in training new personnel.

Used to be pleasant

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some of the people I worked with were great. Used to be like a family

Cons

Lot's of favoritism. Not a pleasant place to work anymore. Very low morale.

Make the people important. Without the hourly people, the company isn't any good.

PQA Engineer III

Former Employee - PQA Engineer IIII  in  Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - PQA Engineer IIII in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Able to wear multiple hats

Cons

no matter what you do , they will treat like monkey in jail.
    yearly goals never clear, all subjective. pay raises 4% average in bad econmony so that is good, but company will start you on low wages :)

need to reorg and hire top talent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a disaster! Stay away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

Pros

none it is all bad

Cons

every thing to do with them

ABC does not walk the talk

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decentralized, autonomous. Dynamic, fast paced environment with variety. Decisions are almost entirely housed in the site for day to day operations.

Cons

Lack of resources, staffing limited, support limited, no advancement, long hours, low pay, no training or travel encouraged. The company allows each DC to work autonomously however this puts a lot of stress on those at the site. There are limited human resources which requires long hours and tough work life balance.

Connect DC's to corporate and have values match the real culture.

Now We are Facing Pay Cuts!

Current Employee - Project Management  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Project Management in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Parking lot lighting is adequate.

Cons

We are now facing pay cuts. AmerisourceBergen spent the good part of 2011 and 2012 buying companies from all over the United States and spending a lot of money doing it. Now, to refill the company's coffers they are cutting our salaries. Meanwhile we at Lash Group made 22% more money last year. AmerisourceBergen is handing the money over to Wall Street. buying back billions of its own stocks to raise share prices. These executives get paid in stocks so they have an incentive to do this while taking the money out of our paychecks. Overall we now face a 13% pay cut since this company is increasing the costs of our benefits. Decent companies do not do that especially when they are making billions in profits. But here, they don't even clean the bathrooms and we have flies in the break rooms hovering by the soft drink machines. This is not an employer of choice.

We have no reason to work harder to make these executives wealthier! We can do these jobs for any call center, any hospital, any med fac in Charlotte. We are slowing down our production and there is nothing you can do about it. Many more are quitting. If you appreciate Wall Street so much, then have them come in and do our jobs. Increasing the costs of our benefits and giving us FAKE pay raises by reducing our punishment bonus and increasing our base salary is an insult. You can't take $1 from the left hand and give it to the right hand and call it found money and tell us to be happy. Your lies have gone far enough! From the looks of it, we will not see a pay increase for 18 months. We have no reason to work here.

A/P Clerk

Former Employee - A/P Clerk
    Former Employee - A/P Clerk

I worked at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Benefits
    I no longer work there

Cons

DO NOT ENTER! Stay away! People are dropping like flies, and rightfully so. No opportunity for advancement, low wages, slave labour, long hours, snappy manager, no feedback, piles of work, no real education required, no real skills necessary. Manager will yell at employees in front of other colleagues. Cliques, reminiscent of high school drama. No breaks, short lunch break, work, work, work. Not fast enough? YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK, GOOD BYE!

Pull employees aside to yell at them. Provide feedback when necessary. Don't be so snappy with employees, especially in front of others (Midol).
    Supervisors and Managers should be honest with employees. Caught both withholding the truth, only to find out the truth later.
    Do not tell potential employees that there is a low turnover rate when the turnover rate is crazy high.
    Communication, communication, communication.

HR and Management in Orange need replacement

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very powerful company. Worked there for a few years. Benefits are good.

Cons

Very hostile environment. HR puts complaints under the rug. Management gets away with a lot of favoritism, harassment, humiliation, power-trips and affairs. There is a lot of racism, only white people are hired as management and minorities are treated unfair in the office.

My advise to the CEO is there is a lot of things going on wrong. Make an anonymous survey. Send undercover employees. Review complaint files, if they haven't already been destroyed. Another suggestion is to put hidden cameras to see this in real time.

Out with the old, in with the new..."

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen for more than 10 years

Pros

Employee Benefits package is pretty decent.

Cons

Major changes in upper management. The new team is cleaning house by eliminating positions, adding more responsibility to each person and they are bringing in their own hotshot mgmnt colleagues who don't know much about our business model. I've been with the company over 15 years and it has become unrecognizable to me.

Employee input is no longer needed or wanted. What management says goes...period! The VP's are too blind to see that our customers and clients are not happy with all of their changes.

Used to be a great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, PTO and company functions.

Cons

Rules change at the whim of the Director and Mgr. Intimidation is used. If there is a problem don't go to HR and if you do, it is swept under the rug. Huge turnover on the 2nd floor due to poor management. People who have worked for 6 to 9 years in the US Bioservices part of AmerisourceBergen have left in droves. Many people quit without another job to go to.

Just because a person has the title of Director or Manager after their names make them trustworthy. Listen to your employees, they are trying to tell you something. Not all employee complaints are due to a disgruntled employee.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!