Amerisure

Gregg Crabb

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Amerisure (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in everyday. Compensation and benefits are competitive. Team oriented environment where management seeks employees input on decisions.

Cons

I do not have any really negative things to state about this company. The only item to improve is the large amount of meetings mgmt is in.

It was ok

I worked at Amerisure

Pros

They offered decent compensation as far as health benefits and paid time off/sick.

Cons

Most of the co-workers I worked with in the local office were laid off or being laid off. Clerks were being eliminated and they were going paperless.

Collaborative, Rewarding, and Balanced

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Amerisure full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Likely the best place that I've worked at to date. The work culture is solid - not based on show but on real substance, like good work-life balance, appropriate and consistent feedback, amazing benefits package, and above market compensation. Employees are truly recognized, from their managers to top level C-Suite execs. It's an impressive company that has been around for a very long time but is working hard to keep current. Culture is open to change and emphasizes collaboration. You'll never feel you're in a silo here and everyone is very nice.

Office has a strong corporate feel but is nicely decorated with a lot of sunlight filtering in. There's a nice cafeteria, outdoor track & basketball hoop, and company events taking place in the gorgeous atrium quite often.

Cons

Ratio of tenured employees to newcomers is high to low but there are younger individuals and those that have been working there for a long time are very knowledgeable, collaborative, and nice.

Keep up the great work!

Disappointed

Current Employee - Anonymous in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Amerisure full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generous PTO right away--no waiting a year for vacation. Sick time also available. Flexible work schedules and other perks.

Cons

The pay. Those with no work ethic are allowed to flourish and stick around for years. Poor managers who allow those with no work ethic to stick around, which forces the rest of the team to pick up the slack.

Get rid of poor performers.

Too many chiefs...

I worked at Amerisure full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great colleagues and, at least in the office where I worked, a true sense of teamwork. Office facility pleasant.

Cons

Too many managers, insufficient clerical support and far too many nitpicky "quality" criteria to meet leaves those in the trenches with little time/ability to do good work and accomplish anything meaningful. Lots of turnover at location where I worked due to poor training and management's ridiculous demands. A few very long term employees, mostly in management but lots of turnover in every other division.

Re-establish local support teams and implement better training. Stop dragging your feet on implementing updated technology. Good employees become disgusted with lack of support yet ever-increasing demands for reports and documentation. Give them decent support, adequate training and pay attention to locations with lots of turnover-- that should indicate there's a serious problem with local management.

A company of self-motivated , company-centered people who provide excellent service!!!

Former Employee - Auditing Assistant in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Auditing Assistant in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Amerisure as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The company atmosphere is very conducive to employee morale. Excellent relationship with management and employees. Employees are appreciated and considered in company's decision making.

Cons

I wished job opportunity could have lasted longer!!

Keep up the good work!!!!

Good and Bad Points - Just Like Everywhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Amerisure full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some incredible people at Amerisure. I appreciated the managers who wanted to implement change, who stood up for the right thing, who did not gossip, and who strived to improve the workplace.

Benefits were fantastic! 401(k) with company match, generous sick leave & PTO, money toward gym memberships/healthy lifestyles, etc. Most departments offered flexibility in the work schedule, as well.

Cons

There are also less than stellar people... and many happen to be in management. Leadership of the HR department, in particular, was less than desirable. People in leadership over areas in which they had absolutely no knowledge. Consequently, the department suffered and HR was the leader in high turnover for several years.

Also, it was as if employees were beating their heads against brick walls when trying to implement change throughout the organization. The leadership was ridiculously stubborn.

I also did not care for the fact that I worked there for 7 years and never once had an actual conversation with the CEO. He was always unreachable, unapproachable and rarely spoke with employees outside of the executive management team.

Good company overall

I have been working at Amerisure full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company with good work/life balance

Cons

None that I can think of that are major

Slow go

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Amerisure full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company treats its employees well, you generally do not need to worry about your job. Work with some very good people. Some very bright and capable employees VPs/directors (along with incompetent ones). Some very loyal agencies. Well managed financially. Conservative. Safe. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Cons

Extremely slow to change and look for new opportunities. Treats its employees a little too well in many cases; underperforming middle management generally stay in the role they've been in...usually for 25+ years. Many of these folks make your job difficult if you're just coming into the company. Company has brought in a variety of very talented "change agent" types over the past several years (BPMs, Project Managers, marketing, etc...) and they usually get fed up with the culture and split in about 1-3 years after realizing they are not getting the support they need from upper management to really drive that change. Upper management is a mixed bag of very talented leaders and do-nothings who stumbled into the role 20 years ago and somehow have managed to deflect any blame over the years. Agencies are really running the show even though they don't take on the risk.

If you are bringing in people to drive positive change within the organization give them the support they need to do their job.

Good culture

I have been working at Amerisure

Pros

Focus on strong relationships shows.

Cons

I do not have any at this time.