Amerisure

Updated Nov 2, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard F. Russell

A company of self-motivated , company-centered people who provide excellent service!!!

Auditing Assistant (Former Employee)
Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Amerisure as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe company atmosphere is very conducive to employee morale. Excellent relationship with management and employees. Employees are appreciated and considered in company's decision making.

ConsI wished job opportunity could have lasted longer!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!!!

Good and Bad Points - Just Like Everywhere

I worked at Amerisure full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere are some incredible people at Amerisure. I appreciated the managers who wanted to implement change, who stood up for the right thing, who did not gossip, and who strived to improve the workplace.

Benefits were fantastic! 401(k) with company match, generous sick leave & PTO, money toward gym memberships/healthy lifestyles, etc. Most departments offered flexibility in the work schedule, as well.

ConsThere are also less than stellar people... and many happen to be in management. Leadership of the HR department, in particular, was less than desirable. People in leadership over areas in which they had absolutely no knowledge. Consequently, the department suffered and HR was the leader in high turnover for several years.

Also, it was as if employees were beating their heads against brick walls when trying to implement change throughout the organization. The leadership was ridiculously stubborn.

I also did not care for the fact that I worked there for 7 years and never once had an actual conversation with the CEO. He was always unreachable, unapproachable and rarely spoke with employees outside of the executive management team.

Good company overall

I have been working at Amerisure full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStable company with good work/life balance

ConsNone that I can think of that are major

Slow go

Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Amerisure full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany treats its employees well, you generally do not need to worry about your job. Work with some very good people. Some very bright and capable employees VPs/directors (along with incompetent ones). Some very loyal agencies. Well managed financially. Conservative. Safe. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

ConsExtremely slow to change and look for new opportunities. Treats its employees a little too well in many cases; underperforming middle management generally stay in the role they've been in...usually for 25+ years. Many of these folks make your job difficult if you're just coming into the company. Company has brought in a variety of very talented "change agent" types over the past several years (BPMs, Project Managers, marketing, etc...) and they usually get fed up with the culture and split in about 1-3 years after realizing they are not getting the support they need from upper management to really drive that change. Upper management is a mixed bag of very talented leaders and do-nothings who stumbled into the role 20 years ago and somehow have managed to deflect any blame over the years. Agencies are really running the show even though they don't take on the risk.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are bringing in people to drive positive change within the organization give them the support they need to do their job.

Good culture

I have been working at Amerisure

ProsFocus on strong relationships shows.

ConsI do not have any at this time.

Exciting in the beginning and tiring to watch the high service level be lost in a culture statement.

Senior Underwriter (Former Employee)
Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Amerisure full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe pros were great underwriting flexibility with accountability. Competitve people who enjoyed their work and the best in the business.

ConsRunning a great company into a Cult where most of the high performers left and were replaced with B talent. The workload would border on the sweat shop mentality with too much corporate mission statement mentality to justify poor decisions. Watch "The Office" again.......

Advice to Senior ManagementGain the flexibility and service reputation back. Too much collaboration on a decision that the industry commonly makes quickly.

Good company, but can't handle change well

I worked at Amerisure full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood work environment
Good salary
Some work/life flexibility

ConsVery resistant to change or new ideas
Getting along is much more important the actual results
Prefers mediocre staff to true high performers

Advice to Senior Managementreward new ideas and risk takers
staff keeps their head low to aviod notice
Old management favorites stiffle growth

Disappointing

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amerisure full-time for more than a year

ProsPay is very good, you get to work with a limited number of agents so you can build a relationship. Employees are great and the team work environment is nice.

ConsDuring the interview process, which is very long, it is very much a "date". It is definately not what I was sold here. I have 17 years of experience and they dont have any respect for knowledge that you have - you have no credibility and they arent afraid to tell you so once you are in. The company is changing and is very management heavy now. Tons of documetation for management, more and more reports about what you are doing instead of being able to do it. Although pay is good - the workload is borderline insane. Bottom management is inexperienced and has an "us" vs them mentality towards the workers that errodes the office moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have followed in the footsteps of the big carriers and made sure you have more management than bottom level employess to do the work. It is sad, it doesnt have to be this way. Happy employees work harder and your employees are becoming less and less happy.

Extremely pleasant

Marketing Underwriter (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Amerisure

ProsHere the co-workers and get along with no conflicts, it is a laid back environment, and the managment really cares about you.

ConsMedical benifts are large deductible plan. Company is somewhat small but that just means your efforts are more recognized. Do not conduct business in all states.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think leadership is doing exactly what they should be doing. They are very visible around the field offices and always keep employees up to date.

Like many companies, you are as valuable as your productivity.

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Amerisure

ProsAmerisure empowers you to either succeed or fail.

ConsWorkload is insane. The pay is good and the benefits are okay, but you earn it. The staff is friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's the little things that make a workplace fun.

Worked for Amerisure? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amerisure reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amerisure CEO Richard F. Russell. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Amerisure employees.