Amerisure Reviews

Gregg Crabb

1. Great Culture, Great Co-Workers & Great Customers

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter
    Current Employee - Senior Underwriter

I have been working at Amerisure

Pros

The culture of this organization is visible at every level. Employees are welcoming, supportive and highly collaborative.

Cons

Some of the systems & programs are antiquated and outdated.

Pay well but might not be worth it....

Former Employee - Specialist In Claims
    Former Employee - Specialist In Claims

I worked at Amerisure full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay (keeps you there even if you're miserable). Learned a lot. Competent staff (not necessarily management).

Cons

Workloads. Red tape (need approval for everything) You're only a # and if you suggest anything, you are deemed to not be a cultural fit and they will push you out. No upward mobility opportunities (to be fair, it may have just been that office??) They are perfectly happy to see everyone work 12 hour days and saturdays (staffing a perpetual issue). Lots of recent or changes ... including unwarranted dismissals of top leadership because they may have been close to the old guard (wanted clean slate it appears)

Advice to Management

Appreciate employees more. Build better morale. I don't know much about new top leadership as they arrived after I left but current employees i remain friendly with are not happy....

Not the worst job ever...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Irvington, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Irvington, NY

I worked at Amerisure

Pros

Worked as a CSR before our entire team was laid off. I got some great insurance experience working for a big company, so that was appreciated.

Cons

Management was awful and our supervisor would pass off all the busy work and go around talking to other employees and complain about our performance all the time. Definitely a micro-managed environment.

Advice to Management

Value the support team. Our adjusters really appreciated us, but their managers did not.

Used to be a great place to work but new management has changed company culture and values completely.

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Amerisure full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent technology, great colleagues (for the most part), office model fostered great communication between claims & underwriting, good performance recognized and rewarded, ability to work remotely, better room for promotion and lateral moves that most other similar companies.

Cons

Obvious problems with local management largely ignored by HR and corporate management which leaves problem managers in place, annual bonus distribution left to local management to determine amounts arbitrarily, poor training for new employees, obtaining promotions or transitioning to new positions will likely require relocation to other offices.

Advice to Management

New corporate management has changed this company for the worse and I frankly don't see how it can be improved again without revamping/replacing corporate managers. When it is clear that there are problems with local management, stop turning a deaf ear and blind eye-- this sends employees the message that they have to tolerate bad local management or get out, which many have chosen to do. This was particularly evident when long-term corporate management began to retire/leave the company in droves about 3 years ago when it became clear that the company's culture was changing with new management. Now this company, which used to bet better than most, is now no different than any other insurance company.

6. Great Company for Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Analyst in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Analyst in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Amerisure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amerisure is very focused on employee satisfaction, and they want to retain young talent within the company. Work life balance is very achievable in the company, with flex and remote working programs available. Compensation and benefits are competitive, but probably a little lower than market rates.

Cons

Not very focused on internal development and internal transfers.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on retaining talent, and the company will be even more competitive in the insurance industry.

7. It was ok

I worked at Amerisure

Pros

They offered decent compensation as far as health benefits and paid time off/sick.

Cons

Most of the co-workers I worked with in the local office were laid off or being laid off. Clerks were being eliminated and they were going paperless.

8. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Amerisure (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in everyday. Compensation and benefits are competitive. Team oriented environment where management seeks employees input on decisions.

Cons

I do not have any really negative things to state about this company. The only item to improve is the large amount of meetings mgmt is in.

9. Collaborative, Rewarding, and Balanced

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Amerisure full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Likely the best place that I've worked at to date. The work culture is solid - not based on show but on real substance, like good work-life balance, appropriate and consistent feedback, amazing benefits package, and above market compensation. Employees are truly recognized, from their managers to top level C-Suite execs. It's an impressive company that has been around for a very long time but is working hard to keep current. Culture is open to change and emphasizes collaboration. You'll never feel you're in a silo here and everyone is very nice. Office has a strong corporate feel but is nicely decorated with a lot of sunlight filtering in. There's a nice cafeteria, outdoor track & basketball hoop, and company events taking place in the gorgeous atrium quite often.

Cons

Ratio of tenured employees to newcomers is high to low but there are younger individuals and those that have been working there for a long time are very knowledgeable, collaborative, and nice.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. Disappointed

Current Employee - Anonymous in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Amerisure full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generous PTO right away--no waiting a year for vacation. Sick time also available. Flexible work schedules and other perks.

Cons

The pay. Those with no work ethic are allowed to flourish and stick around for years. Poor managers who allow those with no work ethic to stick around, which forces the rest of the team to pick up the slack.

Advice to Management

Get rid of poor performers.

Too many chiefs...

I worked at Amerisure full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great colleagues and, at least in the office where I worked, a true sense of teamwork. Office facility pleasant.

Cons

Too many managers, insufficient clerical support and far too many nitpicky "quality" criteria to meet leaves those in the trenches with little time/ability to do good work and accomplish anything meaningful. Lots of turnover at location where I worked due to poor training and management's ridiculous demands. A few very long term employees, mostly in management but lots of turnover in every other division.

Advice to Management

Re-establish local support teams and implement better training. Stop dragging your feet on implementing updated technology. Good employees become disgusted with lack of support yet ever-increasing demands for reports and documentation. Give them decent support, adequate training and pay attention to locations with lots of turnover-- that should indicate there's a serious problem with local management.

RSS Feed </> Embed