Amewas

Amewas President & CEO Chuck Jeffries

Chuck Jeffries

Rewarding

Admin (Current Employee) Patuxent River, MD

ProsYou can really climb the ladder with AMEWAS. I thought I would be in my position until retirement, but have been offered a postion that offers a feeling of accomplishment. I have the option to seek any additional education necessary to perform my new duties.

ConsI don't find any cons working for AMEWAS. Everyone I have come in contact with has always been helpful and courteous. The vacation and insurance plans are exceptional.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any advice for management. They are always there if you need any assistance or guidance. I find the door is always open when you need help whether it be personal or business related.

Feel very fortunate to have been accepted to my current position within the company, grateful for the opportunity.

Engineer (Current Employee) Patuxent River, MD

ProsThe pay is certainly nothing to complain about. The level of expertise one is surrounded by here is outstanding, opportunities for learning are plentiful.

ConsThe non job function critical paperwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementGoing to need more EMI engineers with the ones that will be retiring/moving on over the next year.

May 6, 2014

Thank you for your response; it is very much appreciated! We are too optimistic about the future thanks to employees like you.

Outstanding! AMEWAS is a very employee focused company

Information Assurance SME (Current Employee) Lexington Park, MD

ProsVery employee oriented - great benefits and promotes employee growth and education

ConsWorking on base and HQ remotely located

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

May 6, 2014

I appreciate your response and I am always grateful to see longevity such as yours!
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people to work with

Technician (Current Employee) Lexington Park, MD

Prosrelaxed environment, good pay for the amount of work done; people are really cool and knowledgeable, everyone is always willing to help

Consrough hours (6:30-4), have to come to work no matter what the weather is, need more personal leave, distant managemnet at some points

May 6, 2014

Thank you for your response; it is very much appreciated!

Great company with interesting and challenging client support opportunities

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsAMEWAS is a smaller company that enables you to feel as if you work with them not for them. This creates a comfortable atmosphere and allows for creative solutions and job satisfaction.

ConsUnlike some companies with a significant employee turnover it seems as if, people genuinely enjoy working at AMEWAS, this makes it difficult to find advancement opportunities within the company

At AMEWAS, you really are a part of the family!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) California, MD

ProsSmaller company, and therefore richer benefits including everything you would expect from a complete benefits package and very generous leave accrual. Being smaller allows the company to also have a more personal touch; when anyone experiences a hardship or something to celebrate, the company is here for us. AMEWAS cares not only about our employees but our families as well. The CEO still has a major role in all areas of the business, which is different than a lot of other companies.

ConsI do not have anything negative to comment on

AMEWAS Employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) California, MD

ProsAbility to be creative! Executive Management always has time to hear my ideas and provide advice from their experiences as to what has worked for them.

ConsNone to really share. My experience with the company, the employees, and management, has been very rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to evolve communication to ensure that it's clear and open to all employees.

AMEWAS has a family-oriented culture - you always feel at home here.

Analyst (Current Employee) California, MD

ProsSmall employer means you feel like a person, not a number. Your input is valued by your peers. The company management team is relaxed and open. The location is great!

ConsI have no real cons to share - if you value a tight-knit, family-friendly environment, AMEWAS is definitely for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate even the smallest tidbit and employees will remain satisfied and happy.

Great small company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) California, MD

ProsGreat moral at the workplace, monthly employee gatherings, a company that cares about its employees. Great benefit programs & community involvement.

ConsLimited in upward mobility, as the company is rather small. As a Gov contracting company, I feel they have too many subcontractors in key decision making roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote up some employees to lead positions & remove subcontractors from these roles.

AMEWAS Intern

Intern (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are really nice.

ConsThe hours are super long

Worked for Amewas? Contribute to the Community!