Amey

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mel Ewell

A company going places

ProsHaving worked across the industry Amey are definately one of the best. It is a company that is investing, growing and making sense when a lot of other aren't. They also invest in their people, meaning there are lots of development opportunities regardless of what stage you are at in your career.

ConsYou do travel a lot

Advice to Senior ManagementTeams love it when you spend time out on their contracts

Ultimately dissapointing

Engineer (Current Employee) Plymouth, England (UK)

ProsMost of the time they leave you alone to get your work done.Cant think of any other pros

ConsAlmost impossible work scheduling.To corporate and aloof.All tied up in paperwork.

Unspectacular employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsReasonable job security, reasonable training opportunities

ConsZero opportunity for career progression, pension matching only to 1%, relatively poor holiday allowance compared to the rest of the industry, penny pinching attitude, maximium 10% pay rise for moving between internal positions, promotion of poor quality people within the operations management side of the business, poor quality & poorly implemented in-house software.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay and benefits package needs to be matched to the rest of the industry below grade 'D' level to retain good people. In order for contracts to be run for the benefit of the company (and therefore stakeholders) they should be led by the commercial, performance and quality teams and not by the operations teams.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Co that has reinvented itself

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to work in a traditional industry sector but with a very modern outlook.

ConsNot as sophisticated as some but getting there.

I am happy

ProsDepends which part you work for, I am very lucky I have an excellent line manager. Good if personal problems.

ConsVery slow with internal processes

Advice to Senior ManagementSort the internal processes they can suck the life out of you.

eye opening and very educational.

Senior Building Support Officer (Former Employee) Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Prosbig company security, with a small company feel. they are a very professional company and I found them fun to work for

Consthe staff on the contract I was on didn't have a clue what they where doing most off the time and basically winged it. they expected far too much from one person.

Advice to Senior Managementensure by being hands on that your managers and account directors actually know what they are talking about and don't put profits before professionalism.

No gym. restaurant, cafe or decent hotels

Management (Current Employee) Oxford, England (UK)

ProsGood people, average salary, big company so lot's of place to go (geographically and career wise)

ConsGet a gym or at least off cheap gym membership for Oxford based staff, install a cafe or restaurant or get a deal with a local provider for cheaper food (Science Park food is expensive, Sainsbury a trip away). Sort your hotel policy out - everyone stays in rubbish budget hotels alongside tradesmen, teenagers and budget travellers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee cons really

Loads of potential but little substance

Project Manager (Current Employee) Leyland, England (UK)

ProsThe company has a growth strategy, increasing it's market and number of employees suggest great potential

ConsThe internal structure looks great in principle but doesn't appear to be working in practice. Little in the way of urgency within layers of management and employees aren't values

Advice to Senior ManagementAttempt to stem the flow of knowledge leaving the business

Frustrated

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsGood office, facilities, HR, Relaxing Environment.

ConsPoor career progression due to unfair promotion system- no clear system, affects confidence and unable to achieve potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more to retain good staff as annually loads of people are leaving.

Amey is a great place to work. So diverse, the jobs are both challenging & enjoyable as the organisation is innovative

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oxford, England (UK)

ProsWorking on projects from nearly 26 different business lines. The exposure this gives you is invaluable. They also truly care about career development and have a wealth of proffessional experts to support you on your journey- whatever direction you wish to pursue.

ConsThe salary is not great but the total reward package is better than industry standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that the salary remuneration remain competitive to attract and retain good talent.

Worked for Amey? Contribute to the Community!