Amica Mature Lifestyles

Be The First To
Add Photos

Samir A. Manji

Great culture, passionate employees

Server (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThis company provides an amazing service to seniors and has passionate engaged employees. The employees make all the difference in the lives of seniors every day.

ConsCareer progression is limited and sometimes we are short staffed.

Unpleasant experience, rude head office managers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with seniors is nice.

ConsManagement doesn't care about staff or residents, only profits. Communication is very poor and you never feel valued . Take a pass on this company if you can.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers ( from Toronto) are moody and volatile. More thoughtful treatment of staff would help with employee morale and retention.

Management confused and unfocused

Community Relations (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with seniors is very rewarding and most of the staff will ignore the confused and erratic management to make sure the residents receive the care they need.

ConsManagement has little regard for the residents or the employees who serve them. Erratic, moody management Unpleasant & uncooperative environment to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement (Toronto Head office) is confused and unfocused.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCommunities have some great staff, and most do care about the residents.

ConsToronto head office have made some bad moves, taking some great changes and firing some hard working honestly good managers... The problems lie within the management that have been there for many years, they are unkind and do not think of what's best for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your Toronto head office it's not good...

Trouble at Quinte Gardens

ProsThe residents of Quinte Gardens are mostly enjoyable to work for.

ConsAmica recently acquired Quinte Gardens for 70 million and is having a great deal of difficulty managing this overly large and unprofitable retirement home. Amica is ldesperately looking for ways to turn this white elephant around. So far, all they've been able to do is lower the rents, fire staff and attempt to cut costs. Unfortunately, the building is getting old and requires a mayor refurbishing which will cost lots of money which they don't have. Amica has resorted to firing most of the managers and supervisors - and a lot of employees have quit due to stress & to pro-actively avoid getting fired. Think twice before joining this company, no matter how hard you work you may find yourself paying for Amica's purchasing mistake.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate should examine their decision to purchase Quinte Gardens. Quinte Gardens is physically too large and the hallways too vast for the age of the average resident ( 90 years old). The pricing ( which was recently lowered) is still to high for the economically depressed Quinte area. Amica should removing the lock-down ward on the second floor as they do not have the staff or expertise to manage Alzheimer and behavioural issues.

ver good experience

Conceriage (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Prosfriendly staff good environment good timmings friend residents

Conssmall company location closing down unfriendly management

Worked for Amica Mature Lifestyles? Contribute to the Community!